The community response (Bots)

by gametrieuk

Original Post

Re: The community response (Bots)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@agqwpe663oe6 it is even disheartening to see that they are just a stronger version than PVE.

Edit: language errors

Message 11 of 21 (555 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@gametrieuk Your list of what is wrong with the bots is very detailed. Thank you for making it! Maybe the devs will read them and take them into consideration.

At this point I would like to mention @stukapooka. He also made detailed lists on how to improve the bots before the toxic incident happened that made him quit the game and being an active member of the forums. I would like to thank him as well.

With all of this qualitative and quantitative feedback, there is no excuse for the devs not to rework them quickly (well except a global health crisis).

@GutmanSca & @gametrieuk They shouldn't remove the bots. They are needed. Even with cross play, it could happen that a very unbalanced lobby is created. Before the bots were introduced I felt the game was dying and was constantly put into 2v7 or even 1 (me) v 5 lobbies in team Vanquish. I was about to quit the game because of that. It was so unfair. Bots might be frustrating, but being the only one against a team of 5 op zombies is even more frustrating. If they rework them they will not have any downsides. They should also make it so that there are only bots added in order to make the team size equal, but not more in order to fill the team to the max amount of players. So if one team has 4 players and the other has 5, they should add 1 bot to the weaker team, instead of adding bots to both teams to fill them up to 8 players.

Message 12 of 21 (534 Views)

★★ Pro
@benn1nat0r thanks for reminding me of @stukapooka, he helped a lot with your posts.

And what I don't want about bots is that they have the same damage as a player, and also that they can't do things that players can't do, if they continue with Cross-play that are weaker than they are, and that because there are more players, the sessions get fuller easier.
Message 13 of 21 (532 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@gametrieuk I agree Standard smile. With cross play there would be less bots. I don't want them to completely get removed. I want them to be a safety feature for the rare case where a lobby has a very uneven number of players.
Message 14 of 21 (516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Iron_Guard8Probably because crazy in gw2 was actually crazy buffing the bots health, damage, and ai where in bfn crazy is the new normal apparently and the opposing team in gw2 used spawnables which could actually do something and less overall aimbot instakill abilities.

Honestly I dont think cross play is going to greatly improve the game because while it is new players it still cant save bfn from being the broken unadvertised mess it is.

Message 15 of 21 (1,403 Views)

★★ Pro
@stukapooka you are completely right, the BFN bots are not well adjusted, their damage, accuracy and health are not as well adjusted as in GW2, which makes it not fun to go against them in multiplayer matches.
Message 16 of 21 (497 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@gametrieukThey just dont seem as finely tuned either: stopping in place, dont really seem to use abilities to get over obstacles and when they do they just freeze like they went brain dead, seem to pause in combat, numerous bugs and wierd ability usage (wizard attacking plants with zlixir), no spawnable usage no matter what team, and certain classes just annihilate others to the point where its just ridicoulos even though they're suppose to have weaknesses due to not having other classes on the team( all soldier is straight up overpowered).

Message 17 of 21 (484 Views)

★★ Pro
@stukapooka in general bots are like that, 100% perfect aim, 0% IQ, their behavior in general is problematic, which ends up frustrating the players a lot, by how monstrous the 80's and Citron are, by how useless the pirate and the cactus are.
Message 18 of 21 (464 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@gametrieuk Yeah you can really tell where the bots were rushed in terms of pathfinding and general ai combined in bfn (especially turf) with the falloff situation making the snipers role pointless especially since they seem to fire off unchraged rounds as well and stacked teams are ridcoulos in how badly they steamroll actually pretty evenly balances teams (team based shooter lol) in terms of classes like why does one character have that much power?
Message 19 of 21 (458 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@stukapooka Glad to see you making some posts again, I missed your opinions Standard smile

@gametrieuk & @stukapooka I agree. 80's and Citron are the deadliest. I also find the bot Corn to be way more deadly than actual Corn players. Acorn bot seems worse than normal acorn, though. They may be able to use more dashes than allowed, but they use them in a stupid way that only gets them killed. Nightcap bots can also be annoying because they can use abilities while using shadow sneak. Footsoldier bot is also terrible. He can use his ZPG two times! I dodged the first one and was extremely angry when he suddenly fired a second one. He didn't even play his fire animation, only the sound.

Bots in general can use abilities while reviving, like you said before.

Message 20 of 21 (455 Views)