by Graveyard3377

Original Post

The TIE Bomber just shreds through everything

★★★★ Novice

EA please don't nerf Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (726 Views)

Re: The TIE Bomber just shreds through everything

★★★★★ Apprentice

Even Y-wings. It has better speed and maneuverability, and loads the same heavy weapons. I love it. It's all I fly in Fleet Battles for the Empire. From battle launch to end. I have 2x loadouts. One for the beginning of the match and one for the capital ship assault.

It practically vapes A-wings just blinking at them Standard smile

Message 2 of 7 (623 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't have a problem with the dmg output of the bombers, but with how tanky they can be. A full overloaded clip is mit enough to kill a tanky bomber and I think that's wrong.

Message 3 of 7 (575 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

The TIE Bomber is one of my favorites! Glad I'm not the only one Cool

EA_Joz

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 7 (573 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I personally did not run a lot into bomber only squadrons. Other classes are very much viable and I regularly switch around according to mood and tactical requirements. I like flying bombers, but they are far less maneuverable than fighters and interceptors and tanking only buys you limited time under sustained fire. 

I have seen other people complain about them being overpowered including seasoned veterans, so I may not be experienced enough to properly judge the situation with the limited time I spent online.

Message 5 of 7 (567 Views)

★★ Pro

I messed around with the TIE Bomber and did not get much frags in Dogfight Mode, personally still Prefer X-Wings and TIE Interceptor. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Message 6 of 7 (554 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Reposter wrote:

I messed around with the TIE Bomber and did not get much frags in Dogfight Mode, personally still Prefer X-Wings and TIE Interceptor. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

I'm not using them for dogfighting either and also prefer fighters - which you can also fit nicely for capital ship attacks while appearing to be less of a threat to the enemy who might focus defences on bombers. Sneak in and wreak havoc Wink

But bombers are also fun to fly, try different setups to fit your playstyle better.

Message 7 of 7 (538 Views)