The Sims in the Origin Access

by IndeBoss

Original Post

The Sims in the Origin Access

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The Sims fan base is huge and TS3 hasn't been updated with a new content for almost 3 years already but still the only available Sims title in the Origin Access is The Sims 3 Starter Pack. It's a well-known fact that it would cost quite a lot to by all the DLC for The Sims 3 so why not be a little humble (I know it sounds a little silly in terms of making profit by such a company) and make all the DLC available for the OA subscribers?

Moreover, I see more and more old games (REALLY old and I bet -- not that much requested) games being added to the Vault but there's still no TS2 (let alone Stories or TS1). It's a shame, in my opinion. You should pay more attention to the Sims players by adding more of their favorite game in the Vault and I'm pretty sure you'll make quite a profit from it.

Looking forward to hearing from the community manager.

Message 1 of 10 (857 Views)

Re: The Sims in the Origin Access

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@IndeBoss

Hi there,

Welcome to the Origin commnunity forums, and thanks for reaching out to us!

I take it that you do like Origin Access, but that as a Sims 3 fan, you would like it to offer more value to you? I currently can't make you any promises about which Sims games or expansions we will be able to add to the Vault. However, I am certainly open to suggestions.

As a big Sims fan, are there any specific games or packs that you would like to see in the Vault? Or perhaps anything not Sims related?

Let me know! 

Message 2 of 10 (823 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

Hi!

Firstly, I wanted to pay attention to a high price for a game (and all the DLC) that was released a big while ago but I guess there's really nothing that can be changed for now.

Secondly, there might be some not Sims related games but I'm here not for that but for the Sims community. I would love to see The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition (with lots of fixed bugs that the Origin version has for some reason). It's such an essential that just must be in the place for EA games. If we're talking about TS3 and it's impossible to make all the DLC's free, I think a few essential EPs should be added to the vault, such as: Generations, Seasons, University Life, Ambitions, and Pets (sorry, cant make this list shorter Wink). I'm sure you should ask more Simmers about this question but I feel like these five are top favorites.

Message 3 of 10 (810 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@IndeBoss

Hi again!

What I can do for you, is send your request about giving Sims 3 some additional love in the Vault up for further review.

In the meantime, I'm curious to hear your opinion on why you consider the EP"s you listed as the essential ones - what makes them must haves for you? Standard smile

Message 4 of 10 (804 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi again!

So I really wonder if there's any progress in this request. Is it still something the Origin team is considering to do?

Message 5 of 10 (735 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@IndeBoss

We've just announced that we will be adding Sims 4 to the Vault.

So, while the request has been forwarded, at this point I want to set a realistic expectation in that I'm not sure if we'll be seeing additional Sims 3 content in the Vault. It's something that I will keep checking on occasionally though.

Message 6 of 10 (732 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, thanks. But what about TS2 Complete Edition? The game is not even sold anywhere now officially. It would be wise to include at least one source of its distribution.

Message 7 of 10 (728 Views)

EA DICE Team

@IndeBoss

It's a request that I can also forward, but I can't make any promises Standard smile

Thanks for reaching out! 

Message 8 of 10 (721 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I will really appreciate if you forwards these requests. Thank you for your time.

Message 9 of 10 (709 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello @IndeBoss and thank you for your interest in both The Sims franchise, and Origin Access subscription program. Just in case, if you might be interested, all the expansion packs for The Sims 4 are on sale now.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 10 of 10 (675 Views)