Re: The Sentinel is Garbage! How to buff it.

by hayhor

Original Post

★★★ Pro
@hayhor I would prefer the damage be dropped to 60 and be given a headshot multiplier 2x.

But most importantly, I need something that can snipe at over 500 meters without me having to tilt the gun to the sky to rainbow the project. I neex something that can shot flat and fast to 500m or more that require skill to use but dosent feel seemingly imposdible to use. Something that can use a 20x scope or even 40x scope.
Message 11 of 33 (573 Views)

Champion
@hhnbbfggty66 If a gun shoots flat at 500m how is that skill?
Message 12 of 33 (571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@hayhor

Flat to 250m with some Arch to 500m.

Ability to engage at 700 meters. It would still require skill to predict lead, and projectile speed.

I have used the Sentinel during Armed and dangerous Evolved, and I can say its range is pathetic. I have used it at 200m at cages and have lost duel to Charge rifles and Longbows. The Sentinel range is pathetic for a bolt action rifle. The bullet drop at 100 meter. It should be superior to all snipers at that range. It needs a specified range of supermacy.

And I believe 250m+ should be its range of supremacy. It should be flat to 250 meters.

Range 100m -700m would be nice.

Every Sniper needs a specified range.

Message 13 of 33 (561 Views)

Re: The Sentinel, How to buff it. Increase range to 500 meters plus.

★★★ Guide

The shield charge should not expire. That will be a good start. Otherwise yeah, either needs a slight damage buff, or rate of fire.

Message 14 of 33 (545 Views)

★★★ Expert

It is for sure trash.  At the very least it should have only 1 shield cell to charge not 2

Message 15 of 33 (542 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Honestly if I had my way with the sentinel if would have all the identical stats it has now except;

Secondary fire would be replaced with a base +20% damage to shields, saves faffing around with cells as the guns function is useless if you're carrying one and struggling to find one.

Bullet beginning drop at 200m onwards (500 is a little excessive lol,becomes a no skill sniper like the charge rifle then)

Other than that it's ok I guess. Just another mediocre gimmick weapon, like most of the other new weapons we've had.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 33 (472 Views)

★★ Pro
@hhnbbfggty66 The Sentinel currently has the tightest bullet drop out of every sniper and can deal upto 125 toe damage on a red Evo, it doesn't need a buff. Sure it doesn't have the DPS to compete with the triple take or Longbow, but if you crack a pesky sniper's shield with one shot, you can be certain they'll leave you alone for a bit after that.

Trust me when I say you want to slap a mid-range scope on that bad boy (with an 8x in your inventory) and pair it with a good AR, works wonders.
Message 17 of 33 (451 Views)

Champion

@Extremejinks  Thing is, every sniper can 1 hit an evo if you're aiming for the head....and let's face it, if you're using an sniper you're aiming for the head, or at least you should be.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 18 of 33 (441 Views)

★★ Pro

Well why use any of theese? Wingman outperforms them all with ease Wink

Message 19 of 33 (419 Views)

★ Expert
@matzesingt tfw you get outsniped by a wingman ; n ;
Message 20 of 33 (413 Views)