The Sims 4

by EmmaSimzYT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4

★★ Novice

Hiii! My question is regarding The Sims 4. Whenever I try to startup my game with Origin I get an Unable To Start error message saying that TS4 cannot start do to missing or damaged files etc. Then it gives an error code. How do I fix this?!

Message 1 of 5 (411 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4

Community Manager

Hey @EmmaSimzYT can you share the full error that you are seeing?

I'd recommend repairing your game to see if that helps. To repair a game, open your My Game Library and then find the game tile and right-click on it. From here select repair and Origin will check your installed files for any issues and should it find any fix them.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (386 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @EmmaSimzYT can you share the full error that you are seeing?

I'd recommend repairing your game to see if that helps. To repair a game, open your My Game Library and then find the game tile and right-click on it. From here select repair and Origin will check your installed files for any issues and should it find any fix them.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (387 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi again! I finally got my game to start by repairing it twice. Thank you so much! Happy Simming! <3

Message 3 of 5 (379 Views)

Community Manager

That's great to hear @EmmaSimzYT.

Enjoy your gaming.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (361 Views)

★ Novice

I keep having this same issue.  I have repaired my game every time it pops up, but I am getting sick of it!  It also says the files are corrupted etc if I add in Custom Content from creators I know are reputable.  Is it time to uninstall and reinstall?

Message 5 of 5 (282 Views)