The fraud that is NFS:NL

by leaderone_gr

Original Post

Re: The fraud that is NFS:NL

★★★ Apprentice

I have recorded several videos showing that the game behavior is reproducible and it happens ALL THE TIME. I'm forwarding the videos to the CDCA to provide evidence for the complaint. The videos are done by recording the screen in original resolution so they are very big. But I compressed one that will show you that there is no "luck". I can only imagine that your experience (TheRealJony) is different because you are playing on IOS; but since you seem to believe that what I'm saying is not true, please review the following video:

https://vimeo.com/153070487

This video shows the problem with the game's honesty. For those that don't want to spend a few minutes seeing it, goes as follow: I started the game, did a save, went to the loading docks to get one classic crate. I got the mazda blueprints. Fine. Then... I downloaded my saved game again, and went to the loading docks... you can see the video! In 5 different times, with different wait times to click the crate, I got the same mazda blueprints. EVERY TIME!

5 times in these conditions (different wait times, different prizes in the rolling marquee, even different actual time if you consider the clock for random seeding) resulting in the same prize is clearly unacceptable as a game of chance.

You can argue that loading a save game could trigger some sort of "prize freezing" that produces this result. But since I don't have access to the code, I can only go by the evidence I gather. I asked others in this forum to go ahead and test. You did your testing and it didn't happened for you. Well, It happens for me, it is consistent, it can be reproduced and IT HAS BEEN CAPTURED ON VIDEO.

If you (TheRealJony) cannot accept that this is not OK, then I don't know what do you want for proof.

Message 21 of 51 (823 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I'm on IOS. The game is definitely rigged. I can't believe that one of us can get a different result otherwise. I gave the game one star the moment i discovered it was rigged. Discovered it pretty much the same way as you guys when I downloaded and re-raced.
Message 22 of 51 (804 Views)

@leaderone_gr If you show a video for proof, then I got to believe it as it's the truth. Wink

I didn't try doing it for the five free crates, but I'll do it as well.

At least since we know the rewards are pre-determined, we can now blame the game for trolling us and not ourselves for choosing the wrong reward card. lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 23 of 51 (762 Views)

★ Guide

So I just got back from Brussels and my contact at the FTC is also in Brussels this week so won't be able to respond until next week when they get back to DC.

Message 24 of 51 (749 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The video is very convincing. There is no chance in this game. Everything is pre-determined. I was trying to watch the shuffle and make a guess. Now, I will just do a random selection.

What's the point if what you get is FIXED!

Message 25 of 51 (713 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I have had my suspicions because there have been times when I needed one item or a certain part or blueprint and cannot get it.
Message 26 of 51 (703 Views)

★ Guide
Something else I've noticed almost since day 1 is sometimes there will be a purple part on offer and you go for it and get Visual points or something else, however you still get the flashy sweep over the item that you'd get when you normally get a purple item. I think the game had placed the purple item where I pick it and then MOVED it but didn't tell the effect routine not to play.
Message 27 of 51 (693 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Actually same thing happened to me today (It is 2 o clock in Turkey right now) I needed a gasket to upgrade my IMPREZA WRX STI to PR 581 but I needed to play chance games I tried 7-8 times but nothing actually happened.Tecnically the game must  give me the gasket after trying 4 times but it didnt

Message 28 of 51 (677 Views)

★ Apprentice

... just thinking ...

Do i get it right? The developers are getting blamed cause the game is not giving random parts on that draw game after races - WHILE savegame is reloaded over and over again until the part gets dropped which is the wanted one?^^

That would be the very last part in the game i would blame the developers on... Don't get me wrong - some people here seem to test over and over again reloading savegames (lol, sorry,  what does THAT have to do with luck?) Did those people test something else, something like "how many times do you have to select the same "card" until you get the part wanted" - statistically - without using the reload savegame "trick"?

Lets see the facts:

• the game does show 3 possible parts the player might get (usually 1 = Money, 2 = Material, 3 =Blueprint -or- a different Material)

• a forth part (visual points) is added to the three above (4 = Visual Points)

Therefore the player will have a -statistically - 1 out of 4 chance to get one of the four parts (1, 2, 3 or 4)

I did test over weeks now: If you ALWAYS select the rightmost "card" you definately get the wanted (1 out of 3 / 1 out of 4) part on every - statistically - 4th try! Always!

Example:

• Underground 10-4

• I would like to get the "Porsche 911(991) blueprint

• Parts are: 1 = Money, 2 = Valve, 3 = Blueprint (and 4 = Visual Points)

• If you ALWAYS select the rightmost "card", you will get the 3 = Blueprint not later than every 4th try - which is the exactly the random medium.

... just thinking ...

Message 29 of 51 (644 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Please read Paladin's post to understand what is wrong with presenting the results as a game of chance or as a game of skills; here in USA it's mostly illegal to represent one as the other. Do you realize that what you said amounts to ask the player for gold (that costs money) to get a 4th try? I'm at level 80 now, VIP 4, invested money in in-apps and in order to run a race more than 3 times I have to pay gold for it. If you have the option to run 4 times the same race within the timeframe (8 to 12 hours) then we are not playing the same game
Message 30 of 51 (640 Views)