The chase camera roll setting shouldn't flip upside down

by thebulletk1n

Original Post

The chase camera roll setting shouldn't flip upside down

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's great that we now finally have the chase camera roll toggle in game, but there is one fatal flaw with it that kind of makes it pointless.

As it stands right now, it will flip the camera upside down when the jet turns upside down. This isn't how it worked in past titles and it removes the point of having it.

Maintaining a consistent camera angle is key, since the two main reasons for having this option is to reduce the feeling of dizziness involved with the camera constantly spinning, and the other is to maintain awareness of where you are in space. It flipping will only confuse pilots more and make it even more disorientating as they perform loops while keeping an eye on their minimap and surroundings. 

The camera should maintain the flat angle even while the jet is upside down.

Message 1 of 14 (857 Views)

Re: The chase camera roll setting shouldn't flip upside down

★★★ Novice

This need more attention than it's currently getting.

Message 2 of 14 (803 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Regarding this off-roll update.
Regarding the camera work, from what I hear, it is already possible to achieve this in the A-10 of the BF3 portal. Seems like it could be accomplished by simply migrating the same camera to AoW!
Hopefully the DICE "BF2042 AoW" development team will work on it and fix the specs. I am sure they will do it.

-BF2042 chase camera roll:off setting / BF3 Portal Jet (good camera work)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grhfje7_Ndg

-BF2042 chase camera roll:off setting / AoW Jet (weird camera work)
https://youtu.be/wEVFzUaTj1E

Message 3 of 14 (782 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

the camera shouldn't move in chase view.  having said that, imo third person should be removed for vehicles.  if infantry can't use 3rd person why should vehicles get it?

Message 4 of 14 (737 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes i support this issue, camera roll off should set the camera to a fixed position like it was from bf4-bfv

Message 5 of 14 (685 Views)

★ Expert

@Psubond wrote:

the camera shouldn't move in chase view.  having said that, imo third person should be removed for vehicles.  if infantry can't use 3rd person why should vehicles get it?

First person only was a hardcore mode feature. With how much geometry there is on these maps, driving in FPV the entire game would be nauseating. Forced FPV should be an option in Portal or whatever, not in the main game. 

BF games are fast paced and are not a simulator. Plus you have Sundance, C5, slow turret speed, and so much weight and momentum it would be a nightmare to drive a tank.

Message 6 of 14 (670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@RaginSamit's flat out unfair that you sneak up on a vehicle and they get a birds eye view of their 6 and turn and blast you but infantry can't do it.  screw it.  i'm going to terrorize vehicles all weekend with the rail gun just cause.  i unlocked it last night just didn't do much playing cause i had to get up early

Message 7 of 14 (663 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Psubond wrote:

@RaginSamit's flat out unfair that you sneak up on a vehicle and they get a birds eye view of their 6 and turn and blast you but infantry can't do it.  screw it.  i'm going to terrorize vehicles all weekend with the rail gun just cause.  i unlocked it last night just didn't do much playing cause i had to get up early

Lol the salt. You’re actually complaining you can’t solo heavy armor as an infantry player. Do you really expect tank drivers to have to scan 360 degrees for any Sundance or parachute dropper to not get C5d instantly? 

Message 8 of 14 (646 Views)

★ Expert
@Psubond It's not unfair, it's just balanced that way. A game design choice and then balanced around that. BF isn't a simulator and never was.

You can't have people running around with C5 and throwing, priming, three things of it in exactly one second. Tanks have already been really nerfed compared to other BF titles this time around. I actually like it and would consider myself somewhat of a Tank main when I get the chance.

What about the new map? Have you tried driving a tank on it? It's a freaking nightmare, unless you're just kinda defending and overseeing an area. It's pretty frustrating if you're an aggressive player with the tank. Now do that in First person only.

How would it be balanced if you could sneak up to every tank and throw C5 on it? Especially since the rework of Tanks make them so slow and vulnerable and to be balanced with 3rd person in mind. You can't design something all one way and take away every chance to defend themselves. That's not balanced either.
Message 9 of 14 (641 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@CPT_GASLIGHT i'm not the salty one. merely observing that in a FIRST PERSON shooter, you should only be able to use first person view. and yes, i expect vehicles to have to do what everyone else has to do.

in terms of salt, i'll be mining that tonight while terrorizing tanks and aircraft with the rail gun. you think C5 is bad wait till everyone unlocks the rail gun 😉
Message 10 of 14 (639 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help