Re: The Saboteur 10 year Anniversary

by ivrognard

Original Post

The Saboteur 10 year Anniversary

★ Novice

The Saboteur was released on November 19, 2009, almost 9 whole years ago. Since then it has held up to be an all-time favourite of many fans and a classic for the ages. But the development team Pandemic Studios was disbanded shortly after the completion of the game. Many players have noticed some particularly interesting buildings such as the Lorraine castle and after some investigation, and a look at some of the games concept art. It's clear that this was meant to be the location of a top-secret mission. There was also mention that flying was going to be a larger part of the game but I'm somewhat indifferent on that. an unskilled pilot would likely kill more French civilians than Nazi installations but still something cool to think about and a use for the empty airfield.

The whole of Paris is so large that it would be almost impossible for one Saboteur to clear out every single free play target which is why some kind of multiplayer should absolutely be added into the game. Even if it was just Sean and up to 3 nameless french resistant fighters Saboteur online would be a huge hit. The possibilities of fun, strategy, and demolition are limitless. 

Next year on November 19, 2019, it will have been 10 years of drinking, blowing up nazi's, and freeing the French citizens and I can proudly say this game has withstood the test of time and will continue to entertain myself and others for years to come, however. I would strongly suggest some kind of update. At the very least release the Lorraine castle mission and maybe a few new toys for Sean to keep the Krauts on their toes. 

Message 1 of 10 (4,288 Views)

Community Manager

@Real_SeanDevlin It's one of my all time favourite games, I've pumped hundreds of hours into it across multiple platforms and one I revisit on an almost yearly basis. The way it pays tribute to so many classics spy thrillers, as well as real events, is fun and Sean Devlin is one of gaming's great creations. Believe it or not but Devil is supposedly based on a real individual called William Grover-Williams who was a spy recruited by the Special Operations Executive to build and help the French Resistance, I know that there was a film in development about him not so long ago.

I think that I may have to reinstall The Saboteur and give it another go, it's genuinely a stunning piece of work as you can see in the gif.

Image result for the saboteur gif

/darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (4,243 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Have never played this game. Maybe one day I will lol

Message 3 of 10 (4,232 Views)

Community Manager

@DeBosquez It's well worth giving a go, one of those gems that managed to slip through the cracks for many people. 

At the minutes it's quite cheap on Origin, it's 5 euro where I am and honestly is worth every cent: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/saboteur/the-saboteur/interstitial

If you do give it a go, let me know what you think of it.

/darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 10 (4,223 Views)

@EA_Darko i had a feeling that the character was based on a real life person. Thanks for the confirmation. So many SOE agents lost their lives during the war. Most of those stories are still unknown...Frown

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 10 (4,211 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have Origins Premier I think it's included. I'll probably try it out later on

Message 6 of 10 (4,203 Views)

@DeBosquez it's a great game, vastly under-rated. It may appear as any open-world game out there, but it has a solid story, a progression that you do not see in most modern open world games and a nice soundtrack. Solid voice-acting, too. 

Pandemic did a good job when they did The Saboteur. Sadly, the game underpeformed in sales, this leading in the end to the studio's closure (well, it was one of the factors that led to that)

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 7 of 10 (4,197 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Real_SeanDevlin I'm just dying to see if The Saboteur will ever be Remastered or if any plans will be announced soon for it. Especially if that lost "top secret" were to be added in a remastered version and the Midnight show dlc included.

However, (this is just my opinion) I don't agree with multiplayer being added to a Remastered version of this game if EA ever decides to remastered it. To me, this would just ruin the entire single-player experience and it should stay that way.
Message 8 of 10 (3,849 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Jazz4Ever1929 I'm not aware of any current plans to remaster the game but I did recently play through it again on PC and it really stands up. It remains one of my favourite games on the last-gen and I'd love to play through a full HD remaster on current or next-gen consoles.   

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 10 (3,814 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello All,

Check out my YouTube Channel for gameplay content (Including the DLC) on The Saboteur at :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC85BDNZGNOsB9-v-28mIzqw?

Message 10 of 10 (3,748 Views)