Re: The Origin Access Discussion Thread

by Straatford87

Original Post

★★ Pro

@Straatford87 I was so excited to upgrade this! Standard smile already got into matches on the Death Star, thanks for upgrading Battlefront vault version, you are awsome!

Speaking on upgrading games I have a question about Dragon Age Inqusition, correctly I have the trial version since I only play multyplayer in this title until I finish the older Dragon Age games, the Origin Access version is Deluxe, do my progress from the trial carry over to the Origin Access version?

Message 11 of 29 (582 Views)

EA DICE Team

@mathematics654

Glad you are enjoying it!

And yes, the progress will carry over to the full game Standard smile

Message 12 of 29 (577 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have to say I'm surprised at the "scam" and "limited vault" complaint, considering the vault has some of EA's biggest titles in there (some ultimate editions too) and some are even quite recent. Add in the fact that The Sims 4, Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 are being added over the next 2 or 3 months that "limited" vault really isn't bad at all for £20 a year.

Message 13 of 29 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Last time access was promoted, I um and ah, just not so sure if I should take the plunge and opt in for a year.  I'm mean on the surface, £20 it is dam good value, but In saying that,  there are not many games that are geared towards me. 

The games on the  list that do  interest me, This war ..., Dead Space, Sim City 4 [the best city builder game!], Mass Effect1/2, Mirrors Edge, Dead Space 1/2, etc, Pony Island, Orwell [WHAT??? Pony Island/Orwell here on origin ! Shock ! Now that's what I like to see! EA GREAT indie games!.  Well, I already purchased all these games on steam with a serious discount.

I don't understand why people would say its a scam.  Why would It be?  Do they believe Access is a way of forking out money in order to demo a game?   Even so,  if they enjoyed the game, they would be entitled to 10% discount.  {idk if this 10% discount stacks with any additional promo]  Access would be good for people, with minimum income, it would allow a greater selection of starter games for them to play and if they really enjoyed playing their favorite they could purchase with 10% discount.

The only reason that I might have signed up, if all Sims 4 expansion/stuff dlc were included within that yearly subscription.  That's what put me off. 

Anyway, boast time,  I shuffle off and sift thru my 2.5k steam game collection ....  Oh EA any VR/Vive games on the  horizon? Nerd 

Go on tell me ALL sims 4 dlc is included and upcoming VR games, I join in a flash Game controller

Message 14 of 29 (543 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Belisha_Beacon @Kenny32673 @mathematics654 @Red_Hood_1810 @Babyhuehnchen @Kenziiko

More updates! Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Sims 4, Oxenfree and Rebel Galaxy will be coming to Origin Access soon. Check it out here:

https://www.ea.com/news/coming-soon-to-access-summer-2017

Message 15 of 29 (539 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Straatford87

Seems like a good time to jump in and get an annual membership. I just want to know if there is a way to change the subscription method mid subscription. For eg, if I pay using one credit card and later remove that card while Origin Access is still active, will it get automatically charged on the new card? Or will I need to wait for the sub to end and then renew it using the new card?

I will buy it just for Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1, though I am terrible at shooters in multiplayer...Party hatParty hat

Message 16 of 29 (529 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just want to know if there is a way to change the subscription method mid subscription. For eg, if I pay using one credit card and later remove that card while Origin Access is still active, will it get automatically charged on the new card? Or will I need to wait for the sub to end and then renew it using the new card?

You can change the payment method at any point during an existing subscription and the new method will be used the next time a payment is due.

You can change it by clicking EA Account and Billing within Origin which will open up your browser and take you to your account page. Click on Origin Access on the left hand side and you'll see the option to change your payment method there. Or here is a direct link if you prefer: https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/subscription/index

Message 17 of 29 (521 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Yes Standard smile I love Battlefield 1 (have on Xbox) and I would love having it on PC since my Xbox internet is slow, and I not able to buy DLC on Xbox, maybe I will on PC (I want In The Name of Tsar) 

Titanfall 2 is also very good, I had the trial and can't wait for this to enter!

As for The Sims 4, I have it, but I will upgrade to the Digital Deluxe

I LOVE Origin Access Standard smile

Message 18 of 29 (520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@HaysiFantayze wrote:

idk if this 10% discount stacks with any additional promo

To answer this, yes (with one or two exceptions with certain titles) the 10% Origin Access discount stacks on top of sale discounts etc. The 10% discount is off whatever the current price is.

So for example if a £39.99 game is on a 50% sale it's not simply 50% + 10% = 60% discount (which would make it £15.99)

It would be £39.99 full price, £19.99 on sale, then it will get a further 10% Origin Access discount off that £19.99 making it £17.99.

Funnily enough Titanfall 2 is one of the exceptions that doesn't get the 10% Origin Access discount. I wonder if that will change once it's in the vault @Straatford87?

Message 19 of 29 (516 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Red_Hood_1810

It seems that @Kenny32673 already got to you - cheers! :-)

@mathematics654

I'm still super happy to hear that you're enjoying it so much Standard smile

@Kenny32673

In regards to the discount for Titanfall 2, that's actually a great questions! I will chase that up for you.

UPDATE: Titanfall 2 will still not be included in any of the Origin Access benefits, such as the discount, when it enters the Vault.

Cheers,

Message 20 of 29 (507 Views)