The chat report feature is a JOKE

by totismo

Original Post

The chat report feature is a JOKE

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Good luck trying to report voice chat harassers, and don't even try to fight them back, because you are the one getting banned (As it literally just happened to me because of 1 message)

Someone BETTER do something about this, I never seen anything more stupid in my entire life, you can get anyone you want banned as long as you own a microphone and know how to anger people, be racist, threaten them, do whatever you want and you can get away with saying anything just because voice chat does not leave behind chat log so your reports are utterly useless.

Now I'm sitting here banned while the 2 cockroaches that were threatening, being racist and spilling vile on voice chat are roaming free with their accounts fully intact Standard smile

What a literal JOKE Thumbs up

edit:

Not to mention that this week ban is furthermore slowing down this (rigged) battle pass leveling, which already is an absolute sickening PAIN to level up alone, this is the last battle pass or thing I'm buying from this joke of a game, I can't believe I stayed loyal to this game for this long and supported it just to get slapped on the face like this.

I can't be any more angry and disappointed

Message 1 of 4 (270 Views)

Re: The chat report feature is a JOKE

@totismo Welcome to the forum! Your best bet is to report the players here. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Keep in mind, you can't control other peoples behavior but you can control yours. That said, the rules are clear and always stick to them, no matter what the other players do. If they harass you or you feel they have violated the TOS, then report them at the link I provided or if you're on console use the in game report feature.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (215 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

This happend to a lot of streamer, Xednim and Shifv recently. Twitchtv chat can be really toxic and if your head is not cool, you could easily lost control and fight back.

Same in game, I encounter few toxic player that rage, yell and curse out of control. Well, while they might have point to complaint, they don't have right to curse with foul language so simply report them.

I simply quit when they're toxic and report them if I'm in the mood, but I ussually just ignore and move on.

Message 3 of 4 (205 Views)

★★★ Novice

I love Shifv I feel so identified with him, I'm a solo queuer with no friends in-game (all my friends stopped playing the game on season 4)
It was a ranked match and as you can imagine solo queueing makes it hard so I didn't want to lose my points and get a penalty for leaving, not only they were trolling and just trying to ruin the match by shooting and getting themselves killed, they were being huge pieces of sh*t in general, specially over the microphone and sadly for me I can lose control since things aren't very well irl and I cope by playing and refuging myself in the game

I have no idea how to report vc harassers and the fact that i've been banned for a week with risk of completely losing my account and games while they happily roam free unscathed (on likely smurf accounts anyway) just make my blood boil

Message 4 of 4 (191 Views)