Re: The most embarrassing way You've died?

by KelRiever

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Got a few:

Last night: random jumpmaster jumps very late to go on the Salvage rig where Skull Town used to be. Seeing the imminent death, I split away in the last second to head to the Broken Coast secret station. I fly around the crane like a top gun ace, make a few hard turns so I can have the right angle to get on the small platform, see it and the next second... I hit one of the old Skull town huts that was lying at the bottom of the coast and die. Funny thing is that my teammates were already dead at this point, and I was the champion of the arena...

A few nights ago, while playing with @Fr3dY2 : We fight another team inside the tunnel east of artillery. I headshot the enemy Bloodhound with the Mastiff and, just as I'm trying to switch to the R99 to end his misery, I accidentally throw Loba's relocation bracelet straight at him and teleport with my head right in his barrel. He thanked me with some crouch spamming before deathboxing me.

In the first night of Season 5, with @Fr3dY2 and @EryxApex: We plan to drop on the supply ship. I think Eryx misses the landing or is pushed away by that damn bug and lands somewhere in Swamps in the middle of some sweats and gets finished before getting a weapon. We speedloot the supply ship and rush out to rescue our downed teammate before we get too far. Fr3dy2 jumps, then I jump, only to realize the supply ship was pretty far off the new Offshore Rig. Almost choked while trying to not laugh and wake up the whole house.

Oh, and a honorable mention, which @EryxApex told me not to tell anyone, so I'm writing it Standard smile:We land with another team at Bloodhound's Trials, we defeat them and proceed to start the Trials. Round 1 - easy, Round 2 - easy, Round 3 - oops, apparently we all forgot to heal and ammo up... Prowlers need to eat something too, no? Like an entire squad Standard smile

Message 21 of 29 (407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@DoYaSeeMe wrote:

In the first night of Season 5, with @Fr3dY2 and @EryxApex: We plan to drop on the supply ship. I think Eryx misses the landing or is pushed away by that damn bug and lands somewhere in Swamps in the middle of some sweats and gets finished before getting a weapon. We speedloot the supply ship and rush out to rescue our downed teammate before we get too far. Fr3dy2 jumps, then I jump, only to realize the supply ship was pretty far off the new Offshore Rig. Almost choked while trying to not laugh and wake up the whole house.

Lemming squad rulez!! :D

But I think it was way before Season 05... although my memory is not something you can really trust lol

Message 22 of 29 (380 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Man, i sometimes block the door with caustic barrel and end up accidentally trapping myself inside right before ring closes, then die when zone comes

Message 23 of 29 (353 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Believe me every time I die it is fing embarrassing.
Nowadays I am trying the wolf thot and her tactical gave me some not so funny surprises. And once it bugged and get me killed....

Message 24 of 29 (331 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I will be honest, noob to actually to fps games. Love apex so much, but im not so big brain ahaha. Was during Kings canyon during the late season 4 rotations. i was playing with some discord homies chillin. i was in the ZONE for the final fight. gold shield, fully kitted PK, high hopes. There were 3 squads left and i felt so confident bc i had like a couple kills. ring was in relay and about 3 squads left. i slid by the waterfall and fall to my death and then ring closed so.....whoop de doo lmaoo. friends would not stop laughing pfft. still in good spirits about it tho. happy im better since then loll 

Message 25 of 29 (314 Views)

★ Expert

Last night it was 1 v 3 with only two squads. My squad survived an intense battle on the new rig where they are excavating the giant skull. We were poised and ready for victory ... only during the fight the ring had come in and blocked our way off of the rig. As the ring closed we tried to move on but all three of us died within seconds.

Cut to The Champion ... they had fallen off the cliff but had had a lucky landing (happened to me once) but no way of getting back up. Flukeist win ever Standard smile

Message 26 of 29 (291 Views)

Champion
@EdwardDLuffy We need videos of one like this people!

Do people remember when you could go down below the old relay, but unless you were wraith and path you couldnt get out? I once won a match because the very last team was stuck there. 😂
Message 27 of 29 (276 Views)

★★★★ Guide

fell off a cliff when trying to loot a care package Frown

Message 28 of 29 (271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

So many games played, but one stands out in the hundreds...

...back when there was a hydrodam area, that structure on a high rocky island over the falls at the edge of the map, ended up in an opening game battle there with another team.  Just like in every bad firefight, everyone is staggering into the battle one by one, all in that tiny area.

As the first person fighting, I misjudged, fell of the edge, and landed on some outcropping where I couldn't climb back up (or it just was so hard that it wasn't getting figured out anytime soon). I'm down, bleeding out, above me there's another fight.  My buddy puts the last hit on the guy I warmed up, and then he goes and decides to revive me.  No one's on mic so I can't even tell him not to.  Down he goes, revives me, and now we're both stuck there.

Next enemy comes over, sees us down below. Pops us both, but before he can finish us, yes, our third teammate comes over, and kills him.  Jumps down, revives us.  All three of us end up being mercy killed, thankfully, while we're trying to jump our way back to the top by the third member of the enemy team.

I mean, it was an improv comedy scene.

Message 29 of 29 (237 Views)