by RockDokRock

Original Post

Re: The brutal honesty of a week one player

★★★★ Expert
@DK9027 in short, Respawn, over-promised but under-delivered Standard smile
Message 11 of 17 (199 Views)

★ Guide

I am deeply sorry, and regret my use of such insensitive verbiage. I shall, in due course, upload a heartfelt and totally not scripted apology video, and can only hope that the masses deem me worthy of forgiveness.

I have failed myself, I have failed my family.. And worst of all... I have failed this city.

Message 12 of 17 (171 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@SewerTierGamer too late for that, now ....you are doomed forever.
even creating a new account won't help you 

Message 13 of 17 (152 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well said. I haven’t played since day one and everything like that, and I really like what you said about the matchmaking. This game is by all means NOT a newbie friendly game. At least on PC it’s not. I play on console; however, I play with PC players all the time and it’s two different worlds. My advice for anyone who wants to try this game is do it on console. I’m not advocating that they shouldn’t play on PC, but if you don’t want to go against masters/predators, smurf accounts, or hackers, I would say go with console.

Message 14 of 17 (132 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Ducohphd Still tough.  I got my brother playing with me (PS4) and he was absolutely crushed for some length of time.  He had the advantage of me trying to help and explain things to him (I had to learn on my own, that was painful) and he's probably as good as me now.  Mind you that's a pretty low bar.

- DR

Message 15 of 17 (123 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DucohphdI want to try Apex (when/if they fix some unrelated compatibility stuff), but I'm concerned about the audio bugs. I'm watching streams and the game audio there is wonky: it randomly disappears, there are those silent jumppads.

Are they usually fixing those keyboard-breaking bugs?

Message 16 of 17 (119 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Ducohphd that's call aim assist not matchmaking.

And I would disagree about friendliness - I didn't play FPS games for ~10-15 years (yeah I am old), jumped into Apex March 2021 and after my 2-3 month I already reached P4, later progress didn't stop at any split and I went to D4.

If you invest time in reading, training, watching others play this game is no exception and you can fit in quite fast.

The main issue I see starts at D4 level.

For one you have people playing on controllers and ones who are good in-game -> good player + aim assist = Master+ level skill which is a hard if not impossible to close for newbie like me for example.

And then you have no-recoilers, soft and hard aimbotters, smurfs which unfortunately substitute for the "brainless part" of Apex community you are facing till P4. Basically one day instead of bots who play ranked as public you have the same ammount of hackers. Not sure which is better as both are struggle for me.

To sum up - Apex is just very bad at controlling hackers. Rest is managable.
Message 17 of 17 (104 Views)