The Orchard Music Claimed

by q4yzer

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The Orchard Music Claimed

★ Novice

Hello i am new youtuber usually i play apex legends but on my some video The Orchard Music Claimed the Original Apex legends Music ??

claimant : The Orchard Music On behalf of: EA Music

CONTENT :

Apex Legends: Main Theme - Stephen Barton

Message 1 of 7 (858 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Orchard Music Claimed

★★★★★ Apprentice
Fair use does fall under streams, but unfortunately, almost all music at any amount of time is up for copyright claims. Easiest way to avoid this issue, is to just remove the music from the game. If you still want music playing, there are plenty of free, no copyright songs and sounds that can be found at various sites with a simple google search.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (779 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

i have also got the claim .. i am also a new youtuber ..dont  konw why i was got copyright while i was playing apex live in youtube.

Message 2 of 7 (819 Views)

★ Novice
They Are Scam and we need to rise our voice against this i searched alot about this matter.. go what you can do and i will go what can i do just do the thing if it worked i will do the same aswell
Message 3 of 7 (797 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Don't want to teach anyone how to suck eggs, but i'm seeing this pop up more and more and have a little experience of having a video claimed due to some music in a totally awesome and not at all cringe no scope montage I made a while back.

Copyright is a bit of a minefield but the reality is that EA own the rights to that music as they either paid for it to be made or paid for those rights from the artist/company who made the music, so don't want you potentially profiting off their work.

It's kind of a raw deal as technically you're promoting their product by streaming - and it's a free to play game, so its no like anyone is visiting your stream because that's the only place they'll be able to hear that music- but that's the current state of YouTube.

In some counties there are some cases where using someone else's work could be ok, such as if you're making a commentary, or parodying a works, which is known as fair use. I'm not sure if live streaming constitutes fair use -it will probably depend on a case by case basis, my advice would be to contact YouTube support and state your case.

If there are any other YouTube/Twitch content creators (as i don't think this is a YouTube exclusive issue) that have more recent experience of having a video claimed or strikes - feel free to add or correct based on your experiences.
Message 4 of 7 (788 Views)

★ Novice

i don't want to own the Credit or the Rights of the real owner but i just want to know one thing EA Paid for the Music then EA has rights to do that not the 3rd party i think EA don't Even know that they are claiming EA Music Because EA are the real owners and they made a free to play game thousand of peoples playing this game day by day they will also get this problem so i want to know that EA want to use this music Free to use or not Because i will not accept any 3rd party because they got paid for their work !!!

Message 5 of 7 (782 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Fair use does fall under streams, but unfortunately, almost all music at any amount of time is up for copyright claims. Easiest way to avoid this issue, is to just remove the music from the game. If you still want music playing, there are plenty of free, no copyright songs and sounds that can be found at various sites with a simple google search.
Message 6 of 7 (780 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@q4yzer it's possible that EA hire a 3rd party to deal with this on their behalf and aren't directly involved.

Since making this post I have found the following info which specifically mentions YouTube and fair use:

Using materials from EA games

EA appreciates the passion that players have for our games, and we're always excited to see the creativity that comes from our community. EA does not object to fair uses of video footage or screenshots on video sharing sites, including YouTube channels that are commercialized, as long as the footage is a version of the game that we have released to the public.

We do reserve the right to address any inappropriate use of EA content. Additionally, because many EA games include content that is licensed from a third-party company or may otherwise have usage restrictions, paired with the large number of video-related questions we get from the community, we aren’t able to grant specific approvals or respond to all follow-up inquiries.

[Source: help.ea.com]

If there is a 3rd party managing this for EA they might have gotten a bit trigger happy on the claims.

Message 7 of 7 (773 Views)