by Straatford87

Original Post

Highlighted

The Origin Access Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

FAQ_hero_3600x900_v2.jpg

Hi all,

Origin Access is a great way to play and try out new games. It's also a great discussion topic!

Feel free to discuss anything about the Vault games in this topic. Additionally, what are your favorite Vault titles? And what are you hoping to see in the Vault next?

And lastly, any available Origin Access news will also be added in this topic.

Message 1 of 29 (1,233 Views)

Re: The Origin Access Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Yes finally discussion @Straatford87 you probobly know already how much I love Origin Access!

My fav titles correctly in the vault are:

1. Battlefield Hardline, I love playing detective and searching for clues about cases
  2. Simcity 2013, espassialy with the Amusement park set, I bould city with huger tourist area with Amusement park, Studium, Dinosoar, huge low density shopping area and of cause, Nissan Leaf station, I don;t want polltion around my park!
  3. Mass Effect (correctly the first, after it I will start the 3rd) I love the driving part, this make the 1st game special, since the 2nd don't have driving on other planets, I love the Mass Effect franchise in general, great story!
  4. FIFA 17, I already played it on Xbox but now I playing it again, can't wait for 18!
  5. Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012, great multiplayer, I like is separted for the Single player, I also like the 2015 game

The are lot more titles I love, such as Dragon Age, Paggle and C&C 3

The title I want in the vault the most is Spore, I heard this game is awesome and I want to try it, I would love if it added to the vault.

Message 2 of 29 (1,224 Views)

EA DICE Team

@mathematics654

Yep - this thread is partially for you! I know how much you love Origin Access.. :eahigh_file:

Message 3 of 29 (1,209 Views)

★★ Novice

As an avid Sims player who came across the option to join Origin Access while shopping for a expansion pack for the Sims 4, I can't help but feel it's a scam. The short overview that comes up while your shopping and tells you that you can play full games with your membership fails to mention this "vault" has a very limited selection. And guess what... NO REFUNDS!!! Instead of expanding my interest in other EA franchises and a continued membership it eliminated any desire I had to purchase anything else. Ever.

Message 4 of 29 (1,180 Views)

Champion (Retired)

To be honest, i am not the biggest fan of subscribtion services, thats why i mostly buy everything directly, but origin access is actually something i might look into at some point, looks cool and interesting.

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

Cd-info-box.png

Message 5 of 29 (1,165 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hey @Straatford87,

Thanks for making this thread about Origin Access. The collection of games is great and I hope it keeps expanding. Just wanted to confirm if there is any chance of a game being removed from the Vault once it has been added? I will be more concerned about the 3rd party games.

I would love to see older titles added to the game, especially the ones which are hard to find like Need for Speed Most Wanted (2005) and other older games in the series. 

@Kenziiko made a post on the Origin Access page as well about how it was not clear to them that Origin Access is non refundable. While I can see that mentioned on the FAQ page, I believe it is not very clear and a player should be reminded of this when making payment. I suggest there be a tiny window within which you can cancel your sub and get your money back. Keep it small, like 2 or 3 days, and make it so that this option is limited to prevent players from misusing the feature. I am sure Origin team can come out with something that works in similar way.

Message 6 of 29 (1,155 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Kenziiko

Hi,

I've taken a look for you and it's fixed. Please see my reply, here. It's not a scam, it just seems that you were missing some information. Based on your feedback, we'll do our best to keep things crystal clear.

@Red_Hood_1810

Hi,

Yes, a game can be removed from the Vault once it's been added. It's very rare for that to happen though. As you mentioned, it could potentially happen to a third-party title if the developer asks us to remove it from the Vault (after a certain period).

@Babyhuehnchen

I'm exactly the same way, but I personally believe the value of Origin Access is amazing. Especially if you're on a budget, it's a great way to get your hands on plenty of games.

Message 7 of 29 (1,137 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Straatford87

I hope that if a game is removed from The Vault for any reason, a new game is added to replace it in the same genre. Thumbs up

Message 8 of 29 (1,127 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Red_Hood_1810 @Babyhuehnchen @Kenziiko @mathematics654

Battlefront just received a Vault upgrade - it's now the Ultimate Edition!

Message 9 of 29 (1,098 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Straatford87

Neat... I am sure stormtroopers are dancing on the Death Star.

Message 10 of 29 (1,092 Views)