Re: The Ultimate Control Deck - [Rose version]

by Azombioso

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Ultimate Control Deck - [Rose version]

★★★★★ Guide

Hello my good fellas. Today I want to share with you my new Ultimate Control Deck.

This version (as the tittle suggests) is with Rose since... RIP Rustbolt :C

Similar to how I made my last Ultimate Control Deck, I will explain the overall strategy, why I think this deck is good and even how I discovered this deck.

First of all, here is the deck list:

Screenshot_20180210-140123.png

I know this deck is similar to the one posted by @ThCakeIsALie, but I guarantee they are different xD

Let me explain you how I created my deck:

So, it all started with some new cards I got from my Triassic packs.

Captura1.PNG

Like a kid excited to play with his new toys, I decided to create a deck with my brand new cards.

At first sight you know this feels like a control deck, so I decided to follow that thematic. 

Because Aloesaurius (Or Green Bananasaurus as I like to call it xD) heals you every time you draw a card, I tried to create a control-ish deck with as much card draw as possible.

After adding all my new cards, I searched for the cards that could help me with my plan:

Captura2.PNG

I added Planet of the Grapes for the draws and some cards that can deal direct damage to the Zombie Heroe so I can guarantee as much draw as possible. (Like Sportacus that deals damage when a Zombie Trick is played and some Strikethrough cards)

Captura3.PNG

I added some early game cards (Mars Flytrap and Lima-Pleurodon), Ketchup Mechanic for more heals and Sun Strike as a game-finisher card.

With all this I had my 1st deck prototype.

Captura4.PNG

Some games later I realize that it is pretty dumb to NOT include Pepper M.D. in what is basically a healing deck, so I take out some cards to include it. This was the 2nd version of my deck.

Captura5.PNG

For the 3rd version I decided to include more early, as well as some heavy late-game cards. I even crafted a second Aloesaurus, since it is an AWESOME card. 

Captura6.PNG

Some more games later I realize that Power Flower is a liiiittle bit useless in my deck, since I do not have many flower cards. So, I decided to exchange all 3 copies for some Heartichokes. It is far more useful since it can also draw cards if I heal while this little guy is on the Planet of the Grapes.

Aaaaaand that's it! That's how I ended with the deck I have right now. 

The playstyle is pretty simple: You just try to control the board as efficiently as possible until your heavy hitters arrive. You sneak a little bit of damage here and there with your plants until your opponent is low enough. When that happens, you just play Sun Strike to guarantee your plants hit the enemy's face!!

Here are some screenshots of some interesting games, showing you the potential of this deck.

Screenshot_20180204-111835.png

1.- A typical board with this deck. If you manage to get both Aloesaurus, you are technically healing EVERYTHING on the board for 2 each turn. 

2.jpg

2.- In case you were wondering why I have Rotobagas in my deck... Here is why. It is magnificent to control aggresive decks early on. (You can also draw TWO cards if it is on the Planet of the Grapes)

3.jpg

3.- Sun Strike is the plant version of Going Viral (kind of). You (almost) all the time guarantee face damage, allowing you to draw cards or like on this example, win the game.

Screenshot_20180210-140839.png

This deck is actually so good and so fun, that I have been playing it past the Ultimate League, something I just rarely do.

So?

Liked it? Didn't liked it?

I will be glad to read your comments :3

Until the next one!!

Message 1 of 9 (3,676 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide

You sir are one of the best posters on this board in my opinion. 

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (3,736 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
Good post!
Message 2 of 9 (3,644 Views)

★ Guide

right now i'm using a healing deck too but for solar flare

it's pretty similar to this one's main concept and lots of cards but let's not talk about that

my only comment and recommendation is " lil buddy " 

instead of of 4 mars flytrap

you can add 2 lil buddy and have just 2 mars flytraps  

it insanely boosts pepper M.D at just round 2 !! ( it costs 0 )

it's a team-up that will protect pepper M.D against deadly and strong zombies

you can add cob cannon as well as a strong plant that will work awesomely with the lil buddy and kill any zombie by evolution , for more control

i like that deck but i haven't even tried playing as rose, i don't have any legendary or super rare smarty cards , and it will cost me a lot

Message 3 of 9 (3,636 Views)

★★ Pro
I despise Rose. I don't like getting her as my 10x hero, and thankfully it has only happened a couple times ever(fingers crossed and knock on wood)
This deck does nothing to make me like Rose, but it is a pimpin deck man.
Message 4 of 9 (3,626 Views)

★★ Guide
A little too much on the random side for my taste, imo.

I used to run Mars Flytrap, but found them to be mediocre at best. Couldn't find too much synergy and they would usually last only two turns at most.

Peppers w/o Lil Buds are keeping you from having a strong starting play turn 2.

Other than that not bad. I'm currently running a healing deck primary (as you already know). I've won many late games where I play Heartichoke, Venus Flytraplanet, and one Lil Bud in one turn. Maximizes the healing and damage two at a time. But that's if you choose to go more on the healing side. Up to you.

I like your Paradise Bird with Aloesaurus. Good combo.
Message 5 of 9 (3,591 Views)

★★★ Guide
I see the two shrinking violets and dragonfruit on a Rose character and know this deck wins games. The rest of the cards are irrelevant.
Message 6 of 9 (3,559 Views)

★★ Guide

You sir are one of the best posters on this board in my opinion. 

