Re: The PeaceKeeper should have never been made part of the loot pool again

by ThiccccQuava

Original Post

The PeaceKeeper should have never been made part of the loot pool again

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I my opinion the peacekeeper should have stay in the care packages only. It does more damage than the other shotguns in game  As it is it needs some type of nerf. 

Most of my deaths so far it is are to a peacekeeper.

Message 1 of 63 (943 Views)

Betreff: The PeaceKeeper should have never been made part of the loot pool again

★★★ Guide
@HopesKunai then take it too and kill some guys
Message 2 of 63 (937 Views)

Champion
@HopesKunai Ah I have been waiting for this thread since they announced it was coming back. So many mastiff complainers kept talking about how the mastiff was better than the PK and all I could think was how short people's memories were. R99/PK was meta for a long long time.
Message 3 of 63 (935 Views)

★★★ Pro
@hayhor

Yes. And it will be the same should the prowler be in the floor loot pool again. There was a reason why that was taken out.
I wanted to experience it before talking about it. And I think it needs a nerf.
Message 4 of 63 (919 Views)

★ Guide

@HopesKunai I have had the opposite experience tbh. I found that the power of the PK is pretty iffy and I will still take an eva over it. Honestly I think the real winner in the shotgun meta is the Mozam. 6 shots did wonders for it and is a nice side arm in arena.  

Message 5 of 63 (913 Views)

★★★ Pro
@ThiccccQuava

Perhaps. I have not experienced the mozambique yet. Not too many people use it.
It was a game breaker with hammerpoints in S8.
Message 6 of 63 (899 Views)

★ Expert
@HopesKunai I like that it's ground loot now so shotgun users have more options and I wouldn't be surprised if I die to peacekeeper users right now cause a lot of people love using it.

Now regarding if PK is stronger than Mastiff. It's really hard to tell. With PK you have more pellets that needs to hit and lower ammo so it kinda makes sense it would deal more damage compared to Mastiff. Whether it does way too much damage is something I can't really say at the moment.
Message 7 of 63 (883 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Daze623

Sure, one more gun, one less that isn't the issue.
I feel like it is hard to counter because of the high damage it does at close range as compared to the other shotguns.
I have found this online. not sure is very accurate, or updated. the search reported an update 2 days ago... when S9 was released.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/apex-legends-best-guns-tier-list-weapon-stats
Message 8 of 63 (866 Views)

★ Expert
@HopesKunai The problem with nerfing PK's damage is that it would absolutely tilt the favor to Mastiff. Right now they both have trade offs on what makes them better than the other.
PK has a higher damage but a lower RPM, a smaller magsize and you have to reload the whole chamber which can mean the difference between winning a fight.
Mastiff on the other hand may lose to PK damage wise but it's compensated by a faster RPM,bigger magsize,you can reload 1 bullet at a time, and you can tap ADS to choke the spread.
So in conclusion PK is a gun that you must win as fast as possible but a prolonged shotgun fight Mastiff would win.
Message 9 of 63 (845 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Daze623

They could balance both, or just place them both back in the care packages.
Why not making a distinction between PUBS where both guns drop as now, and Ranked, where they are both in care package?
Message 10 of 63 (840 Views)