Betreff: The games you played through for countless times, but you still find fa

by Holger1405

Original Post

The games you played through for countless times, but you still find fantastic!

For me, all "Baldur's gate" and "Neverwinter Nights" games are played countless of times. My Baldur's gate 1 cd's are worn out because of this... Party hat

I played it with all possible characters and allies with different possible storylines.

Morowind the same...

God, my heart still goes warm if I think of these games. Large smile

Message 1 of 84 (1,211 Views)

Re: The games you played through for countless times, but you still find fantast

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

For me those would be Baldur's Gate 2 and Diablo (1, 2, 3) - played through those games tons of times!

When thinking back about BG 1 & 2, I think my nostalgia prefers BG 1 as it introduced me to the series. I've also played that a whole lot, but in the end I liked BG 2 more because you could "do more" because your characters reached proper levels of power.

Message 2 of 84 (1,203 Views)

Betreff: The games you played through for countless times, but you still find fa

[ Edited ]

@DarkBanishing

Thumbs up for Baldur's Gate! OK Baldur's Gate 2 to be precise.  I play it at least one time a year since it came out.  The same goes for ME3. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 84 (1,195 Views)

Fallout 1/2, Baldur's Gate series, Neverwinter nights series, Might and Magic RPG's VI-VIII, Tropico series (the fifth installment not included - good ideas, poor execution), Sim City series, the Impression Games city builders, Master of Orion 2, Star Trek: Birth of the Federation (though it's a pain in the arse to make it work on Win Vista - 10), Alpha Protocol (vastly underrated game with one of the best choices and consequences system ever created), Dragon Age 1 and 2, Mass Effect 1/2, Europa 1400 (aka The Guild), Ace Combat (the newest ones, not really), Valkyria Chronicles (played on PS3 and now on PC, another underrated game), Binary Domain (another hidden gem, with quite a few endings and a superb cyberpunk atmosphere), Ultima series (yes, i still play them from time to time), Civilization 3-5 (i wish i still have my Civilization Chronicles discs, as that collection had Civilization 1/2 that would work on a Windows Vista OS - sadly i've lost a lot of my CD/DVD collection in one of my many moving, some of the stuff being collector's editions - and yes that was the inssurance that covered the loss, but ffs, many of those titles were out of print or collector's items, so they couldn't be replaced)

As you can see, plenty of old games for me. Replayability was a trademark of the nineties and early 2000's. In our days people just move to the next game, which says a lot about the quality. I've noticed some companies that are supporting their games for quite a few years with meaningful expansions, but the big companies are not doing that anymore. Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4 are doing great because of that policy. And you can ignore the cosmetic DLC's, if you don't want to pay more. Pillars of Eternity had a 3 years support, with two decent expansions. Same goes for Witcher 3. people tend to notice that kind of stuff. A well-supported product can become a major success that would bring more money for the devs. The traditional marketing is clearly on its way out. Gamers tend to believe more user reviews, word of mouth provides better advertising than an expensive marketing campaign (i will point here Stardew Valley, a indie game developed by one person that sold fast over 1 million copies and most of the advertising was through word of mouth, until the gaming sites actually noticed that there is this little game sells like cake and review it, increasing its visibility even more). Bottom line: if you have a really good product and if you support it for a long time, you are bound to make a healthy profit. Right now, EA has this potential good product named ME:Andromeda. I can only hope that people at top won't see it as a failure and will decide to support it for quite some time, without giving to the customer the feeling that he's being milked (like Square did with Deus Ex Mankind Divided, saldy).

Ah, hell...got carried away again. So easy to do that when i am talking about my favorite hobbiesStandard smile

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 84 (1,187 Views)

The games you played through for countless times, but you still find fantastic!

@ivrognard

Yes, I can follow you completely on that one. I have the same feelings concerning older games. It's the "throw it away if you don't like it" attitude of nowadays that ruins the development of games with rich storylines. Younger gamers are laughing in my face if I say I still play those games until they play it themselves... Wink

Message 5 of 84 (1,177 Views)

Re: The games you played through for countless times, but you still find fantast

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing @ivrognard @Holger1405

It's great to see that we're all fans of Baldur's Gate! I actually listen to the soundtrack quite often when writing things up at work - taking out all the combat parts, it's a really relaxing playlist.

@ivrognard

That's a very long but also magnificent list of games you named there.. Standard smile

Message 6 of 84 (1,165 Views)

@Straatford87, @ivrognard, @Holger1405

I'm homesick.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor baldur's gate

Aaaah, Candlekeep.

Large smile

Message 7 of 84 (1,147 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

This is one of my all-time favorites:

Message 8 of 84 (1,144 Views)

@Straatford87

Do you feel it itching?

This game deserves to be a religion. WinkThumbs up

I want to be a palladin of the church!!!! Large smile

Message 9 of 84 (1,142 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

Haha - yeah I was going to mention that already yesterday that I feel the itch again Standard smile

I was actually thinking of playing it co-op with my wife (we already played Divinity: Origin Sin together.. awesome!), have you ever tried playing the BG games with other players?

Message 10 of 84 (1,137 Views)