The changes to SBMM are just plain bad

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Re: The changes to SBMM are just plain bad

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DarthValtrexFirst, who stole darths forum account cause this is big criticism by someone very supportive of the game on here.

Second, this isnt a new thing. I have pred and masters in almost every lobby and have had this for quite awhile. My kd this season is .9 and average damage is around 350 I think. Win rate is 12% and I dont think the game likes that. My friend I play with a lot is around 1.3 kd. We get some horrific teammates and experience the insta melting you do fairly often.

In your post tho you mentioned dropping to their location. Stop doing that. Let others try to kill them. Many times if they hot drop, which many top players do, they eventually get killed off but a random team taking advantage of them being weak. There are plenty of other places to drop near other people more on your level.

I actually think pubs are worse right now due to the ltm being so sweaty.

Message 11 of 31 (344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@hayhor

12% is an insane win rate. Mine is 6% this season. (1570 games and 101 wins for season 6)

1.JPG

Message 12 of 31 (323 Views)

Champion
@PeterN_UK That's actually 6.4%. Your kd is significantly better than me so you probably get harder opponents. My win rate is 10% or greater pretty much every season but I contribute that to having a friend I play with almost every day. We have logged so many hours together we can almost guess where the other is going in most scenarios.
Message 13 of 31 (319 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@hayhor

Sorry put in wrong % in haste!

I solo most of the time.

I do have a team mate but he plays on PC. But very strangely it hasn't impacted SBMM. London server still feels more fair since cross play. Definitely not the case mixing PC players makes the lobbies more difficult, but it seems to be giving a bigger pool and range of player skills to do match making better for sure. Just the landing down quits is my problem now :D
Message 14 of 31 (316 Views)

Champion
@PeterN_UK I've played in the PC lobbies a few times now and actually had more success in them.
Message 15 of 31 (303 Views)

@Koochi-Q Crossplay dropped and I had a few hundred invites and friend requests.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 31 (279 Views)

[ Edited ]

@PeterN_UKMine hovers around 8-10% overall it's down right now because I'm trying to get used to the paddles on an elite controller.

I realize that's way above average but my KD is below average. But I play extremely aggressively so I get knocked/eliminated frequently and have to be respawned. I'm also typically the player who rushes into a fight and gets 2 or 3 people down to one shot, I get knocked and my teammates clean up.

Perhaps I do belong in those lobbies, but the teammate I had did not.

@hayhor I did not have much of a choice my teammate dropped there. I don't think he was aware. I don't mind dropping on Predators or Diamonds, we do occasionally eliminate them. But I knew on drop, if my teammate was not above average we would not walk out. 

I have watched your clips and honestly, your team plays really really well. You're all working together and really using the abilities together as a team. So it does not surprise me you have a 12% win rate. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 17 of 31 (258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@DarthValtrex

I believe in playing aggressive too in early stage. End game you really need to be red shield, so logical it is the way to play.

Once squad is red shields and plenty ammo then I prefer third-partying at right final moments between 2 squads going forward til the end, as no more gear benefit by then.

So I play aggressive initially for gear but switch to cautious to win.

There is too much blue armor drops in this game and the care package + stacking 2x ultimate accelerants means a lifeline can get 2 Purple armor so easily early game. Also there is an area with 3 charge towers next to eachother! (Capacitor area) 1/3 chance of purple armor a go. About as cheesy as Loba doing armo steal from locked vault.

How this is relevant is that I believe it is better all ground or care package armor is level 1. Forces players to actually participate in early battles to earn higher armor because they have to for end game. Camping over.

Message 18 of 31 (248 Views)

Champion
@PeterN_UK You do not have to be super aggressive to get a red shield. Lots think this but it is wrong. Getting to purple is quite easy by engaging people from a decent distance with a sniper or a scout. Or you can even craft to it from blue. And if I'm on purple I'm not afraid of anyone but that doesn't mean I'll go crazy from dumb positions.
Message 19 of 31 (244 Views)

★ Guide
@DarthValtrex Just play casual, i think the issue is within your mindset. You should have known the risk for playing aggressive. I have around 400 avg damage and always hot dropping asap in pubs. If i saw a preds or masters's trail in my lobby, i go straight hunting them down. This is the only way, honestly speaking, to be a better player which is against a better team or players. I dont care about winning or dying in early stage as long as it's pub.

Unpopular opinion, SBMM really helps me to be a better player as a solo player. I used to have <0.7 KDR in season 2 and even worse in Season 1 or 0. But now i have >1.3 KDR and bunch of 3k badges. So playing aggressive in pubs and against those preds or masters really help me out. If i may give you some advises, keep your aggressive play-style and improve your positioning in pubs, winning in pubs is not worthy Wink
Message 20 of 31 (240 Views)