Re: The Squadrons Single Player Campaign

by JamieK81

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@UrbanGlitch wrote:

Watching that video has got me even more excited. One other thing that I’m liking is the lack of focus on main characters (Leia, Luke, Han, etc.) and is instead on the secondary characters with Hera and Wedge. It makes the galaxy feel bigger

I totally agree! The depth of the other characters has always made the Star Wars universe so special. Can't wait to see Hera. 

Message 11 of 32 (1,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Well, here we are. Campaign is now playable. So not much more to talk about, save glitches that will come up in the next few days/weeks/months/years/decades/centuries/millennium/era/eon/eternity’s.

We can watch raw footage live and stuff now, can’t wait to try it myself though.

Message 12 of 32 (1,119 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am super stoked that it's included on EA Play Pro! Although there was nothin on the store page to tell whether it would be included, so bit deceitful there imo...

Regardless, Jedi Fallen Order and Squadrons have paid for themselves! Large smile

Message 13 of 32 (1,108 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I haven't played through much of the Campaign yet, but the Prologue was really fun, and the Controls seem really smooth!

I'm a PC player, and find it a lot easier to use a Gamepad for this game, more than Keyboard and Mouse.

Looking forward to playing more, continuing the Story, and maybe dabbling a bit in Multiplayer to see how it feels Standard smile

- iluminate

[ Edited ]
Champion

Currently grinding through the campaign and I gotta say, I'm really enjoying it!

This is the first flight simulator style game I've actually played so it's been an adjustment,but the games presenting a new challenge for me which is fun.

Loving the graphics and most of all, I've always wanted to engage in dogfights in the star wars universe ever since I watched the first so trilogy so this is a win win all around for me!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 15 of 32 (1,007 Views)

★★★ Guide

My only gripe with the game is that we don't have separate campaigns, they are interconnected and alternate.....i HATE that.

You could have made them their own campaigns, but nope, you went the worse route....you go from rebel to imperial, to rebel, its annoying....the story however is very good......just wish you could have had them separate, telling their own unique stories.

From what i see, its a play once and uninstall and hope for an expansion with more story, otherwise for me, its not worth the price that i would have paid if i didn't have EA Play Pro.

Message 16 of 32 (970 Views)

★★ Pro

Can you earn requisition to unlock Components from the Single Player Campaign?

Message 17 of 32 (961 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Reposter wrote:

Can you earn requisition to unlock Components from the Single Player Campaign?

Nope, i have finished the story campaign and all you get are some epic cosmetic gear......anyway, moving on to other games.....Multiplayer is dull in my opinion.

Message 18 of 32 (934 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I really don't mind the presentation of the campaign, nor that it's just a blown up tutorial.

What I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE is, that one single missclick on the "Restart Story" button instantly deletes your entire progress. No "Are you sure?" let alone a "Are you sure? Are you really really sure?" pop-up, nada.

This is so 1992. But hey, who cares, let's just play it all over. Oh wait, out of a sudden, my HOTAS Stick won't get reckognized again by the game. Guess that's a good thing so I won't have to deal with this embarassing 21% deadzone anymore... 

I mean, EA messing things up hard is nothing new and something I learned to live with, but with this very game, a game I literally waited for 21 years like no game before, it just feels like a force choke on ones balls. I know EA won't care about this, actually I guess they're too busy counting their $$, but if I hadn't vented now, I'd probably died by a sudden aneurysm just a minute ago...

Message 19 of 32 (878 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@JamieK81 I quite like the switching of sides...
Message 20 of 32 (875 Views)