Re: The bow is a rifle which makes no sound

by matzesingt

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Peri_Longbow_plzSorry my friend this is not Hollywood...

I didn’t shoot a compound bow indeed but it’s not necessary, but I served 12 years at the armed forces and shot with several different guns...

I shot with a longbow atleast and even if a compound bow had 3x the power of a longbow it’s still nothing compared to the forces that get unleashed when you Shoot with something like an mg3 .

If you compare a simple assault rifle like g36 and A compound bow and you still don’t see significant differences in things like g36 having a 870yards effective combat distance compared to 30-60yards effective range of a compound bow

We don’t even talk about bulletspeed/arrowspeed and Bullet/arrowdrop...Firerate, maximum range and so on 
Simple question, if conpoundbows are as lethal as you think they are how come special units of armed forces are not using them ?i mean the value of it beeing completely silent should be worth it right ?but guess what besides that they are inferior in every single aspect compared to a modern firearm... every t4 body armor with ceramic plates will stop the arrow

And you dare to compare it to a modern sniper rifle wich is on a completely different lvl than even modern normal longweapons when it comes to stoppingpower

Message 61 of 109 (571 Views)

[ Edited ]

@matzesingtAll of what you said in honors Captain America, I salute to your military greatness, but that still doesn't change the fact that a Bow is deadly, and that this is still a Sci-Fi game. You could technically make it laser powered and all of what you said would be diminished in an instant. The arrow flight speed and the arrow drop is far from being accurate. And I remember my original post being about the criticism that a Bow is silent. And as far as I remember, my statement about a bow being silent should be pretty accurate Wink

But I am open enough to accept that firearms do have several advantages over a traditional Bow or Crossbow. After all the reason why Crossbows and normal Bows aren't used by modern day people is due to the lack of versatility and usability in actual face-to-face combat, since a firearm can just fire again (given it's semi-auto or full-auto) while a Bow needs to be manually pulled, aimed and released. A normal firearm would certainly be better to use in combat if you had the choice between that and a Bow. Which still doesn't change that a Bow deals a very big amount of damage which should not be underestimated.

Message 62 of 109 (561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

For EA/Respawn this Bow is a gold mine. Its great for content creators, its also great for the casuals. The Bow takes skill to be used? Don`t kidding me. It doesn`t.

The hardest part in Aiming is the tracking, and to be able to able to keep up on target, as well as go in 1 on 1 duel, and to be able to strafe better and to aim better.

The hardest gun in terms to masters in Apex has always been the Wingman and the R99. And yeah i know there is many people that are claiming they one mag people with R99, but in reality can`t do 50 damage on a moving target. 

As far as the bow, the arrow thickness is huge, its easy to hit your shots, and which is kinda strange, its super easy to hit head shots. The damage on this Bow is ridiculous, but Ea/Respawn has always been terrible at balancing. 
From the beginning till now, only the last season we can said that the weapons were balanced properly with some being a bit stronger and so, but there wasn`t any totally OP/Broken weapons.

Before that it took them ages to fix the Wingman at first, then the R99, then it was the PK(it was absolutely always been OP), they needed to fix R301 at some point(it was early in the game existent), then it was Mastiff legend that was absolutely insane for a half year.

Now Bow will be absolutely insanely broken for probably even longer. 

The way the game is designed, such weapon was the last thing that the game was needed. The weapons were fine, but all they care is $$$$$$ and $$$$$$$ again.

Why the Bow is great cash for them, eh everyone wants to be Rambo, everyone wants to think he is a god aimer, even tho he is terrible, and the Bow is super noob friendly, and super strong, and average people will feel super strong with it, just like its in Warzone. And this mean a lot of $$$$$ for them, cause so many people will skins, skins, skins, BP and so on.

Its same with certain legends. They introduce Horizon beyond broken, so a lot of people to play her, and to get skins for her.

Now its the same with Valkyrie. I don`t think they will ever introduce a weak legend or weapon at least in the beginning, cause they are losing $$$$ that way.

They want to stock up as much people as they could, to squeeze as much as they can.

70 body damage, and 120+ headshot damage on super easy to land, without reload weapon, and especially if you are in a safe distance, where you can spam, spam, spam and think you are a god aimer. And you could think that they at least make the hipfire hard, think again, its super easy, and its super easy to hit headshots, and you are on a full speed in there .....

