Re: The average APEX player is terrible.

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

The average APEX player is terrible.

★★★★ Apprentice

First off this doesn't apply to everyone because some people I have played with have been AP level players.

But let me vent a little here...

Most of you suck. Around 75% of the players I have seen don't even attempt to do the basic things that a game like this requires to be at least a decent player and that percentage is coming from just under 150 games played so far in APEX.

Out of those 150~ games id say about 15-20 people on my team did these basic things such as...

1. Using a Microphone to communicate with your teammates.

2. Staying together for the entire game.

3. Sharing loot so each teammate has basic things like heals and shield cells/batts and ammo. (This goes along with number 1)

4. Watching for other teams near you when jumping off the ship.

5. Not looting or thirsting when other enemies are still around.

None of these these require anything more than getting a working mic, using it, and being polite to your teammates.

Message 1 of 15 (5,039 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@61Hazy  You must be new to the forums.

We seasoned players already know this. People like that don't come here to listen. But only to complain about bans.

Message 2 of 15 (5,022 Views)

★★ Expert

75%? You're being really generous. I'd say about 90% of the player-base is just god awful. I've played with a ton of Diamond players, and truthfully, pretty much none of them played like they belong in Diamond. I've played with 7 Apex Predators so far, and only 5 of them played like they actually deserved to be there. Now, the Predators I've been up against? Those guys play extremely well, and I love playing against them. 

The dumbest person I've played with today takes the cake in a LANDSLIDE for stupidity. One guy left early, and this guy dies. None of us have loot, I ambush a team next to respawn beacon, wipe 'em, and respawn this guy. I leave this guy plenty of stuff. Meds, ammo, grenades, whatever. Except, it's only heavy ammo there, because I need light ammo. This guy, with his 3000 IQ brain, decides, "Hey, I'm going to pick up the light ammo weapon here, disregard the Heavy Ammo weapon with 200 bullets to spare + attachments, and ping that I need light ammo." I've got, 200 bullets tops. This guy hasn't contributed more than 50 damage in the last 3 fights total. Considering I've got 7 kills at this point, it's pretty obvious who needs the light ammo. Obviously we go fight, and the dude runs out of ammo. Then proceeds to try and place blame on me, asking why we were fighting when he's got no ammo. I ask back, why didn't you get the heavy ammo weapon with the 200 bullets still there?

He leaves. 

Message 3 of 15 (5,001 Views)

★★★ Expert

In my book, at least 97.5% should just go play an MMORPG instead.

This is why i've been playing Fortnite as of late. Solo's is so much more enjoyable.

Message 4 of 15 (4,973 Views)

★★★ Pro
@61Hazy You guys are being too generous with these percentages, bump it up to atleast 98.2% and you'd be in the ball park.

Also not using a microphone doesn't automatically make people bad, my jobless broke * can't afford one but I'll write a damn novel with those pings if have to say something
Message 5 of 15 (4,969 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

You all are missing the point here! @61Hazy <- is getting that figure out of playing 150 games. hunduredfive-ety! In my hayday I could do that amount in 1 day XD. Thats how bad teammates were... not even 2 mins in a game and by the 3rd searching for another one.

I hardly agree with your basic things. You don’t need a mic, don’t necessarily need to stay together... sharing loot... on the fence over this one, 4 is just for self preservation and not thirsting... you basically already know there are enemies (nearby) and thats why you thirst. Either to draw teammates out or just to put the crawler out of his misery

75%... these repliers aren’t kidding that you’re too generous... the basic consensus on this site is 1 every 10 games you get at least 1 decent or above and one every 20 games 2 of them... so at least 95 suck!

Message 6 of 15 (4,942 Views)

★★ Pro
@61Hazy For number 1, in ranked yes, but anywhere else? You would be better off trying to find someone who wants the charge rifle buffed. 2 is the same thing, but happens maybe 1 in 3 games for me. 3 - without 1, it is basically a no go, but even with 1 it is very difficult. 4 - I'm surprised people don't do that and 5 - If you are going for kills, yes, but thirsting in the final circle is also very damaging to that squad, as it would be a 3v2, and you would get all that guys meds, armor and ammo, and even a good weapon if you are lucky
Message 7 of 15 (4,935 Views)

★★ Pro
@Koochi-Q I must get really good teammates, as at least every game I have someone who can actually do something for my squad. We won't talk about the time I got two level 1's as teammates...
Message 8 of 15 (4,931 Views)

★ Guide

lol , average players are good than seeing hackers in the lobby. xd

Message 9 of 15 (4,893 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@61Hazy it's a free casual game targeting a teen audience. What do you expect? Play ranked, that helps a little.
Message 10 of 15 (4,882 Views)