The changes to SBMM are just plain bad

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Re: The changes to SBMM are just plain bad

★★★★★ Guide
@hayhor

True. But it is the quickest way, even if most risk as so easy to get into another lobby quickly in this game.

But they want nice armor from result of a 4 way squad battle from initial hot land, which means easy early upgraded armor. So its down, quit and hopefully get juicy gear RNG.

Can go damage farming to purple/red at distance, but its no 5 min job and worrying about third party or team mates getting bored if they have no long range weapons. Exchange heals for armor upgrades as result.

Spend too much time then other squads will be ahead geared up for last 2 ring closures, but most people go aggressive even just to get lucky.
Message 21 of 31 (331 Views)

@DarthValtrex I can literally never catch you online these days. what times you playing?
Message 22 of 31 (323 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SobatRosul Same boat here. I had around 0.7-0.8 k/d in s1 and s2. Apex was my first FPS game/I was new to gaming anyways. Never watched any stream or youtube videos up until S3.

Currently sitting at 1.25. Avg dmg 390ish. Aggressive/semi-aggressive play is the way to go, loot goblins can keep looting. My win rate is 5 % so yeah not a lot of wins under my belt lol.
Message 23 of 31 (308 Views)

@PeterN_UK Agree 100% granted you can drop far but if you do that, you have to plan a load out for it and put yourself in a position to snipe your armor up.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 24 of 31 (281 Views)

Champion
@PeterN_UK I'm just not into relying on RNG for my results is all. I'll take a few minutes of looting to start followed by fun fighting with decent kits anyday. As for the loadout, my friend typically carrys a sniper anyway so it is easier for me. I'll typically try to grab a sniper or g7 at the beginning of the game, unless I'm blue and have lots of good attachments for other guns. Once I'm purple I'll make a decision to swap guns if it makes sense.
Message 25 of 31 (279 Views)

Champion
@BaldWraithSimp My kd my first season was like .3 🤣 I didnt play these types of games. Was rough.
Message 26 of 31 (278 Views)

@hayhor Oh yeah my first season.. Friend gives me a digi threat so I can see what I'm shooting at. I accidentally swap it for a 3x on a 301... Oh the struggles that happened that first season.

It was brutal..I'd warn my teammates, so uh I'm not any good.. That means think of the worst player you have played with, I'm 10x worse.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 27 of 31 (272 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Didnt have that much time to play this season, still need to finish leveling. Im usually playing with two friends (i have the worst stats of us all) and we sometimes have days we get insta melted the whole day and sometimes we get days that we steamroll half the lobby. Actually my K/D went from 0.8 in season 5 to this in season 6 (thank you 144 Hz monitor). But we learned to not be scared for pred trails, sometimes they'll melt you, sometimes you'll punch one to death even if he has mastiff, that's just how the game is.apex.png

Message 28 of 31 (260 Views)

★ Pro
@DarthValtrex I think they didn't change anything with sbmm, but honestly everyone want easy opponent.
my critical is high k/dr player full stuck premade in solo q.
but I don't think there easy solution because everyone can smurf .
Message 29 of 31 (242 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex Is your issue that you occasionally run into this level of player, or that your entire lobby consists of that level of player.

Unfortunately, in the grand scheme of things, I think that medium tier players occasionally running into high tier players is no where near as offensive as high tier players exclusively running into high tier players.

I’m in Masters, and I can’t win a pub because I am LITERALLY only ever playing the top people in the ENTIRE WORLD.

You know what would solve both of our problems? Random lobbies (for players over level 100). The wonderful thing about skill is that it exists on a distribution— surely 1% of the population can’t ruin the entire experience for every player.
Message 30 of 31 (217 Views)