The Movies, TV and Music thread

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: SPOILER ALERT!!! Alien Covenant thread.

EA DICE Team

Have not seen both, but they are on my to-watch list Standard smile

Yesterday I checked out "The Circle" on Netflix - it's a highly relevant movie in today's society so I would recommend to check it out. It also has Tom Hanks in it, so that instantly makes it a good movie for me.. :D

Message 91 of 102 (638 Views)

★ Guide

Relaxing with the wife watching How I Met Your Mother. Trying to finish the series, we had to start over because we almost finished it a while back but never did.

Message 92 of 102 (630 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ivrognard

WW is on the list, but Despicable Me 3 will beat it in this weeks family polling I'm afraid.  Wink

As for Ghost in the Shell, I agree, it is visually very impressive, I also liked how Scarlet interpreted the character.

All in all a good movie, albeit I am not a die-hard fan of the universe.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 93 of 102 (622 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello everyone! To jump right in. I`ve just finished The 100, Season 4. It was good, much better, than the previous one. This show can be really good sometimes. Now watching The Last Man on Earth, Season 3. A cool mix of comedy and drama in post-apocalyptic world form some of the best creators in Hollywoo right now. Still great. And also watching Fear the Walking Dead Season 3. In fact, this spin-off is even better, than the original one.  

Archi.png
Message 94 of 102 (599 Views)

@EA_Archi  i love The 100. When you think that you've got it figured out, the show changes everything. Keeps you glued to the TV and never let you go. Good or great story arcs, actors that are doing an awesome job giving life to their characters and a nice post-apocalyptic feel. 

As for Walking Dead series and spin-off, i was unfortunate to read the comic-books (and still reading them) and could not enjoy those properly (the comic-books are so much better). Walking Dead lost me at season 2 and season's 3 beginning wasn't that great either. It was like they've ran out of funds and the mediocre story arcs did not help much to keep me there. 

I am waiting for another whacky show, namely Z Nation. That one...that is an aquired taste. It was so bad that it was hillarious. But in time, it kind of became the zombie show to go to. If you can stomach the initial 5-6 episodes, you might end up being hooked when the first season ends. Happened to me and to quite a few people that had the audacity to stick with it. As a fair warning: don't get too attached of the characters. All are fair game in Z Nation's version of the Apocalypse.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 95 of 102 (588 Views)

So...managed to finish one nice anime: Saga of Tanya The Evil. To be honest, from the poster and the few trailers i've seen, i did not expected much. But what a ride it was. If you are fishing for a good anime this year, this one kind of beats whatever came in the first half of the year. A WW1 that started later, a world where the magic exists and a salaryman reincarnated in a tiny little girl as punishment from God. What comes out is a show that will keep you glued to whatever you use when watching TV (armchair, sofa, whatever).

This anime has something that most people would hate instantly: no heroes, presents quite well the ugliness of war, there are no good or bad guys, a fight between an atheist human being and a divinity and a few other "niceties". But at the same time it has a charm that attracts you and makes you want to watch one more episode, until you've realized that you watched all the 12 episodes and the night was gone. It leaves you wanting to see more of the adventures of our anti-hero(ine) and find out how this battle between man and divinity ended. Hoping for a new season, as the material is plenty (7 light novels and 1 manga, without an english translation, sadly).

You can see this english subbed at Crunchyroll and from what i understand Funimation has an english dub on their streaming channel (sadly unavailable to europeans, but if you are from US and prefer dubbing, that's probably the place to go)

If you've already seen it, i would love to hear your opinions.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 96 of 102 (571 Views)

@EA_Archi wrote:

post-apocalyptic  

Am I the only one who thinks this theme is a bit overused in present days?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 97 of 102 (565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi all Standard smile @Straatford87 @ivrognard@DarkBanishing @EA_Archi @holger1405,

I think I like this kind of movies because I have read 2 times the whole Jules Verne collection..With his books I grew up, and when I got ,big, ( in years) I read them again.WinkFor me,a good movie is INTERSTELLAR. has a lot to say about our environment. Taking place in a near future where the planet is no longer sustainable for human life, scientists and astronauts are selected to travel on a one-way mission to find potentially inhabitable planets for humanity to relocate to.I liked the message, I liked the science-fiction, I liked the music, I liked how the movie looked. Thumbs up Though at this time it's an outdated movie.

Also The Postman (1997), an exceptional movie after me. The message in "America" and "Jericho", two other unfairly minimized films, that a great nation can even survive a Holocaust by force of seemingly weak and insignificant people, can not leave you insensitive. The Postman's army, the nonviolence, popped up by The Postman, brings people trust and hope. Kevin Costner in a role to his: convincing and natural. His opponent Will Patton is also very good. A movie that must definitely be watched.

As for horror films, I do not really see such a thing at all, not at allFingers crossed   But The Descent (2005) it is a movie worth watching.

A successful horror, featuring two fear-causing components, the first concerns the fear of being stuck underground in a cave that would kill any claustrofob and the second, which is also the underlying idea of the film, frightening creatures living in the depths . Another thing I noticed is the fact that it is one of the few movies that will not have men as protagonists, is practically a "girl showdown"Standard smile

I also watched Covenant, a good movie. Androids or AI (if they have decision-making power, then we are finished Disappointed) are not compatible with people. I think this is the final message.Angel

About SF films and Heroes with dedicated actors (Old and new), I've seen them,almost all Thinking (Star Wars,Spider Man,Superman with these films I grew up- they have put their mark on me, these type of movies Wink)

My favorite series now is The Walking Dead. A well-done series, slow serial but tense in key moments, first-hand tricks and make-ups.

NOTE Now, do not understand that I only read Jules Verne Standard smilehe liked most. I have read several hundred books (I could not say for sure how many-  oover 200 anyway -alexandre dumas,karl may,sven hassel ,isaac asimov (sf) etc,etc almost everything about the UFO, the Bermuda Triangle, ancient extinct civilizations,about our Moon etc etc.)

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

Retired champion.
Message 98 of 102 (557 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@holger1405 Yes. This theme is definitely overrated. I guess it is easier and cheaper to film movies this way. I am looking forward for the new Dune movie, hope it`s going to be awesome.

@ivrognard I`ve watched two seasons of The Z  Nation. Good series, still trying to jump back. This hillarious zombies approach is something modern TV can definitely use more.    

@yahel_1 I love your show selection BTW. Watched all of them, besides Jericho. This show was brought down so quickly by the studio, but all the reviews were generally good. 

Archi.png
Message 99 of 102 (523 Views)

@yahel_1  can i convince you to READ The Postman?!Standard smile

The book is so much better than the movie. I always hoped that David Brin would wtire a sequel, but sadly it did not happened so far.

Message 100 of 102 (519 Views)