The Soldier.

by PearsonShoota

Original Post

The Soldier.

★★ Apprentice

Playing as Soldier, I am continually frustrated by the ZPG. Its damage is okay it you manage to get a direct hit, but that's made almost impossible by the mind-bogglingly slow projectile speed. The point of Soldier was to fight from the rooftops, right? That's why he has the rocket jump? Then why is my attack so slow? It's basically useless, not to mention that the splash damage is 15. The bean bomb too, it's ridiculous that you either die or get a slap on the wrist.

Message 1 of 5 (400 Views)

Re: The Soldier.

Champion (Retired)

As you rank him up, upgrades become available to make the ZPG's flight faster but that makes no sense to me... you have to upgrade the weapon to make it usable?  Shouldn't the flight always move approximately the same speed as it did in GW1 and GW2 and the upgrade award more damage, a larger damage area, or some type of effect?

Message 2 of 5 (367 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@spIash_damage Yeah, I agree. There are a few other upgrades that some characters get that make me question why they aren't in the base kit, especially if they feel almost mandatory in playing the character. The Ammo Clip upgrade for the Soldier is another one he has that I feel... weird about.
Message 3 of 5 (359 Views)

★ Guide
@PearsonShoota Personally would like to see a nerf from a direct hit and a buff to the splash while increasing the speed in which you fire...along side with some buffs to the character of course, more damage per bullet.
Message 4 of 5 (338 Views)

Recently I feel that current Foot Soldier is stronger than Steam Blaster Scientist... at least for me.

Message 5 of 5 (270 Views)