Re: The True calculation of how much time it takes to max out season 1 BP !

by theWonderChris

Original Post

The True calculation of how much time it takes to max out season 1 BP !

★ Guide

Each level of battle pass is 29500 xp . in order to max it out to level 110 you need 29500x 110 = 3,245,000 xp  assuming that each level past level 100 is also 29500 xp . 

now each min of surviving the battle is 185 xp  

3245000 : 185 = 17541 min must be spent in game . you divide its by 60 and you get  292 hours of gameplay needed to max out battle pass .  if you don't do a single kill and just stay in the game. we can also add the 25,000 points per week. lets say you are only a wraith spammer it will net you another 300,000 xp . it will remove some hours from 292 hours need to level up . 

you need to play ~3 hour a day to be able to level up the battle pass to max ! 

so no in any way shape or form you need 100 hours to level up battle pass. 

it is a lie ! 

it is clear to level up battle pass to level 100 and pass you kinda forced to either spam all heroes and get all 25k xp or spend money . 

I did the math for basically a player that will not be picking other legends . many people don't master more than 1 or 2 . just assume 100 hours is a lie ! 

Message 1 of 17 (5,473 Views)

★ Guide
I usually just play the first kill bonuses off from every character. But this is actually fun, now I have reason to play gibraltar allso.
Message 2 of 17 (5,463 Views)

★★★ Guide

Is there a first kill bonus for every character ? So 6 kill bonus for all basic characters every day ?

lol I didn't know that. That should be worth playing.

Message 3 of 17 (5,397 Views)

★★ Guide

i don´t have the time to spend 292 hours playtime.

lucky i bought premium so i can withdraw 25% of that then :D

Message 4 of 17 (5,362 Views)

★★★ Guide
Thank you for doing the math for us. Would you mind doing it with all the other bonus systems as well?

Right now you get a bonus kill for the first kill with every new hero. Then you have 25k bonus exp with every legend. Could you take that into your calculations? The bonus system is reset every week right?
Message 5 of 17 (5,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

if you do the 25.000 bonus for each Legend each week, you completed the pass. That's still a lot of game time, but doable if you play a couple of hours each day.

Message 6 of 17 (5,341 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I noticed that you once you hit level 12 you also get a BP boost with every following level that ends in a 2 (and also at level 89). How do those work exactly? All I know is that they give 2.5% more BP and that they stack with other teammates boosts. Do they continue to apply a bonus until the season is over or do they act as temporary consumables?

If they are permanent then having three players with a level 22 battle pass would mean a 15% bonus which is no joke. Or you can get the 15% on your own by being 62. In the unlikely circumstance that you have three 92+ battle passes on your team, you could even have a 75% boost. But this is assuming they do stay until the season expires.

Can someone clear this up for me? I'm struggling to find an exact answer. The people who do have it don't seem to be talking about it.

Message 7 of 17 (5,311 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Mast3rMirror, One of the Respawn dev Jay comment on this on Reddit and wrote down the math on how long it would take. 

• The battle pass takes approximately ~100 hours if you use the bonuses and get a few kills here and there. Which is a little over 1 hour of in game time per day.
  • For the average player leveraging BP bonuses, leveling Battle Pass 1-100 is faster than Player Level 1-100 by ~25ish hours.
  • You get 6XP/sec for surviving if you have the character bonus going, so that’s 1.3 hours / level if you do literally nothing in the match but live and never do a point of damage ever.
  • The minimum Battle Pass XP you can get from a 20 minute game (assuming you get the character bonus) is 7,200 XP (6/sec *60 * 20min). That assumes you do zero damage, don't top 3, don't play with friends, etc.

/Atic

Message 8 of 17 (5,308 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Mast3rMirror As others have said thanks for the maths, however your figures contain a lot of assumptions that sway towards your bias.

The info put out by EA/ dev in the Reddit post delving into this they've always stated that the approximate hours quoted was based on taking advantage of the bonus XP on offer. On that basis you can earn:

225,000 bonus xp per week by spreading your play across all 9 legends (2,700,000 xp for the 90 days of the pass. This equates to 125hrs game time) 

4,500 bonus xp per day for the first kill with each legend (405,000 xp over the 90 days)

450 xp per day for 9 kills - not bonus xp, just the regular xp you get from completing the above (40,500 xp over the 90 days)

Leaving you with 99,500 XP left to get to max out the pass, at 180xp/min survival = 9hrs 12mins, add this to the 125hrs from bonus characters and you have 134hrs 12mins total or 1hr 30mins per day.

You're totally right in saying that not everyone will utilise all the bonus's on offer, however this doesn't mean that EA has lied to you, that's just how some will choose the play the game.

That said we've not even touched on xp for damage, additional kills, revives, respawns, finish top 3, game wins, kill the champion etc either, not to mention using the friend xp bonus's from level 12 upwards.

I hope this provides a bit of insight from anyone looking for the other side of the coin. For what it's worth i still think the pass is a little hungry for XP, i'd like to either see more challenges or a slight reduction per level - perhaps to 25,000... plus it makes a nice round number that my OCD likes Standard smile

Message 9 of 17 (5,301 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Atic , there is one small problem. 
It will be literally impossible to get all that done if your game is crashing every match. It was fine for one day when you guys issued a hotfix, but now it's somehow worse. 
Every time I crash, I post the apex_crash report. But at this point, I am discouraged to even run the game because my time will be wasted.  

Message 10 of 17 (5,241 Views)