Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: The disgust from devs toward players is thick

by EfilsGod

Original Post

@MrMicky21 wrote:

I missed it,is it on you tube? 

Haven't seen a YouTube copy, though there may be one.

It's on Twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/415394336

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 31 of 55 (319 Views)

★★ Guide
Doesn't anyone want to talk about level design?
Message 32 of 55 (274 Views)

@ragnarokfps wrote:
Doesn't anyone want to talk about level design?

Level design is worth talking about. Just not as a way to launch a Stronghold.

If they want to do a livestream about the design of Anthem's world and Strongholds, sure, I'd watch that because it would be interesting.

But you don't want the Director's commentary before you watch the movie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 33 of 55 (249 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Ishguardian wrote:

@ComeWithMeKitty 

I always solo those now because i can do some gathering and stuff and not rush Standard smile Really it comes down to your gear and what you are using.

That I could do I guess...take the scenic route and just enjoy, but my gear kinda sucks I suppose when I have to nearly rely on prime/blast combos to kill Bandits and their Elites.

Message 34 of 55 (230 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the Twitch link Sofa. By the looks of the raging mob awaiting in the chats while the countdown timer scrolls by, they should have just canceled this stream.

No wonder the Devs got a little edgy. With this mob, no outcome could turn out well.

Message 35 of 55 (223 Views)

★★ Guide

I don’t know if it’s the case but the devs have every reason to feel disgust toward players. Anthem has received a ridiculous amount of over the top hate and disrespect from its player base. And all while players threaten to quit the game and never comes back they also hold entitled expectations that Bioware never stop supporting this game, while simultaneously cheering on its demise.

Message 36 of 55 (202 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

I don’t know if it’s the case but the devs have every reason to feel disgust toward players. Anthem has received a ridiculous amount of over the top hate and disrespect from its player base. And all while players threaten to quit the game and never comes back they also hold entitled expectations that Bioware never stop supporting this game, while simultaneously cheering on its demise.

On what planet is it fully reasonable for someone to launch a poor product and then be upset with their consumers for voicing their opinions?

Get a grip, those people are not slaves and there isn't a gun to their head forcing them to host the stream. If they want to receive praise they will deliver on what was promised, communicate clearly, and stop making excuses.

I can't shed a single tear of empathy for the 'poor devs' getting what they deserve for releasing this and failing to make any meaningful progress on fixing it.

Message 37 of 55 (176 Views)

@ComeWithMeKitty wrote:

... By the looks of the raging mob awaiting in the chats while the countdown timer scrolls by, they should have just canceled this stream.

No wonder the Devs got a little edgy. With this mob, no outcome could turn out well.

I saw the chat 2 hours ahead of the start as people were rolling in discussing spamming and disrupting the stream. It was brutal already at that point.

After the previous stream had been canceled due to the cut cable I don't see how there was any choice but to proceed.

Message 38 of 55 (165 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@ComeWithMeKitty wrote:

... By the looks of the raging mob awaiting in the chats while the countdown timer scrolls by, they should have just canceled this stream.

I saw the chat 2 hours ahead of the start as people were rolling in discussing spamming and disrupting the stream. It was brutal already at that point.

After the previous stream had been canceled due to the cut cable I don't see how there was any choice but to proceed.

I'm fairly certain they are trying to bury this game at this point.  Why put the resources in to fix this dumpster fire they obviously don't have any idea how to put out?

Message 39 of 55 (139 Views)

Champion

The dumpster fire isn’t the game, it’s the “community.” Unfortunately, burying the community is not an option, so they’ll have to fix the game with a million backseat drivers telling them how to do it.

@donotwantt wrote:

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

On what planet is it fully reasonable for someone to launch a poor product and then be upset with their consumers for voicing their opinions?

Get a grip, those people are not slaves and there isn't a gun to their head forcing them to host the stream. If they want to receive praise they will deliver on what was promised, communicate clearly, and stop making excuses.

I can't shed a single tear of empathy for the 'poor devs' getting what they deserve for releasing this and failing to make any meaningful progress on fixing it.

On what planet do you live on where doing your job is optional and you can just choose not to and walk away?

And nobody is saying there should be nothing but praise for the developers, but you can give credit where credit is due, and be civil about pointing out the issues. The game is not a total trainwreck, and they are making progress on improving it, even if it isn’t as fast as you might hope. Throwing tantrums on the forums trying to make it seem like this game is in some indie pre-alpha state doesn’t help or motivate anyone to communicate with you or work faster.

Especially when people rarely provide viable solutions for fixing the game, or provide necessary information to reproduce the issues they experience. That’s like calling a doctor about a headache but refusing to elaborate or come into the office, going “it’s your job to fix it and it’s not my job to help you! I’m paying insurance for this!” Not to mention the cases where people experience technical issues on their end and blame the game for it.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 40 of 55 (122 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help