Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

The most frustrating part of it all

by allentissot

Original Post

The most frustrating part of it all

★★★★★ Apprentice

After all the horrible development and the P.R. nightmare that is anthem, the most frustrating part is that the game COULD still have been good. All the dev's had to do was leave the drop rate where it was during the "11hr bug".

Have you ever seen a community so together on a single issue in your life? I haven't. Yes people were calling on fixes for the technical issues, but the overwhelming majority of the community just wanted drops.

Even now I'm still playing, hoping that some legendaries drop so I can try some of the builds I'm seeing on youtube and maybe try some ideas of my own. I cant do this without loot and I'm not getting any. 

Message 1 of 27 (530 Views)

Re: The most frustrating part of it all

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I feel like you are filtering out the voices you don’t support your view. The community is not together on this and never was (to clarify, I think the vast majority wanted an increase, but not to that level).. Leaving the loot at that level would have been a lousy idea, and there would have been no coming back from it. Did drop rates need to be higher? Yes. Do they still need to be increased? Probably a little, bit nowhere near the levels you are asking for. They have taken the wise path of making small adjustments. Acting like making legendaries fall like rain would have been some magical fix for all the game’s issues is ridiculous, because the people that bailed would have left even quicker once they had full legendaries.

Message 2 of 27 (492 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Banfilidh wrote:

I feel like you are filtering out the voices you don’t support your view. The community is not together on this and never was (to clarify, I think the vast majority wanted an increase, but not to that level).. Leaving the loot at that level would have been a lousy idea, and there would have been no coming back from it. Did drop rates need to be higher? Yes. Do they still need to be increased? Probably a little, bit nowhere near the levels you are asking for. They have taken the wise path of making small adjustments. Acting like making legendaries fall like rain would have been some magical fix for all the game’s issues is ridiculous, because the people that bailed would have left even quicker once they had full legendaries.

It is the same effect, whichever they choose.  If you are still playing this game, you could be classified as insane, as the value is close to 0 to still be playing this game more than 1 hour a day.

Message 3 of 27 (468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@allentissot wrote:

After all the horrible development and the P.R. nightmare that is anthem, the most frustrating part is that the game COULD still have been good. All the dev's had to do was leave the drop rate where it was during the "11hr bug".

Have you ever seen a community so together on a single issue in your life? I haven't. Yes people were calling on fixes for the technical issues, but the overwhelming majority of the community just wanted drops.

Even now I'm still playing, hoping that some legendaries drop so I can try some of the builds I'm seeing on youtube and maybe try some ideas of my own. I cant do this without loot and I'm not getting any. 

See, the only reason the drop rate issue is an issue at all is because that's literally the end game. There is no new content to unlock once you get a certain gear score, the achievements for getting all of one gear score dont seem to work (Im at masterwork and I looked and all those challenges are not completed), theres no actual in game REASON to continue playing the game once you hit 30. OTHER than to grind the same three instances and run the same few missions youve already run in the hopes of getting good enough drops to get to GM1 where you get all the loot, where you grind the same three instances and run the same few missions youve already run in the hopes of getting good enough drops to get to GM2. Then you get to grind the same three instances and run the same few missions youve already run in the hopes of getting good enough drops to get to GM3, but at a much harder difficulty, but for seemingly the same weighted loot as in GM1. THEN you get to get into GM3 where (if youre lucky enough to find a group, the funniest thing Ive seen so far on this is someone saying GM3 was for premade group only. Thats rich, I didnt have issues last week) you get to grind the same three instances and run the same few missions youve already run... to get the best gear.... for why exactly?

Message 4 of 27 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

If you are still playing this game, you could be classified as insane

to each their own. I’m still having fun. At any rate, I’d argue it has more value than hanging around a forum for a game I don’t play.

@buddahcjcc that’s why May concerns me. If the cataclysm gets here and it is a big fat nothing, there will be another mass wave of departures, including me, I suppose.

Message 5 of 27 (434 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Banfilidh wrote:

Dude, if there were 1000 posts on reddit 90% were about loot. So, yes, the community is very much together on that. And what don't you understand about inscriptions? We arent just chasing loot, we are chasing inscriptions, which means players wont be leaving once they get full legendary. 

Message 6 of 27 (419 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@allentissot wrote:

@Banfilidh wrote:

Dude, if there were 1000 posts on reddit 90% were about loot. So, yes, the community is very much together on that. And what don't you understand about inscriptions? We arent just chasing loot, we are chasing inscriptions, which means players wont be leaving once they get full legendary. 

You make a baseless assumption that the majority of the community are on Reddit. Even if you suppose that it reflects a slice of the population the numbers still don't add up to the figure you quote as wanting the loot drop rate to be as it was during the bug.

I would also point out that kids will make themselves sick on too much candy, the same applies here. Having the drop rate too high would be just as bad for the game as having it too low.

I agree that if the inscriptions stay as inadequate as they are now then the Legendary drop rate should be increased but nowhere near the increase you seem to be asking for.

I have seen in many games players getting OP weapons or access to more loot than the Devs intended, then you see the crying in the forums about the nerfs, it doesn't mean that the nerfs should be rolled back, it just means the kids want to gorge on more candy. 

There needs to be a balance but its never going to please everyone.

Message 7 of 27 (408 Views)

★ Guide

@Banfilidh 

I dont know about that. Simply getting a legendary doesnt mean much right now considering how difficult it is to find the one you want with the rolls you want.

I've lost count on how many legendaries I've gotten since my last upgrade that hasn't been a duplicate or for a javelin I literally have never played. For example, the legendary I just got in between this reply is a duplicate Vanguard Emblem with double overheat delay rolls. So totally worthless. There are 12 different colossus items I've never seen as a legendary.

Obviously there is a massive gap between never seeing something and getting constant legendaries with perfect rolls. But I think you would agree the current situation is problematic, and I think even more so that their incremental approach to improving loot has been largely ineffective. People care about how the loot system feels, and right now it just feels bad. 

Message 8 of 27 (401 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@allentissot wrote:

@Banfilidh wrote:

You make a baseless assumption that the majority of the community are on Reddit.

Except the number one reason defenders use to explain why the devs dont post thigs here first is because theres "more ppl on Reddit/Twitter" than the forums

Message 9 of 27 (388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@allentissot wrote:

@Banfilidh wrote:

Read what I said again. Yes pretty much everybody wanted more loot. I acknowledged that. @allentissot but your solution was not the right one, imo.

Message 10 of 27 (380 Views)
Twitter Stream

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help