Re: The dialogue system is bad and it's pushing me away from the game

by Rand207

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@Vellu78 wrote:

Two ways they could improve this.

1) Have participants in a certain dialog "warp" in place. Works for cut-scene dialogue, but not random dialogue in the world.

2) Ignore the range, so we can hear what everyone is saying. Immersion breaking but better than what we have now.

Yeah, or pre-record cutscenes as it used to be and then just use play-back when triggered. Because sound/ audio is not there. Also music is almost non-existent in cutscenes. ://

Also, they could work on overlapping dialogues. Sometimes you can hear 2-3 lines at once LOL

Message 31 of 46 (699 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@nexusmagoo wrote:

I have to say i do miss the paragon/renegade options from the old game and I get that bioware is trying something new.. I'm generally a paragon player but the main issue I have is that most of the options are be really nice,slightly less nice or sarcastic... there no renegade/be a complete * option. Hopefully as others have said is that they keep this in mind for other game/dlc.. I do still however enjoy the game but have the option for being good or bad per say makes a playthrough seem more unique and emmersive 

Me too, i enjoy the game as it is, not necessarily needing Paragon/Renegade. Besides, ME:A has lots and lots of dialogues, I assume it would take even more budget to write/ act/ animate separately each character's reaction/ behavior for Paragon and another round for Renegade choices.

Maybe as you mentioned, next game. "Maybe". Because it's waay more dialogue to be written and performed, unless they have enough budget to spend on. Otherwise could be done by reducing content, make game shorter...which we will not like either Standard smile

Message 32 of 46 (697 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

i'm concerned that there's no longer a bioware forum, as you can't have a useful discussion on twitter... and it seemed poorly organized last time i've used it (been a long while i admit). so i feel bioware isn't in a position to hear the feedback from their fan base, even if they wanted too. under the current circumstances i don't see the current bioware catering to the fan-base anymore, i just don't think it's possible given the current setup bioware has created.

so, i'm not really hopeful for improvements based on player feedback. *sigh*

Message 33 of 46 (683 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Neither am I. When Bioware closes boards, well, I am at a loss. This is a company that new it's fans on a first name basis in some cases. Built up online and face to face relationships through boards, chats, and conventions for almost 2 decades. Let's face it, old Bio is really gone. Good luck with a response from their recommended methods.Tech Support: Dragon Age, Mass Effect
Twitter: BioWare, Dragon Age, Mass Effect
Facebook: BioWare, Dragon Age, Mass Effect
YouTube: BioWare, Dragon Age, Mass Effect
General Inquiries: [edit: email address removed]

Unless you know the @bioware address of the specific person you would like to reach, good luck getting a reply that isn't either automated or a generic reply from a marketing intern who didn't realize the "Your input is important to us and will be forwarded to the appropriate department" is all s/he is allowed to say.

The Star Wars: The Old Republic boards are still active. (The only place you might catch someone)

Yeah, the days of Gaider, French, Hudson, the Docs, all gone. Wish Mr. Flynn luck when 1 of their team members installs a mod in a game (or sees one installed) and calls it virtual * (if a coder thinks that is part of the game, without people downloading the same 3rd party mod, which they have to have to play on the same server which allows it, then they have very little video game knowledge). When 40% of your team quits during development, there is obvously a serious fricken issue going on.

They have heard all the suggestions I am sure, and i am sure it makes them sad, angry, both? They can't do a darn thing about it though. Way to late.

Message 34 of 46 (674 Views)

★ Pro

Interestingly there actually is a forum but they somehow forgot to mention it to everybody.

https://forums.ea.com/en/mass-effect/

As you can see it's pretty dead since most people probably don't know it's there.

Message 35 of 46 (663 Views)

★★ Guide

Well, according to a senior moderator:

The forums are still being worked on and some final touches are being put in place. Expect more updates very soon!
For now, feel free to enjoy this "early access/preview" since you found it. The place should see a lot more activity very soon.

LOL!

Message 36 of 46 (660 Views)

★ Pro

@VitesseLumiere wrote:

Well, according to a senior moderator:

The forums are still being worked on and some final touches are being put in place. Expect more updates very soon!
For now, feel free to enjoy this "early access/preview" since you found it. The place should see a lot more activity very soon.

LOL!

lol indeed. I hadn't seen that commentary. Well found!

Message 37 of 46 (654 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@EgoMania wrote:

Interestingly there actually is a forum but they somehow forgot to mention it to everybody.

As you can see it's pretty dead since most people probably don't know it's there.

I really miss the old Bioware forums, used to go there constantly back in the days of Dragon Age Origins.

This forum is a fan run sight and seems to have frequent postings, but whether Bioware  developers actually go there, I have no idea:   http://bsn.boards.net/

This is an official forum site, but it seems basically deserted:    http://www.masseffectforum.com/forums/mass-effect-andromeda.5/

(Don't know why my links aren't posting as links)

Message 38 of 46 (642 Views)

★ Guide

@Rand207 wrote:

@EgoMania wrote:

I really miss the old Bioware forums, used to go there constantly back in the days of Dragon Age Origins.

This forum is a fan run sight and seems to have frequent postings, but whether Bioware  developers actually go there, I have no idea:   http://bsn.boards.net/

This is an official forum site, but it seems basically deserted:    http://www.masseffectforum.com/forums/mass-effect-andromeda.5/

(Don't know why my links aren't posting as links)

I guess they are posted as links, didn't show that way when I was writing it.

Message 39 of 46 (641 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

However it's not just what we've already said, I also hate the camera standing on ryder's shoulder during common dialogues. It's really ugly and ugly point of view during the conversation.

God knows how much i'm missing the good old dialogue sequence/cutscenes in previous MEs ... Bioware, why thee making me suffering this much?

Message 40 of 46 (634 Views)