Some people will think, okay where then Snipers, and or lets said click timing weapons are skill based, its easy, lets said like in CS:GO with the AWP, where if you miss a shot, you are pretty much ending dead. Desert Eagle and Wingman is a good comparison as well.

And the balancing "god" team that obviously are terrible at anything, they even nerf the AR headshot damage, and buff the "Marksman" ADS speed.

All they are doing is lowering the skill ceiling and the gap between levels. They tried this with straight up lowering the HP/Armor, and making some Energy Weapons Broken, but they got a huge backlash, so they just decide to make some weapons do insane amount of damage, and here it goes the TTK drop significantly.

The greatest part of Apex Legends was dueling, go 1on1 and the better aimer/dodger wins.

Now with the 394847349384883484 dota abilities in the game, its absolutely garbage.

There is absolutely no need for new legends/weapons every new seasons, but this mean $$$$, so of course they are going to focus on this. Why focus on the actual game issues, why focus on garbage server, why focus on cheaters that are probably half of the player base, no its just better to create new legend/weapon and get as much $$$$ as possible, and here and there copy/paste some ridiculous stupid and unwanted game mode like the Arena, that is even slower than the actual BR gameplay, yeah great idea ....

OP, bro did you even expect something else, where they introduce legends like Horizon who gat zero sound and can Q behind you silently, and the game Audio was/is still broken for like 2 years already, and you want the Bow to have audio/sound, really? :D As far as balance goes i think i already said it, you can`t expect a balanced stuff, from a team that for a 2 year of a game existent, the weapons were balanced for like 1-2 months combined, and the rest of the time there was always some totally broken weapon in game. And i`m not even going to open the thread about Legends balancing, cause this is the biggest joke in the history.

P.P. Are this guy for real, that are trying to somehow say that a BOW is somehow more deadly, than AR in reality? Large smile

Message 63 of 109 (538 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@WhoTookCrossfireYou must not know me... well you don’t cause you’d know I don’t base my interpretations off of others but from what I’ve seen. Please show me all my other posts you’re referring to cause I’ve provided my feedback which is all pretty consistent with each other in multiple threads from what I’ve seen... in trailers, which I almost always ‘credit’ as the source of my assumptions. Hence why I always cautiously state something and heck in at least 1 post I even say that I could be off and this was before S9 started.

Heck, in one thread I was even speaking with someone who already had a strong opinion on the bow before even playing and was stating things instead of thinking how things could be, just like I have done in my previous post. The difference was I never stated anything but implied things based off of the game I know. 

But imagine finding opinions on something on a forum even when spitballing. So I’d say before you assume stuff again to first ask why someone is saying something (before quoting just one post with basically saying what you yourself said before even playing) just to know where someone is getting his details from so you don’t say something as inaccurate as “really shouldn’t be drawing conclusions based purely off of what others say”.

Message 64 of 109 (507 Views)

@LordloshBang Yes. I am serious. But I am going to drop out of this conversation now. I'm going to entertain myself by playing the game rather than writing walls about it.
Message 65 of 109 (500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Peri_Longbow_plz  Good luck playing the game when the servers run like crap lol.

Message 66 of 109 (479 Views)

Champion
@Peri_Longbow_plz I'm not arguing crossbows and compound bows cannot be powerful enough to go thru and I dont think the OP was concentrating on just that either. From videos I've seen of gameplay the issue to me looks like lack of arrow drop (note that an arrow can not come close to competing with a military grade sniper in this case) and maybe a little too much damage based on fire rate.
Message 67 of 109 (460 Views)

★★ Pro

@Peri_Longbow_plz wrote:
@LordloshBangYes. I am serious. But I am going to drop out of this conversation now. I'm going to entertain myself by playing the game rather than writing walls about it.

Yeah sure buddy. Only in Apex world an Assault Rifle can do 25 damage to the head, and 14 to the body, yet a .... Bow to do 70/120+.

Yeah sure. :D

Message 68 of 109 (442 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Peri_Longbow_plzYeah I think a break is in order. It looks like you've wore yourself out being a champion for the Bocek....which doesn't really belong in the game.

And yes it is harder to locate the point of attack from a long range bow attack in game. You can't argue the fact that a near silent weapon is more stealthy than a gun....but you tried!

Message 69 of 109 (428 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Pure_Funk_Nugget  You're completely right, and thats the whole point.

The bow needs some tweaks but it's a better alternative to having suppressors for all weapons in game.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 70 of 109 (420 Views)