Re: The Old Ways announcement discussion

by ThatCryptoUser

Original Post

★ Guide
@ColdHours In my opinion, if it pisses you off so much, maybe you shouldnt spend all your time and money on collecting. Buy a skin only if it makes you genuinely stand back and say "This skin is so cool, I love this skin." And not just for the purpose of it being exclusive and flexing on other people that missed it for whatever reason. Personally for myself I'm excited about the return of exclusives because I played on PC since the release of season 1, but only this christmas got my very first ps4. Now I play only on ps4, and my Jade Tiger skin for Octane (the best skin he's gotten) is just sitting on my pc account, because accounts cant be transferred... Collecting to flex is a bad way to spend your time and money and it's kind of your own fault. Buy things only if you think they're so cool, you would genuinely regret not getting them in the long run.
Message 31 of 46 (754 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@SorryWeDiedThis is beginning to be all too funny. Some seem to be missing the main point that has been stated. These are exclusive events that take place with exclusive skins. Meaning if you weren't there unfortunate as it is then that's how it happens to go. I take the time to check in on this game when time allows. In doing so have had the opportunity at gaining limited time items. There have been times where I couldn't afford some and missed out. BUT I don't go on to beg for something to come back that was a missed opportunity. It happens. Life happens. Why should I be selfish and ask for something when time has passed.

The world works the same way. Anything that is limited time is exactly that. Limited. So either you're there or your not. The concept is pretty simple. By ones own logic if you're not there to spend the time or money it's kinda your own fault. You know there's no account transfer. So pick a system and play it. They don't owe you a thing because you decided to switch systems.

I said my piece before when talking to another forum member that I know as he does me. For the rest of you jumping in on a discussion between two people that was unsolicited I care not to squabble and waste my time on. There is no need to answer and defend an opinion I had to entertain the narrow mindedness on a simple concept one cannot grasp. 

Message 32 of 46 (716 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

The word exclusive in no way means a one time thing. It literally means to exclude, which it has been, and still is this time by making it a purchasable item. It can't be earned for free nor is it freely given ergo exclusive.

Exclusive and limited are not to be confused lol.

That being said it has been repeatedly stated that these skins would come back into circulation at some stage, and here they are.

Our opinions matter little on the subject, it is what it is.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 33 of 46 (688 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@MandatoryIDtag (sigh) I'm just done with this whole discussion. Quite frankly I could care less at this point.

Message 34 of 46 (684 Views)

Champion

@ColdHours  That's cool, i wasn't continuing the discussion just stating it as it is lol. Tongue out

You've got as much right to your opinion as they do theirs lol. None of it matters in respawns eyes though. Nerd

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 35 of 46 (671 Views)

★ Guide
@ColdHours Hm, you don't care and yet you felt the need to incorrectly respond and tell people off. I didn't beg for the exclusive skins to come back, didn't even ask for it because I didn't know it was a possibility. I didn't say I was mad that I don't have the skins on my playstation account, or that I expected them to compensate for my decision to switch platforms. I simply said I was grateful for the skins' return, since nothing transferred. You should chill the hell out, others can respond when you post on a public forum. Loosen up, have a drink, and unclench your butt. You're not the only one who's allowed to have an opinion.
Message 36 of 46 (642 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_David Super excited. I'm glad you guys brought back some cool skins I wasn't around for. Keep up the good work!

Message 37 of 46 (597 Views)

★ Novice

Will bloodhound 's heirloom be available to purchase during his takeover event ?

Message 38 of 46 (570 Views)

★ Guide
@KingLeo3420 They didnt do anything like that when Wraith's Voidwalker event came around, so I highly doubt they would for Bloodhound. However, every 500 apex packs you are guaranteed enough heirloom shards to purchase an heirloom. That's permanent, as of now.
Message 39 of 46 (550 Views)

★ Novice

I was hoping the devs would maybe try making it up to the day ones for releasing it originally at such an outrageous price 

Message 40 of 46 (543 Views)