Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

The disgust from devs toward players is thick

by ragnarokfps

Original Post

Re: The disgust from devs toward players is thick

★★★★ Apprentice

@Cyphronite wrote:

@Ticklepink68 wrote:

what I find mildly amusing is that in the entire history of their twitch streams showing game play I don't think I have seen a Lego drop..Has it actually ever happened? And yes. legit questions were asked..but they were buried by other chat. Delaying Mastery system among many other things was the last nail in the coffin for me and my friends.

That’s the the concept of rarity for you. It means not often

Yes, you keep singing this tune. It will catch on some day. Here's the truth though.

Destiny 2 has exotics, these are considered rare drops. Guess what, they max out at the same power as purple gear, but offer various unique bonuses that make them more desirable than purple gear.

Division 2 has exotics and gearset items. These are considered rare drops and max out at the same power level as high end gear. The unique bonuses and gearset talents are currently weak and that is quite ok. A balancing patch or a full rework will take care of this. 

See a pattern yet? Anthem has no rare drops. Legendary items carry increased power scaling, and are therefore superior to masterwork gear. What would qualify them as rare drops would be if masterwork gear dropped at 75 power but had no additional perks. This way you could get a masterwork defender at 75 power and the rare version would be the legendary divine vengeance at 75 power which has a perk that 3 critical hits procs an explosion. If this were the case you would be right. This isn't the case though so guess what you are?

Clearly they have issues figuring out the simple elements of a loot system design. As a result they are in the market for a lead. Hint, don't bother applying, there is no chance you get that job

Message 11 of 55 (467 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@cake404 wrote:

But what should they do if they love what they’ve done and spent the last several months on, but the players don’t give two ****s about any of it, only care about loot with gamebreaking godrolls, and seem determined to hound Bioware to the grave and beyond over it?

Nobody at BioWare truly loves what this game has become. They released it hoping players would accept it based on nostalgia for the BioWare brand but they know this game is nowhere near where it needed to be at release. Nobody will admit to that at this point but that's where it is at. You can take that to the bank.

Also, if gamebreaking godrolls exist, all it show is the ineptitude of the developers to balance the rolls. Nothing about gamebreaking godrolls says that players are at fault.

Message 12 of 55 (459 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@ragnarokfps wrote:

All you need do is watch the live stream today (April 23rd). Pay close attention to the dev's reaction toward the player's comments. It's nothing short of ill-concealed contempt

If the devs don't like this game and what they've done to it, they should quit. I'm sure EA will continue to try and milk whatever money they still can from this game. 

Well how are they supposed to respond when people are constantly ripping on them in the stream. You are acting like the comments were all nice asking questions and making requests. All I saw was were people saying things like "is this all".."you guys are a joke".. "your game sucks" and of course "the game is dead" over and over. 

Message 13 of 55 (455 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@ragnarokfps wrote:

All you need do is watch the live stream today (April 23rd). Pay close attention to the dev's reaction toward the player's comments. It's nothing short of ill-concealed contempt

If the devs don't like this game and what they've done to it, they should quit. I'm sure EA will continue to try and milk whatever money they still can from this game. 

Yea? I felt about the same way when looking at the player comments... What's your point? Kinda like all these threads... 

Farking drama queens… 

Message 14 of 55 (440 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Jackz2kxx wrote:

@cake404 wrote:

But what should they do if they love what they’ve done and spent the last several months on, but the players don’t give two ****s about any of it, only care about loot with gamebreaking godrolls, and seem determined to hound Bioware to the grave and beyond over it?

Nobody at BioWare truly loves what this game has become. They released it hoping players would accept it based on nostalgia for the BioWare brand but they know this game is nowhere near where it needed to be at release. Nobody will admit to that at this point but that's where it is at. You can take that to the bank.

Also, if gamebreaking godrolls exist, all it show is the ineptitude of the developers to balance the rolls. Nothing about gamebreaking godrolls says that players are at fault.

All those people who I knew of that actually had "God rolls"(like all 4 stats) on weapons don't play anymore.

Message 15 of 55 (407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@RoninJed wrote:

@ragnarokfps wrote:

Well how are they supposed to respond when people are constantly ripping on them in the stream. You are acting like the comments were all nice asking questions and making requests. All I saw was were people saying things like "is this all".."you guys are a joke".. "your game sucks" and of course "the game is dead" over and over. 

I've seen all the developer live streams on Twitch. You can too, they've saved them on their official Anthem Twitch channel. Look at the dates of the streams before you watch them and pay attention to both the player's comments in chat and the developer's reaction toward them. We weren't always like the April 23rd stream. When a developer continuously misses the mark and fails to communicate to the standard set by the industry, of course they'll be frustrated. That doesn't matter though. Anyone who has ever worked in customer service, the food service industry, or in any other kind of customer-facing job, they know the customer is always right. Even if the customer is loud and obnoxious. They are being that way for a reason. People aren't completely unreasonable. 

Message 16 of 55 (406 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@TallBear wrote:

I have a 690 legendary storm with 5 legendary pieces. I never got 1 of them from strongholds.. only from random drops doing legendary contracts

Am I missing something with Legendary Contracts?  Aren't they suppose to be difficult, requiring more than one player?  If so, like why is the matching system sending me on Legendary Contracts solo?  My Ranger died on the second phase of it, and all my progress on that part was reset.  I aborted the mission.

Message 17 of 55 (381 Views)

★★ Guide

@Ticklepink68 wrote:

@Jackz2kxx wrote:

@cake404 wrote:

All those people who I knew of that actually had "God rolls"(like all 4 stats) on weapons don't play anymore.

Which is basically no one. Yes right, i know.

Message 18 of 55 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@ComeWithMeKitty 

I always solo those now because i can do some gathering and stuff and not rush Standard smile Really it comes down to your gear and what you are using.

Message 19 of 55 (316 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@ragnarokfps wrote:

@RoninJed wrote:

@ragnarokfps wrote:

I've seen all the developer live streams on Twitch. You can too, they've saved them on their official Anthem Twitch channel. Look at the dates of the streams before you watch them and pay attention to both the player's comments in chat and the developer's reaction toward them. We weren't always like the April 23rd stream. When a developer continuously misses the mark and fails to communicate to the standard set by the industry, of course they'll be frustrated. That doesn't matter though. Anyone who has ever worked in customer service, the food service industry, or in any other kind of customer-facing job, they know the customer is always right. Even if the customer is loud and obnoxious. They are being that way for a reason. People aren't completely unreasonable. 

Dude...there are people who have done nothing but complain since this game released. So there's no need to go back and watch. This is what I got from your comment here..

"When a developer continuously misses the mark and fails to communicate to the standard set by ME/US (the upset people you're speaking for), of course we will be frustrated."

Also your comment here..

Anyone who has ever worked in customer service, the food service industry, or in any other kind of customer-facing job, they know the customer is always right.

That phrase started in 1909 and only took till 1914 for people to realize it isnt true. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_customer_is_always_right

Just from 15 years of my personal experience dealing with customer I too know its not true hehe. Here is just one of many articles you can find by googling..the customer is not always right.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.entrepreneur.com/amphtml/308548

Message 20 of 55 (315 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help