Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

The new update broke the game on PC

by Bistoory

Original Post

Highlighted

The new update broke the game on PC

★★★ Guide

The game doesn't launch AT ALL, did a repair and still broken, seriously, do a internal test before screwing people next time...

Message 1 of 10 (238 Views)
Highlighted

Re: The new update broke the game on PC

★★★ Novice
Broke it for you.

Might a good idea to post this in the technical/bug sub forums don't you think?
Message 3 of 10 (226 Views)
Highlighted

Betreff: The new update broke the game on PC

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

open task manager....kill anthem task......start game.

if that not works....end origin.....if anthem is still going...origin will notify you that it cant be closed......force origin to close.....and start everything again

look in your taskmanager again after closing origin.....anthem might show up now

Message 2 of 10 (226 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Broke it for me in another way, Im crashing(Game lockup) and loosing sound non-stop now.

Trying to complete one mission goes as following: Sound lost ALT-F4 start over, Sound lost again ALT-F4 start over. Game locked up ALT-F4 start over, Sound lost.... ALT-F4 start over. Game locks up.. ALT-F4 start over... game locks up ALT-F4 start over.... game locks up ... ALT-F4 start over SEVEN attempts to get past one combat section in a generic kill mobs as they spawn section of a mission.

I understand a few bugs and crashes now and than for a new release but this is beyond stupid at this point, did they even test this game on more than one PC platform?

And how did the patch that was supposed to make things better make it 5x worse?

Message 4 of 10 (201 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@Sirithcam wrote:

open task manager....kill anthem task......start game.

if that not works....end origin.....if anthem is still going...origin will notify you that it cant be closed......force origin to close.....and start everything again

look in your taskmanager again after closing origin.....anthem might show up now

it doesn't even stay open, it closes itself.

Message 5 of 10 (191 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
And here we go, another * 1.24GB update, again...
Message 6 of 10 (146 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

@GrimReaper801 wrote:
Broke it for you.

Might a good idea to post this in the technical/bug sub forums don't you think?

It broke for MANY people. It’s tanking performance on PS4 Pro too. Loads of graphical issues. Getting stuck behind those walls during missions. It’s pretty terrible. 

Message 7 of 10 (141 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
Bump, still unable to launch the game, this a a real joke....
Message 8 of 10 (82 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I personally don't have a launching issue @Bistoory other issues though. But my friend had the launching issue and he was able to fix it by rolling back

nvidia drivers from the 419.17 nvidia drivers to the 418.91 nvidia drivers.  
418.91 came out Feb 13th

419.17 came out Feb 22nd

You can try that and or vice versa if you are on later drivers up date to the latest.

My biggest bugs in game so far have been the Action Button glitch ("F" key by default) not working and forcing me to close game.
Big issue because you can interact with anything like reviving people, opening chest,

mission events that require you to hold action button for a specified amount of time, harvesting plants through the harvest feature etc.

And the sound glitch. But I'm beginning to believe it may either be a conflict between discord and the game, or chrome's html 5 while watching

streaming video and playing the game.

Message 9 of 10 (71 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

feels like they are not sure how to work together on this one, so many bugs fixed for PC day before launch, now, after several 'other' patches, it somehow feels like someone over at EA or Bioware is messing with the devs and putting the old fixed bugs back in for PC... that's complete BS from me to think that way ofc, but it sounded funny enough, seriously, I think it's prob more an issue of fixes for the multiple platforms that are not compatible at this point... just a thought, are they testing a patch on ALL platforms before patching it in?

Message 10 of 10 (53 Views)
Twitter Stream