Re: The death of movement

by TheJumpingJawa

Original Post

The death of movement

★★★ Novice

I’m so excited to q a ranked game just to find every 15 feet is a team hiding for placement truly enjoyable !Need A better system

Message 1 of 12 (582 Views)

★★ Guide

Well, they did say most of ranked was just temporary until they received feedback and then would adjust it from there. So, not like they expected this system to be permanent or stay in place for long. I recommend posting your opinions on Reddit simply because the dev's and team are active there and don't really come here. Mostly just EA works these forums and don't get much answer from Respawn themselves in terms of actual people working on the game.

Message 2 of 12 (559 Views)

★★ Pro
@Fatslobmike they didn't do anything wrong tho, without cheats and bugs, you can play the game however the hell you wanna play it.

I think you need a better teammates / better comms & improves the strategies.
Message 3 of 12 (556 Views)

★★★★ Guide

You're finding teams to fight? What's the issue? 

Message 4 of 12 (549 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you consider hiding the entire game and running away and sitting in a corner “playing”

Message 5 of 12 (545 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Finding a sqaud around every corner is a good thing. I usually can't find anyone after the initial drop till end game. It gets boring. You're lucky you find them every 15 feet

Message 6 of 12 (542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

It's a survival game, not a deathmatch. Hiding and avoiding unnecessary fights is called playing the game correctly. If you're so confident, nobody is stopping you from seeking them out and killing them. I mean, there's even a hero like bloodhound - the perfect tracker - after all. But I bet you're losing those fights when you find them, don't you?

About time you learn that the player that's running like a headless chicken rambo out in the open is NOT a good player (maybe he could be, but not at that moment). That's just some1 way too overconfident or impatient.

Message 7 of 12 (466 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Biochemikas wrote:

It's a survival game, not a deathmatch. Hiding and avoiding unnecessary fights is called playing the game correctly. If you're so confident, nobody is stopping you from seeking them out and killing them. I mean, there's even a hero like bloodhound - the perfect tracker - after all. But I bet you're losing those fights when you find them, don't you?

About time you learn that the player that's running like a headless chicken rambo out in the open is NOT a good player (maybe he could be, but not at that moment). That's just some1 way too overconfident or impatient.

IMO the problem is not hiding vs fighting.

The problem is that fighting announces your location to the rest of the map, so even if you win, you're very likely to be third partied.

Unless you're an order of magnitude more skilled than your opponents, the risk vs reward of fighting simply makes it a sub-optimal strategy, which in turn makes ranked gameplay incredibly tedious.

Message 8 of 12 (386 Views)

★★ Expert

@TheJumpingJawa 

+1

gets pretty crazy once you get into a fight cause 4 other teams are on their way to rack up points!

Heart

Message 9 of 12 (372 Views)

★ Guide

Y’all players that support this are just wussies. Get better at the game and you wouldn’t be so scared to fight. And if the devs really wanted to crack down on this, they’d just make it to were you’re kicked for being afk. And something like that is forsure coming. They already said the ranked system isn’t sticking around in its current state because of feedback, and this a huge part of it. Now if you’re sticking to a certain area but still moving and running around, that’s fine most won’t care. But if you’re hiding in a bush not movin (2-4mins) you’re trash and I can’t wait to find you and ruin your game.

Message 10 of 12 (352 Views)