Re: The audio is dying, LITERALLY

by MyName1sNotJohn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The audio is dying, LITERALLY

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Just had a game where I encountered 3 times, including mine, in a single match, when people respawning from the respawn beacon, the dropship doesn't make any sound at all. All I hear is the initial sound when the ship come out and....that is it, a complete dead silent. Almost died to a squad silent respawn right under my nose.

And the server is getting ddosed again. Great game by the way you guys are doing a fantastic work I sure do hope the game will continue living by the end of next year, I sure do glad Battlefield and Halo has nothing to offer any of us because they dont have a battle royale gamemode and I sure do hope they won't do that.

Message 1 of 9 (581 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert
@KissYourHomieUwU This has been a problem since either beginning of S10 or one of the updates even before BH quest. I had it long before that quest with both @MandatoryIDtag & @hayhor in individual games.

The ship even disappears for non-respawnees. It shows approaching and then poof, gone (sometimes), then you just see someone falling from the sky. Other times it’s just the sound doing the houdini.

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (562 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

@KissYourHomieUwUif by ddos you mean the first few seconds in dropship completely lagging, than that's unfortunately a new norm for some reason

Message 2 of 9 (568 Views)

★★★ Guide

nah i mean Hal just twitted he is getying stream snipe ddosed after a while. we gonna get to see shivfps screaming into the void soon enough

Message 3 of 9 (566 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@KissYourHomieUwU This has been a problem since either beginning of S10 or one of the updates even before BH quest. I had it long before that quest with both @MandatoryIDtag & @hayhor in individual games.

The ship even disappears for non-respawnees. It shows approaching and then poof, gone (sometimes), then you just see someone falling from the sky. Other times it’s just the sound doing the houdini.
Message 4 of 9 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

oh yeah, i was wondering why the hell could that rat respawn silent right under my nose while i was spinning 720 degree in complete confusion and panic "wtf who just respawn RIGHT UNDER MY BUILDING", thought i wasn't looking high enough but nope, THERE WASN'T ANY DROPSHIP AT ALL

Message 5 of 9 (547 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@KissYourHomieUwU The first time it happened for me I was with hayhor and it was amazing cause even the dropship sound was different. It sounded like a distorted shot/dropship initial sound. Then after 2 seconds gone and I was left wondering what that was when hayhor suddenly said, “THEY’RE RESPAWNING NEAR US” and I’m searching for the ship thinking he’s gone crazy... I don’t see it at all... suddenly I see a guy drop out of nowhere...

he was afk tho xD
Message 6 of 9 (532 Views)

Champion
@KissYourHomieUwU The respawn ships have been mainly silent for awhile now. I only hear then when they start to fly off.
Message 7 of 9 (490 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q Hmm, judging by the way you describe it, seems like the dropship disappears when there's an LOD ( level of detail ) switch. It's either the high end 3d model or the higher res textures that fail to load / render for some reason and, considering the fact that even the sound is affected, it might be a memory management issue. Might explain why there are so many issues on consoles at this point. On my PC, I don't encounter these as I have plenty of memory, but I did notice an increase in input lag (I play at 2560x1080), which usually indicates that there's more to be processed every frame.

Sadly, considering this, I don't see problems going away, only getting worse, unless upgrading to next gen.
Message 8 of 9 (488 Views)

Before I encountered the big audio issues I actually thought the drop ship audio was on purpose. To cut down on thirds or something. But yesterday I had a match where ALL audio completely cut out…so I’m convinced audio is just all around terrible this season 

Message 9 of 9 (469 Views)