Map is Great

by abromley039

Original Post

The new map is good and here's why

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

The new map is big, complex, confusing, and has less loots but it is one step toward the right direction. Let me tell you why:

1. It's designed with Crypto in mind, just like Kings Canyon make Watson a viable legend. The complex terrain allows the drone to blend in between trees. I am very sure the drone will get shot as soon as Crypto launch it in Kings canyon.

2. Reduce the risk of being third partied. I played a fair amount of games with the new map and only got 3rd partied once. In the old map, you cant simply drag the fight longer than 30 seconds. I'm tired of it, especially in ranked. The new map allows me to fight longer, allow me time to recover from the fight before other squads take advantage.

3. Do you watch the recent competitions? It's boring af with the same old formation ( Wr/Pa/Wa). In this new map, I can see other legends prove themselves useful.

Before the patch,ask yourself this honest question: Do you really need Lifeline's care package? I don't. The loots are everywhere, it's not hard to find purple/golden armors, together with other rare items.

In the new map, the loots are more difficult to find. Lifeline's package are good for the squad, probably people will pick her more in this meta for competition?

I also find Gib/Octane/Bang and other legends can do something in high ranked/ competitions. Please, no more Pa/Wa/Wr.

4. No more R99/Peacekeeper combo in almost every squad. The map offer more dynamic strategies, not only 1 or 2 weapon combination dominate the rest.

For those who hate sniping, well, you don't have too. CQC is still a big part of this game. With the map complex terrrain, it's easy to retreat against the snipers, or flank us with other approach.

Yes, Snipers are getting ,stronger but R99 still remains its strength in CQC, not to mention the new king : Eva with hop up.

5. King Cayon will come back, probably after few weeks. As a BR lover, I love to play both maps in the future. But World's Edge is where my squad will land for now.

Probably the map is not perfect at this stage, but I'd say it's the right direction that Respawn make. Adapt and enjoy it.

Message 1 of 17 (735 Views)

Re: The new map is good and here's why

★★ Pro

I like the different strategies, for sure, but I think there are too many places to get stuck when running from the circle. For having such wide open areas, this map doesn't offer a lot of freedom to escape. But overall, it's a good release.

Message 2 of 17 (681 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@d3adc3III have to disagree on the third party comment. It has happened to me fairly often in this new map. Probably in part because the team flies into the city or on the train. Those places are death traps at the moment.

Message 3 of 17 (670 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The new map does cater towards more styles of gameplay and I think that is the greatest thing this new map brings.

Message 4 of 17 (664 Views)

Map is Great

★★★ Apprentice

I don't know what most people are talking about , this new map is great!

Most battles take place in tight corners and cities, not in the open...

I always run into squads, so much so I am actually having a problem with it. The second I'm done fighting a squad another one shows up. 

Most of people's problems imo is they haven't memorized the new map like the old one .. and they are complaining because it's harder to do well. 

Message 5 of 17 (597 Views)

Re: Map is Great

★★★★ Pro

biggest problem on this map is its size witch also pull additional fps drops! I have feeling like I play battelfield or forknife, not apex

Message 6 of 17 (589 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ColdHours yeah, it happened to me a few times last night as well but i really dun think it's as bad as Kings Canyon. Maybe I was just lucky.
Message 7 of 17 (600 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@d3adc3II Thanks for typing that out, think you nailed every point i like about the new map.
Message 8 of 17 (584 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ZenSp00n Glad you like the new map. I'm still learning the new map, there are many new things to learn for me Standard smile ( all good spots, timing to shoot that "flying lootbox")

Love flying around and look for enemy using drone.
Message 9 of 17 (581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

New map is OK, but overall it is a major setback. Even with crypto in mind players drone, drone drone drone alot of games he done like 35dmg. 2nd Dipending were the ring goes the map turns in to a pile of *. Wide open areas were u meet snipers who humped spots and with the new rifle dropping ur Shields on Purple armor in 1 hit i consider it even more bs.

Message 10 of 17 (509 Views)