by ragnarokfps

Original Post

Re: The disgust from devs toward players is thick

★★ Guide

@RoninJed wrote:

@ragnarokfps wrote:

@RoninJed wrote:

@ragnarokfps wrote:

All you need do is watch the live stream today (April 23rd). Pay close attention to the dev's reaction toward the player's comments. It's nothing short of ill-concealed contempt

If the devs don't like this game and what they've done to it, they should quit. I'm sure EA will continue to try and milk whatever money they still can from this game. 

Well how are they supposed to respond when people are constantly ripping on them in the stream. You are acting like the comments were all nice asking questions and making requests. All I saw was were people saying things like "is this all".."you guys are a joke".. "your game sucks" and of course "the game is dead" over and over. 

I've seen all the developer live streams on Twitch. You can too, they've saved them on their official Anthem Twitch channel. Look at the dates of the streams before you watch them and pay attention to both the player's comments in chat and the developer's reaction toward them. We weren't always like the April 23rd stream. When a developer continuously misses the mark and fails to communicate to the standard set by the industry, of course they'll be frustrated. That doesn't matter though. Anyone who has ever worked in customer service, the food service industry, or in any other kind of customer-facing job, they know the customer is always right. Even if the customer is loud and obnoxious. They are being that way for a reason. People aren't completely unreasonable. 

Dude...there are people who have done nothing but complain since this game released. So there's no need to go back and watch. This is what I got from your comment here..

"When a developer continuously misses the mark and fails to communicate to the standard set by ME/US (the upset people you're speaking for), of course we will be frustrated."

Also your comment here..

Anyone who has ever worked in customer service, the food service industry, or in any other kind of customer-facing job, they know the customer is always right.

That phrase started in 1909 and only took till 1914 for people to realize it isnt true. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_customer_is_always_right

Just from 15 years of my personal experience dealing with customer I too know its not true hehe. Here is just one of many articles you can find by googling..the customer is not always right.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.entrepreneur.com/amphtml/308548

Your wiki quote doesnt prove the fact wrong. The main point is, if you thing, the customer  is wrong, then its basically your problem, not the problem of the customer, cause the customer will no longer be your customer if you think you can tell him, he is wrong.

Message 21 of 55 (331 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Anyone who has actually worked in customer service, retail, or any other customer-facing role, knows that many customers will push to get as much as they can get away with, while all but physically abusing the staff, simply because they know they can. They’ll use the product or service, consume or ruin it, then make a huge fuss trying to act like they are not satisfied, hoping that you’ll give them their money back (or even add a bonus on top) simply to get them to shut up and finally leave.

Smaller businesses often recognize that some people are simply not worth the headache of having to deal with. For larger companies, the service workers are trained to act as if the customer is always right, simply because treating them like they deserve is bad PR. That doesn’t mean that the customer is actually always right, that’s not true and has never been true. As a rule, most customers tend to be wrong, clueless, and often deliberately full of ****.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 22 of 55 (306 Views)

★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

Anyone who has actually worked in customer service, retail, or any other customer-facing role, knows that many customers will push to get as much as they can get away with, while all but physically abusing the staff, simply because they know they can. They’ll use the product or service, consume or ruin it, then make a huge fuss trying to act like they are not satisfied, hoping that you’ll give them their money back (or even add a bonus on top) simply to get them to shut up and finally leave.

Smaller businesses often recognize that some people are simply not worth the headache of having to deal with. For larger companies, the service workers are trained to act as if the customer is always right, simply because treating them like they deserve is bad PR. That doesn’t mean that the customer is actually always right, that’s not true and has never been true. As a rule, most customers tend to be wrong, clueless, and often deliberately full of ****.

And the customers are still always right. Has nothing to do with demands. And if you have a lot of customers like that, then your service and/or product is just trash. Ppl don’t call the customer service to get some penny’s.

It has been ever true. Everyone who thought, customers are not right doesn’t make any money any more. Ppl like you never owned a successful business Wink

Message 23 of 55 (299 Views)

Champion

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@cake404 wrote:

And the customers are still always right. Has nothing to do with demands. And if you have a lot of customers like that, then your service and/or product is just trash. Ppl don’t call the customer service to get some penny’s.

It has been ever true. Everyone who thought, customers are not right doesn’t make any money any more. Ppl like you never owned a successful business Wink

You don't seem to have worked with customers face to face.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 24 of 55 (296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

• @frauzet wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@cake404 wrote:

You don't seem to have worked with customers face to face.

I do every day, but due to the fact, I making a great job and deliver perfect service, they always like to see me. That’s the difference.

Message 25 of 55 (293 Views)

Champion

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

I do every day, but due to the fact, I making a great job and deliver perfect service, they always like to see me. That’s the difference.

So, assuming you're telling the truth, because why would anyone who calls everyone else a liar lie, it's not that you're unable to communicate in a civil way but you deliberately choose not to do so.

I think that's worse in my book.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 26 of 55 (283 Views)

★★★ Guide

I saw some of that and then devs who've been broken and forced to play dumb and ignore the clear issues in the game and act as if everything is more or less OK.

Message 27 of 55 (253 Views)

★★ Guide

@frauzet wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

So, assuming you're telling the truth, because why would anyone who calls everyone else a liar lie, it's not that you're unable to communicate in a civil way but you deliberately choose not to do so.

I think that's worse in my book.

I would never accept such unprofessional products/service from employees and I would never deliver it to my customers. We already talked serious and constructive enough about all issues which BW simply go over. So sorry I’m not sorry for not being polite to ppl who try to defend unacceptable, unprofessional and incorrect products and want to show them in a better light so other ppl got betrayed as well. Hope you got it.

And to be constructive at this point. If you made a failure, fair enough. Get in touch with your customer, be transparent, especially on the main pain point which is the loot. I’m pretty sure if BW had said what exactly they think how to solve the problem and DISCUSS that with the community (that means communicate in both directions, asking, debate) and then make a clear timeline, no one would ever be on the hate train. But who believe them anything since they make what they want whenever they want. You know what is the big thing in TD2? They don’t lough about crappy loot and avoid talking about major issues. That’s professional work, this is what I expect.

Message 28 of 55 (246 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

They have previously stated, way before that livestream, that they are aware that loot is an issue, but would need to implement various systems in order to fix it, and anticipate that it will be an ongoing process over the course of the next several months. Spamming FIX THE LOOT during the livestream doesn’t help anyone fix anything.

We can already propose various solutions to the loot issue on these forums, and debate over it. Just because they don’t engage with the players directly doesn’t mean they don’t monitor player feedback. Also, from what I hear, during the livestream they mentioned that they’re planning to set up a test server, and integrate additional channels for collecting feedback into the game.

So they’re on it. They may not be going about it in the same way you would, but they’re on it.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 29 of 55 (222 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I missed it,is it on you tube? 

Message 30 of 55 (178 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help