The Stupidest Logic Ever.

by JustCallMeTotal

Original Post

Re: The Stupidest Logic Ever.

Community Manager

@jaydabbler If you are having an issue connecting then this would be a connection issue on your end. We have no control over how your data is being routed to the servers. Just because one app works and another doesn't, does not mean that there is an issue with the app, your ISP will route all traffic differently. What you are experiencing are connection issues and the best thing to do is run through the connection troubleshooting and run a UO Trace. It is also worth speaking with your ISP. 

Darko.png
Message 41 of 49 (896 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

if what you said was true, then restarting the app would not solve the issue. Nor would this issue be prevalent all over the world. between the two wifi connections and cellular data, is two different ISP's for my issue alone.

Message 42 of 49 (891 Views)

Community Manager

@jaydabbler When facing connection issues with an app, restarting the app and creating a new connection is the first suggested step for troubleshooting. If the game works after a restart as you have repeatedly stated then this points to either device issues or connection issues with your ISP. 

Darko.png
Message 43 of 49 (889 Views)

★★ Guide

@jaydabbler They won't listen to us, they think they are the only ones who know anything about tech. I'm not saying I'm an expert by any means. But I do have logic, and as I've used wifi analyzer to see my signal strength, consistency of strength. I've also spoken with my internet provider. I don't have many apps on my device, my device memory is fine, the device software is up to date, the game is up to date. I always close all apps before starting the game, as well as clearing my cache and power cycle it. So, the blame and problem lays clearly with the game. 

Also suddenly, this a problem lots of people are having.. Yet it's our devices, our internet? 

I can can say from my observations it happens mostly when the game is being played at popular times as in, heavy amount of users. I still don't rule out the other way that causes my opponent to win from my dis-connection. 

Message 44 of 49 (869 Views)

★★ Guide

This game was made for mobile devices, phones and tablets..can you say your signal strength is always high when travelling? I can't, so why make a game for mobiles that needs ultimate max of internet signal strength consistency to play? Luckily I only play when at home sat next to the router, so I get that max strength consistency. 

But, it makes no sense on a mobile game that needs high amount of signal - that's, if as EA say it is a connection issue. As I said before in my message above, it can't be as I've checked out all the reasons EA get you to go over, all fine. I've just the issue again, it's Friday morning 7.30am and Internet has no heavy users at this time of day where I am. Yet I lose a game due to internet connection according to the message. 

If if they were to not use so much animation this game would not have so many issues. Animation is nice, but when the game can't work consistently it's poo. 

Message 45 of 49 (832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
Before set 4, I never used to see this connection issue message. Now like many others I see it at least once a day. Since set 4, I've had it happen to me 20 times or more. I lost count after the 10th time I nearly had a heart attack that it occurred to me. You should know I play on two devices. I play on data and wifi and still I get this error message on both devices. There is clearly an issue that EA refuses to acknowledge. Why is this happening so much since the new card set released? You're telling me that it only takes a fraction of a second to be disconnected but I highly doubt my connection was interrupted as no other apps show such interruptions through out the day. IF you're right then why not fix this so that a fraction of a second of disconnected internet doesn't ruin the game. But you know what doesn't make sense is if my wifi stopped working then my phone would use data and therefore not be disconnected. You will also ignore that this truly does only happen when I am about to destroy my opponent. Okay now you can tell me it's my device and I should troubleshoot and not acknowledge anything else I said.
Message 46 of 49 (816 Views)

★ Guide

I am trying hard to get to UL and the frequent disconnects are killing me. Twice now I got to 48 and 4/5 only to get a disconnect. Once I did not lose a star, lost the next match which docked me a star only to not gain a star because I guess the game was holding my penalty star for disconnecting.

Look, it is the game not the internet connection.

Sometimes you get kicked and cannot get back in to the battle Q because you keep getting the disconnected message. You can surf the net and go back to the app only to still be locked out of online in the app. Only resolution that fixes this is force close.

I guess I understand the OP now. The game could do a better job trying to determine if the game bugged out on the player or if the player was running from a loss.

For what it is worth I am on Wifi sitting 4 feet away from the wireless router.

Message 47 of 49 (785 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
How come the streamers stream dosnt drop when this happens? It's because it's a hack. Ea didn't want to ban them. They don't want to refund purchase for pay to win packs
Message 48 of 49 (734 Views)

Community Manager

I am locking this thread as it is entering the realm of conspiracy theory.

If you are seeing an error in relation to your connection then please run through the steps linked previously

Darko.png
Message 49 of 49 (730 Views)