Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: The current build state of the game is alpha at best

by TheDarkrayne

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Pro

@sauril77 wrote:

It appears that the early release is more of a stress test and bug finder.  So they can have a day 1 update in place.  I feel bad for everyone that is having issues, but for a few things that have already been acknowledge by the devs, i have not had any major issues and I am ok with having issues so the rest of the players day 1 is better.

This isn’t the case. New problems cropping up this week won’t be in that patch. Most of the fixes in the day 1 patch were implemented weeks ago, they simply couldn’t get them tested and certified for the 15th.

Message 11 of 23 (138 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Oldbuthawt wrote:
Mate... my PC is probably worth three times than yours. Is not about hardware and how expensive it is. It's about the apps/drivers that interfere with the game. My mate had only few crashes as well but he has a 3 month old Nvidia driver and god knows how old he's sound/cpu drivers are. Me having them up to date, including Windows updates is somehow interfering with the game. The fact that you did not have huge issues is irrelevant so please bug off.

Congratulation! You actually provided some useful info.

The good news is, you may have found the cause of some of the issues. The bad news is, Bioware does not write Nvidia drivers, so you may want to badger Nvidia about it.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 12 of 23 (137 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@Banfilidh wrote:

@sauril77 wrote:

It appears that the early release is more of a stress test and bug finder.  So they can have a day 1 update in place.  I feel bad for everyone that is having issues, but for a few things that have already been acknowledge by the devs, i have not had any major issues and I am ok with having issues so the rest of the players day 1 is better.

This isn’t the case. New problems cropping up this week won’t be in that patch. Most of the fixes in the day 1 patch were implemented weeks ago, they simply couldn’t get them tested and certified for the 15th.

And you know this how? Assumption? Speculation? Divine Visions?

How do you know that many of the issues that have cropped up in the last 4 days havent been added to the fixes in the Day 1 Patch?

Message 13 of 23 (127 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

1080 TI sli

Intel  i7 8700 3.7ghz

ssd

32 gb ram

My CPU and GPU are at ~70 C so it is not overheating. I don't have issues with loading times - the game crashes once every couple of hours. World events/missions cannot be completed, random teleports back to main city etc. All of these are server side. The rest of the bugs are because the game is not optimized at all even if you like it or not. If you don't see it then you're certainly blind. The fact that some people do not have these problems (apart from the server side problems) doesn't matter. There are too many people having problems that is unacceptable to charge extra money for early access. It's not about the few bucks, it's about the gesture of ripping players off.

Message 14 of 23 (123 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

Any build that contains fixes has to go through rounds of testing to make sure the fixes didn’t introduce worse problems than they tried to solve. It’s a pretty safe assumption that anything that gets fixed today won’t become part of an actual patch for a couple weeks at least.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

Message 15 of 23 (122 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Game in really good state right now, wht themes may be discussed here?

Message 16 of 23 (115 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Well, for one thing, most of the changes listed for the patch have been talked about over the last few weeks. And as noted, it simply takes too long to test the fixes and make sure they don’t break more things, as well as go through certification with a Microsoft and Sony.

of course, some things can be changed server side, like they have done with open world chest loot. That is a result of behavior observed this week. Is it possible something that cropped up this week is in that patch? I don’t know...maybe there’s a chance, but the vast majority of fixes are from before, so categorizing the early access as a stress test and bug finder is wrong. The vip and open demos served that purpose, no argument there.

Message 17 of 23 (112 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Oldbuthawt wrote:

The rest of the bugs are because the game is not optimized at all even if you like it or not. If you don't see it then you're certainly blind. The fact that some people do not have these problems (apart from the server side problems) doesn't matter. There are too many people having problems that is unacceptable to charge extra money for early access. It's not about the few bucks, it's about the gesture of ripping players off.

If the game wasn’t optimized “at all” I assure you you wouldn’t be able to run it at more than 0.1fps. The fact that I was able to play the demo on a PC that’s a few years old means that it was already optimized pretty well all the way back in December. And if people with the latest videocards and drivers are having stability issues while people with older hardware are able to run the game, it’s logical to assume the issues might in fact be with the latest hardware and/or the undercooked drivers for it.

The game officially releases on the 22nd. Premier gives you access to all of the games on Origin. It also gives you the option of early access as a bonus on top of that. Early access is by definition a pre-release build, and by using it you’re accepting the risk of running into issues. If you paid $15 specifically for early access because you wanted to play so badly, that’s your choice, but literally nobody promised you a flawlessly working game before the 22nd, especially if the issues you’re having are caused by the drivers Bioware has no control over.

Message 18 of 23 (103 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@Banfilidh wrote:

Well, for one thing, most of the changes listed for the patch have been talked about over the last few weeks. And as noted, it simply takes too long to test the fixes and make sure they don’t break more things, as well as go through certification with a Microsoft and Sony.

of course, some things can be changed server side, like they have done with open world chest loot. That is a result of behavior observed this week. Is it possible something that cropped up this week is in that patch? I don’t know...maybe there’s a chance, but the vast majority of fixes are from before, so categorizing the early access as a stress test and bug finder is wrong. The vip and open demos served that purpose, no argument there.

Day 1 Patch notes - https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/as5jnd/day_one_update_details/

Message 19 of 23 (93 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I used to work in IT support and I can tell you that when someone has these kinds of problems and hardly anyone else does, it's usually down to 1. Using a bad crack for Windows or Office. 2. Faulty memory that might not be obvious when playing less demanding games. 3. Tons of crap on their computers.

If you are using a Microsoft crack, I suggest you look at that first.

Message 20 of 23 (89 Views)
Twitter Stream