Re: The Toxicity in this Game is unreal.

by dwooten77

Original Post

★ Expert
@ToastedSarnie I like it when it's two good players battling all game...but yeah the teams of 2 to 4 that ruin the lobby and taunt to boot are toxic. I'm a no taunt, gg kind of guy until I see this stuff then I go into * mode. With bots and the difficulty to team switch I have been seeing much less toxic stuff in games.
Message 11 of 17 (870 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The groups that do this have it pretty bad offline and just use it as an escape.  I personally love running into these folk and wish there were more accommodating quotes that suited what I really want to say.  Like “That taste won’t wash out”. 

Message 12 of 17 (858 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@GormeyKnow what you mean - there was often a different feel about taunts from "frenemies" for want of a better word, but I think that often came about through a (sometimes grudging! 🤣) mutual respect for your opponent. The current climate of lobby-ruiners is a different thing altogether, I think.

I agree with @dwooten77 that many of those indulging in that kind of toxic behaviour are releasing frustrations / unhappiness irl, but there's also an increase in kids / young adults behaving in that way who don't have issues - it's an aggressive way of gaming that's come to be seen as the norm because of the way these things are set up. With BFN being aimed at a younger playerbase than most multiplayer shooters, I think it could be doing more to encourage a better way of gaming.

I like the idea of being able to "mute" or skip the post-vanquish emotes / speech of the opposition but still think there are a few expressions that should just be removed altogether.

Added: And the sometimes toxic feel of the public Giddy Park servers needs addressing in some way too - perhaps it could be lessened if abilities were disabled throughout the hub, for example?

Message 13 of 17 (786 Views)

★★ Pro
@Shadowphinx101 I'm not surprised that there are so many toxic players. I strongly believe part of the toxicity comes from the game itself. Its doesnt work very well as a casual game, and it definitely doesn't work competitively, and it just makes players mad. So many problems with the core gameplay elements that i can't even turn my brain off without complaining about something. Reminds me of videos of people's experiences with league of legends.
Message 14 of 17 (758 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I guess Im quite lucky because Ive never met people that taunt/emote on you 

Message 15 of 17 (719 Views)

★ Expert
@Tedit0oBG congrats on never dying once in BFN ha ha.
Message 16 of 17 (677 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Im actually a huge noob

Message 17 of 17 (659 Views)