Re: The damage intake on this game will never make sense to me

by DaDeDimson

Original Post

The damage intake on this game will never make sense to me

★★★ Guide

My game doesn’t lag often, but it’s infuriating to watch as I pump 5-6 shots into someone first and they end up downing me first, with similar shields as me or AFTER I’m behind a wall or door, a bullet still downs me because there was a delay on the bullet hitting me.

I will never understand it and as far as I’m concerned I’m getting hosed out of 3x the amount of kills that I have.

yes I am slightly salty at the moment.

Message 1 of 8 (375 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@DaDeDimson Get gamepad for win!
Message 2 of 8 (344 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DaDeDimson It can be frustrating. The other day i had someone turn around as I was emptying a clip into them & down me with like 2 or 3 Wingman shots! But if roles were reversed, the bullets would slow me down as I turn around & I'd be on the ground!
Message 3 of 8 (319 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@DaDeDimson This game is nowhere near BF3 levels of netcode rage, but it can be ridiculous at times. Empty a full clip into someone's back only to have them turn & insta-knock you. Hear 2 shots from an enemy and your Death Summary says 9 shots for 175 damage & 4 headshots. Yeah, all that happens and it absolutely sucks.
Message 4 of 8 (291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

its some asians with ping 300 playing... but i get killed with singlel clip of 301 from 50+ meters yep that some belivable *... 

Message 5 of 8 (272 Views)

★★★ Guide
@HappyHourSumwur Even with a couple headshots sprinkled in there with over 150+ damage it still feels like you have to pump 1000 bullets into someone just for them to knock you in 3.
Message 6 of 8 (252 Views)

@DaDeDimson I can understand the frusteration with this, especially if it's lag related.

The getting downed despite shooting first can be due to in game mechanics. If they have a fast firing and/or higher DPS gun, even if you get the first shots off you can still get downed first. If they have a teammate near them or there is third partying going on... Then there is projectile speed.

Lots of things can play into why this could happen. The being behind cover is definitely lag though, unless

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 8 (222 Views)

★★★ Guide
@DarthValtrex Oh yeah I always check to see if there was a second person shooting at me too, then it is what it is. But what I’ve mentioned…ugh lol.

Something else that I cannot understand is when my character melees someone when I have a weapon, fully loaded, in my head and I’m pressing down on the action button.

I don’t care what the reason is, that absolutely should never happen as I have a loaded gun in my hand ready to fire, or so I thought.

Update today too: I’ve gotten demoted to gold THREE times in a week, THREE
Message 8 of 8 (172 Views)