Message 7 of 9 (3,737 Views)

★ Guide

Fantastic deck! Personally, I don't have all the cards in the game, so this suggestion does not come from experience, but if I were to upgrade/edit this deck, here is what I would do:

Remove:

3x rotobaga(interesting tech card, but I don't think it's super important in a deck like this)

4x mars flytrap(again, doesn't really follow the theme of the deck, don't think it's needed)

3x cosmic flower(you already have a couple three drops, and with sunstrike in the deck, strikethrough shouldn't be needed to get damage in)

3x heartichoke(surprised? me too. But with all of the other cards that are big in doing damage late in the curve, and without venus flytraplanet being in the deck, this is actually not needed for this deck)

Add:

2x lima pleurodon(amazing one drop, will help you cycle through your deck, and get 1 cost 4/4s while doing so, which is great)

2x dark matter dragonfruit(would add 3, but can't have too heavy of a curve or else the early game will be hell. Pretty obvious why this dude is amazing)

1x aloesaurus(fantastic for healing, and buffing your pepper md., all aroung great card)

2x bird of paradise(love this card, amazing versatility)

1x aloe vera(I hate to have only 2 of any card in a deck, but with all the other healing, aloe may not be necessary at all times. still good to have a couple copies though)

2x shrinking violet(great removal.  'nuff said)

1x sunstrike(adds to the win condition, and conjures a trick. great value)

1x planet of the grapes(with 7 total dinoroar cards in my version of the deck, you'll want to get a lot of value, so adding even more potential card draw, while being able to cover zombie environments is great)

1x taco(heals and cycles, great for survivability and progression towards late game)

Message 8 of 9 (3,498 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@jakeman102201 wrote:

Fantastic deck! Personally, I don't have all the cards in the game, so this suggestion does not come from experience, but if I were to upgrade/edit this deck, here is what I would do:

Remove:

3x rotobaga(interesting tech card, but I don't think it's super important in a deck like this)

4x mars flytrap(again, doesn't really follow the theme of the deck, don't think it's needed)

3x cosmic flower(you already have a couple three drops, and with sunstrike in the deck, strikethrough shouldn't be needed to get damage in)

3x heartichoke(surprised? me too. But with all of the other cards that are big in doing damage late in the curve, and without venus flytraplanet being in the deck, this is actually not needed for this deck)

Add:

2x lima pleurodon(amazing one drop, will help you cycle through your deck, and get 1 cost 4/4s while doing so, which is great)

2x dark matter dragonfruit(would add 3, but can't have too heavy of a curve or else the early game will be hell. Pretty obvious why this dude is amazing)

1x aloesaurus(fantastic for healing, and buffing your pepper md., all aroung great card)

2x bird of paradise(love this card, amazing versatility)

1x aloe vera(I hate to have only 2 of any card in a deck, but with all the other healing, aloe may not be necessary at all times. still good to have a couple copies though)

2x shrinking violet(great removal.  'nuff said)

1x sunstrike(adds to the win condition, and conjures a trick. great value)

1x planet of the grapes(with 7 total dinoroar cards in my version of the deck, you'll want to get a lot of value, so adding even more potential card draw, while being able to cover zombie environments is great)

1x taco(heals and cycles, great for survivability and progression towards late game)

Interesting opinion my friend. You can alter this deck any way you want (after all, this is exactly why it is posted here xD). But let me give you my personal opinion of my cards:

-Rotobagas are pretty good for 3 reasons:

1.- Can kill 2 zombies at once. (Like shown on the pic)

2.- Can draw 2 cards if placed on Planet of the Grapes

3.- Protects the Lima-Pleurodons from amphibious zombies.

-Mars Flytrap serves as an early game card to deal with early zombies. It also helps you get access to your superpowers faster, so I don't mind having it.

-Cosmic Flower is good for 3 reasons:

1.- Strikethrough damage. Like on the Heartichoke example, strikethrough plants are pretty good to keep damaging the zombie's face.

2.- "Guarantee" a card drawn. If it is placed on the Planet of the Grapes environment, obviously.

3.- A conjured card. It automatically triggers your Aloesaurus, and that +1 health can help some of your plants survive the battle phase.

-Heartichoke is like... 10x better that I expected it to be. If you have a decent board (3 plants for example) you can play Heartichoke and a card draw (like the Cosmic Sunflower that I explained on the last point) and instantly deal 3 face damage. 

BONUS: If you play Heartichoke on the Planet of the Grapes, you will draw a card when you heal, triggering your Aloesaurus again, healing one more time, dealing damage one more time, drawing one more card and so on.

-I do not have any more Dark-Matters, Lima-Pleurodons, Astro Veras, Birds of Paradaise or Aloesaurus to include in my deck, unfortunately Frown

But this deck has been pretty succesful like it is right now, since the hardest part is to survive early game. More late game cards decreases your chance to draw something useful early on. (Except for the Limas, obviously :P )

But yeah, you can try your own version of the deck. If you find a good change, please let me know!

Message 9 of 9 (3,482 Views)