by allentissot

Original Post

Re: The most frustrating part of it all

★★★★ Pro

@buddahcjcc wrote:

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@allentissot wrote:

@Banfilidh wrote:

I feel like you are filtering out the voices you don’t support your view. The community is not together on this and never was (to clarify, I think the vast majority wanted an increase, but not to that level).. Leaving the loot at that level would have been a lousy idea, and there would have been no coming back from it. Did drop rates need to be higher? Yes. Do they still need to be increased? Probably a little, bit nowhere near the levels you are asking for. They have taken the wise path of making small adjustments. Acting like making legendaries fall like rain would have been some magical fix for all the game’s issues is ridiculous, because the people that bailed would have left even quicker once they had full legendaries.

Dude, if there were 1000 posts on reddit 90% were about loot. So, yes, the community is very much together on that. And what don't you understand about inscriptions? We arent just chasing loot, we are chasing inscriptions, which means players wont be leaving once they get full legendary. 

You make a baseless assumption that the majority of the community are on Reddit.

Except the number one reason defenders use to explain why the devs dont post thigs here first is because theres "more ppl on Reddit/Twitter" than the forums

It still doesn't mean that everyone is on social media or the forums. A minor percentage of the playerbase in any game bother going to the forums or any kind of social media. So when I say "community", I mean the entire community, not just the minor percentage you talk about to try and add weight to your weak argument. Do some research before trying to sound authoritative on a subject and save yourself some embarrassment.

Message 11 of 27 (219 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@allentissot wrote:

@Banfilidh wrote:

I feel like you are filtering out the voices you don’t support your view. The community is not together on this and never was (to clarify, I think the vast majority wanted an increase, but not to that level).. Leaving the loot at that level would have been a lousy idea, and there would have been no coming back from it. Did drop rates need to be higher? Yes. Do they still need to be increased? Probably a little, bit nowhere near the levels you are asking for. They have taken the wise path of making small adjustments. Acting like making legendaries fall like rain would have been some magical fix for all the game’s issues is ridiculous, because the people that bailed would have left even quicker once they had full legendaries.

Dude, if there were 1000 posts on reddit 90% were about loot. So, yes, the community is very much together on that. And what don't you understand about inscriptions? We arent just chasing loot, we are chasing inscriptions, which means players wont be leaving once they get full legendary. 

I mean if you subscribe to that theory, youre basing player retention on the players being unobservant enough not to notice that other than getting the perfect inscription, they have nothing to do.

Message 12 of 27 (208 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i played every day last week and didnt get a single thing worth keeping. its not like i have loads of legs (2 nice guns and 1 or 2 components for each javelin and maybe 1 or 2 attack thingies) and most of my used masterwork components have crap rolls. but i keep getting the same MW over and over if i get them and zero legs. 

Message 13 of 27 (192 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Well I guess this "community" should be careful what they wish for. Same thing happened to Diablo 3 and when they made it rain legendaries people started complaining how they didn't feel so special/legendary. It didn't help either when most of these legendary drops were crap. They ended up making it better by allowing you to re roll the stats...even allowed you to change how it looked. I think a re roll of stats for legendaries in anthem would be good if done right.

Message 14 of 27 (169 Views)

★ Guide

Anthem needs....

Wait for it....

Patience...

Are...

You...

Ready?!

Puzzle Keys!

I know...too much lootz!  But tell me it wouldn't be fun AF!

Besides, let's be real...this is Anthem...it'd be all blues and purples anyway!

Message 15 of 27 (162 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

You know what this game needs?

ENHANCEMENT CORES!!!!!

*ducks and dives behind bar*

Message 16 of 27 (153 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Jonny_Castilloux wrote:

ENHANCEMENT CORES!!!!!

*ducks and dives behind bar*

Traditional loot boxes!!

*hides in bunker**

Message 17 of 27 (143 Views)

One of the loot issues that needs to be fixed is the vast disparity in how legendaries drop for different people.  I hear of people getting 4-5 a DAY, and only dream of that number, as that is usually a two week take for me.  Yup, that's right, I get about 2 legendary items a WEEK, and yet on these boards I hear of people getting that in a couple hours of play.  Now mind you, I don't play all day long, cause you know a job, but I usually put in a couple hours a day, and then more on the weekends, so around 15-20 hours a week ballpark, and my haul is 2 Legendary items.  Someone on here was complaining that since the patch, they played 6 hours and only got 2 items, whereas pre-patch they would have gotten 15-20 items in that time.  This disparity to me, is at the core of Loot issue in Anthem, as some people just don't seem to get drops making and others get plenty, making "adjustments" hard for Bioware depending on who they are basing it off of.  I don't know why some get more than others, but if Bioware is looking at total drops of Legendaries off during a set time played by all people, then they may be happy with the rate, but the issue is 25% of the players(number pulled out of the air) are getting 75% of the drops and the rest of the people are starving for drops.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 18 of 27 (134 Views)

★ Pro

There’s a rumor we might be getting loot grabbitz.

Message 19 of 27 (128 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Jonny_Castilloux wrote:

Competent management?

Unreal Engine?

Another year of development?

Nah, just give me a bauble and I'm good.

Message 20 of 27 (125 Views)
Twitter Stream