Re: The Movies, TV and Entertainment thread

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

I hope they find nice people to play. And they must to show a really good chemistry between Geralt and Yen, otherwize it will be a failure.

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 61 of 102 (583 Views)

Hero

I'd be fine with it if they skipped the Geralt story and made a series about the PFI, band of Brothers style.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 62 of 102 (572 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Ha-ha. No, I can't agree with you, Fred. Geralt deserves to be represented on screens. After that they can make a PFI spin-off. 

I'm eager to see Wild Hunt and their home and Kaer Morhen. Where to find right castle? 

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 63 of 102 (567 Views)

@Fred_vdp

@Fred_vdp wrote:

Anyone else excited about the upcoming Netflix series based on The Witcher?

It's based on the books and Sapkowski (author) is involved as creative consultant. Oscar winning director Tomek Baginski, who directed the intro cinematics of the video games, will direct some episodes. Baginski was originally turning this into a movie but figured it would work better as a series.

That is really interesting. Now I only need to play the series before this series starts. Embarrassed

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 64 of 102 (557 Views)

Hero

@Holger1405 If you haven't read the books, I'd start there, because that's what the TV show will be based on. They're excellent reads. I'm now going through The Lady of the Lake, which is the last one in the main series. It's absolutely perfect for a TV adaptation.

I wonder if they'll cover all the short stories. It may be best if they delve into the main novel saga as soon as possible. It could feel a bit disjointed otherwise.

Message 65 of 102 (549 Views)

★★ Pro

IMHO i find for the most part Netflix ends up doing a great job on their series.I mean maybe it may be just me but the DareDevil series was awesome . Vincent Phillip D'Onofrio just nailed his King pin character and all the rest did as well. With Netflix,s current good standing record i would think they will do it justice.

Message 66 of 102 (536 Views)

Re: The Movies, TV and Music thread

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Straatford87 wrote:

Hi all,

By popular demand, I am excited to open this thread where you can discuss the other main forms of entertainment outside of gaming: Movies, TV and Music.

Note: since this topic is considered off-topic for Answers HQ, it will be moderated with a zero tolerance policy. If you've got any questions, then make sure that you familiarize yourself with our rules & guidelines. Additionally, make sure that you use a Spoiler tag when appropriate - we don't want to spoil the fun of others!

With that out of the way... jump in and chat with other players to discuss what keeps you busy when you're not gaming.

Enjoy!

Hi Tom,

I'm confused and I'm hoping you can help

I just paid a pre-order for Mass Effect Andromeda: Lost Ark (audiobook)

https://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/Mass-Effect-Andromeda-The-Lost-Ark-Audiobook/B07198KM1V

The release date that Audible is giving me is December 5th 2017 (fineFrown).

However, Chapters.indigo.ca  https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/mass-effect-lost-ark/9781470821630-item.html

Has a release date of July 3rd / 2017,

I've also seen a release date of  June 27th for the paperback.

And, I've seen Catherynne M. Valente as the author

I've also seen  Jason M. HoughK. C. Alexander as the authors.

My question is who is writing the next Book (ME:A - Lost Ark) and when is it released? (I'm afraid I ordered the wrong audiobook)

The first book (Nexus Up Rising) is terrific.Wink

Message 67 of 102 (525 Views)

Hero

@master2g wrote:

IMHO i find for the most part Netflix ends up doing a great job on their series.I mean maybe it may be just me but the DareDevil series was awesome . Vincent Phillip D'Onofrio just nailed his King pin character and all the rest did as well. With Netflix,s current good standing record i would think they will do it justice.

I haven't seen the second season yet, because I have superhero fatigue, but the first season of Daredevil was top notch. It helps that it was made by Stephen DeKnight, creator of my favorite guilty pleasure Spartacus.

With Netflix the quality very much depends on who they're working with. They have great shows and some bad ones. The Witcher is being developed by a well respected studio and director Tomek Baginski won an Oscar once, so I feel it's in good hands.

Message 68 of 102 (517 Views)

★★ Pro

Yea good point. I googled some of his work as im not familiar with him and from the movie styles he has done it does indeed seem he has a eye for what will be needed.

Something to keep a eye on for sure. He won one and was nominated for another for Cathedral like you say so i think you are right my friend.

Message 69 of 102 (498 Views)

Hero

Also interesting to point out that Tomek Baginski directed several cinematics from the video games (the intros to all three games plus "Killing Monsters"), so he's very familiar with The Witcher.

Message 70 of 102 (482 Views)