The Portal Editor and the 4k 60FPS Maps - Are we happy?

by CyberDyme

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Portal Editor and the 4k 60FPS Maps - Are we happy?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Just a screenshot of the Portal toolbox!

BF2042Portal-TheEditor.jpg

Are we happy?

Personally I had hoped for that more than just 6 of the old classic maps would be included from the get go.  But fingers crossed that more will be added along the journey!

And all the options for us to play around with in the editor are truly fantastic!

Now we just need to understand the details on how we can establish the portal servers to have a more stable/permanent foothold to build a community around them.  Aside from that...

Really cool is that the map design engineers have indeed made some great work for us here, as the remastering means that all these maps will now be shown at 4k resolution at 60FPS on the new gen consoles.  Can't wait to put my boots back on the ground on Noshahr Canals!  It's gonna be epic!

Message 1 of 31 (671 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Portal Editor and the 4k 60FPS Maps - Are we happy?

★★★★★ Expert

Diving one level down into the Portal Game Designer engine room, here in the advanced settings we can program our own logic controls of the game flow and events, including the weather conditions.  So looks like we also here can disable the tornados on the new maps when we start to be too tired of them.

Thank you EA for leaving us the many nice toys to play with in the sandbox!  :o)

PortalAdvancedLogicEditor.jpg

View in thread

Message 4 of 31 (655 Views)

All Replies

These are the top maps from each game and have been fully reworked so I'm pretty happy with what we have - Almost certain Ripple will be able to provide more as the months/years go by - I'm already foaming at the mouth just thinking of all the crazy potential Vietnam stuff (drools in Hamburger Hill).

If it's anything like previous titles, we should get some sort of like/favourite system so the best of the best will remain in the browser. The ability to save presets and add them at will is fantastic too

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 31 (663 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@CyberDyme 💯Happy!

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 31 (656 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Diving one level down into the Portal Game Designer engine room, here in the advanced settings we can program our own logic controls of the game flow and events, including the weather conditions.  So looks like we also here can disable the tornados on the new maps when we start to be too tired of them.

Thank you EA for leaving us the many nice toys to play with in the sandbox!  :o)

PortalAdvancedLogicEditor.jpg

Message 4 of 31 (656 Views)

★★ Expert

Damn 🤣 

After quitting BF a year ago, I actually decided to stop playing PC games. But those 6 maps could actually make me change my mind. Now add a new working AC and private servers (not community servers) and we are back in business.🥳

Message 5 of 31 (633 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@SirBobdk Switch to Xbox like me 🙂
Message 6 of 31 (589 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@CyberDyme My guess is that more maps will be included over time - just to keep it fresh & interesting
Message 7 of 31 (584 Views)

★★ Expert

@VOLBANKER_PC 

I`m to old to learn new tricks. 🤣
Cant figure out how to play with a controller and it feels wrong imo.

Message 8 of 31 (575 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@SirBobdk Wait to see if they announce K&M support for consoles!
Message 9 of 31 (568 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@SirBobdk wrote:

Damn 🤣 

After quitting BF a year ago, I actually decided to stop playing PC games. But those 6 maps could actually make me change my mind. Now add a new working AC and private servers (not community servers) and we are back in business.🥳

Hi @SirBobdk ,

Great points with the portal is that it appears as the server designer/owner also have access to some kind of admin panel while it is live with players in game, and kick/ban options are available there!   I havent seen yet if the server designer/owner can share this ‘admin access’ with a group of trusted players to function as co-admins, but can only assume so.  But that will essentially give us the same function then as we had on aka rented servers on BF4 , which allowed us to kick off/ban players we observed going ‘rogue’….  

The server design editor enables you to set up and run the server as private.  Including setting it up requiring a password to join it if you will, so think you have all you ask for there.   Coming back in business yet?  😃🥳💥

Message 10 of 31 (563 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help