The bow is a rifle which makes no sound

by HopesKunai

Original Post

Re: The bow is a rifle which makes no sound

★★★ Pro
@Koochi-Q

Maybe. Who knows for sure?

Yes, you can see trajectory path if you are not engaged in a fight. Else while in a fight it is easily missed.
Same could be said of other weapons, but all other weapons make sound, and have a reload.
The bow has neither.
Message 21 of 109 (454 Views)

@HopesKunai If you fall hard enough, there is no fall damage indeed.
Message 22 of 109 (453 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

All that time playing Horizon Zero Dawn, this is my time to shine!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/da6f1160bc1bc48f5d2141301b16c1ba/tenor.gif?itemid=7954857

Message 23 of 109 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Peri_Longbow_plz

Wrong. There is lethal fall damage.

Anyways, my point is... the bow may need some tweaking.

Message 24 of 109 (450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Lord_Scorpion34Well...

I did tomb raider & HZD! Come at me!

@HopesKunai  Then it’s not too bad. Lolz every other weapon when engaged in a fight if it’s in view have trajectory path xD. Even sentinels. 

For location tho, I hardly ever use gunsounds unless I want to third party. But how often will you have a full team running this weapon simultaneously. 

If I’m already fighting them I just listen for footsteps or rely on sound so no bow sounds aren’t a dealbreaker for me. Same with no reload... I just see that as a spitfire xD

Message 25 of 109 (440 Views)

@HopesKunai You must be very desperate for confirmation if you have to compare a science fiction game to real life so badly. At least my comparison was accurate because no matter how you want to twist or turn it: A bow is a silent weapon. Whether it fits or not is a question on the side. Though to be honest, Bows and Crossbows never grow old, but flow with time. Look at other Sci-fi games like Warframe. You have literal heat-seeking lasers and magical exo-suits, and still there is a traditional bow to go with. Look at some other BR's. Bows or at least crossbows. Many of them with lethal effects. We also have knives which are used in modern times. Why use a knife if you can use a sniper?

Now if you would have said that YOU don't like the weapon or that it isn't the style YOU'RE looking for, it would have been a different topic. But with your posts, you're specifically trying to talk for the community.
Message 26 of 109 (436 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q Aloy could def take Lara lol.
Message 27 of 109 (431 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Peri_Longbow_plz

Yes the bow is a silent weapon. And that is the problem, in a game where ALL other weapons are noisy.

Nice personal attack by the way.

Message 28 of 109 (427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Lord_Scorpion34Well... yea... Aloy is made for hunting machine animals, while lara is randomly a vicious killer even tho she is an archeologist...

They can both take me on tho 🤣😏

@HopesKunai edited my prev post. Dunno if you saw it

Message 29 of 109 (424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Koochi-Q

It may not seem too bad. But I would wait to judge once you are engaged by it, while you are fighting another team.

Yep saw the edit!

Message 30 of 109 (420 Views)