Re: The Movies, TV and Entertainment thread

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

EA DICE Team

@ivrognard

I have to admit that I've never actually watched either Star Trek, or Doctor Who.. /hides in a corner.

As for biology and archaeology, I still love the thought of both professions. But I've come to realize that my mind is far too busy to get into the kind of delicate and patient work that is involved in both. Like you mentioned, I guess at some point most people love the idea of adventure and discovery that comes from Indiana Jones.. :-)

I'm probably going to see Alien this weekend, so I will give you a spoiler-free opinion of my experience!

@holger1405 @mathematics654

To continue the discussion about The Ring here.....

I really love the entire atmosphere of the film. It's all cold and creepy, and there's this greenish glow over every shot in the film. I think it's just very well done and it's one of my favorite horror movies ever. 

Have both of you seen the Japanese version, Ringu? In a way I thought it was even scarier!

After I saw Ringu I tried to find lots of other Asian horror movies. There's some really great stuff out there (most of them with Hollywood remakes).

Message 31 of 102 (637 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Straatford87

@Straatford87 wrote:

@ivrognard

I have to admit that I've never actually watched either Star Trek, or Doctor Who.. /hides in a corner.

Teeth bared Angry Shocked Shocked

This forum don't have enough emoji to express my outrage! We can't let this heresy stand!

Lets create a crowd fund project to get everything Star Trek or Doctor Who related  for Tom!!!!!

Wink Standard smile But seriously, why not? Did you don't like it or were there other reasons?

@Straatford87 wrote:

I really love the entire atmosphere of the film. It's all cold and creepy, and there's this greenish glow over every shot in the film. I think it's just very well done and it's one of my favorite horror movies ever. 

Have both of you seen the Japanese version, Ringu? In a way I thought it was even scarier!

After I saw Ringu I tried to find lots of other Asian horror movies. There's some really great stuff out there (most of them with Hollywood remakes).

@Dito @atmosphere, it has this unbelievably dense atmosphere during the entire movie. It is no wonder that some people called it  psycho terror.

And I indeed got Ringu after I saw The Ring. I would say they are on the same level. (That is btw something that compliments the US sequel, you can't say that for a lot of sequels.) 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 32 of 102 (630 Views)

Hi guys and girls

Did anyone see Alien Covenant yet? The trailer is breathtaking. I'm so excited! Large smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V48jYXqBSc

Message 33 of 102 (609 Views)

EA DICE Team

@holger1405wrote:

Teeth bared Angry Shocked Shocked

This forum don't have enough emoji to express my outrage! We can't let this heresy stand!

Lets create a crowd fund project to get everything Star Trek or Doctor Who related  for Tom!!!!!

Wink Standard smile But seriously, why not? Did you don't like it or were there other reasons?

Star Trek never really was to my taste. Doctor Who is just one of those shows that I simply haven't gotten around to it yet. Perhaps I will actually love it! Large smile

@holger1405@ wrote: Dito @atmosphere, it has this unbelievably dense atmosphere during the entire movie. It is no wonder that some people called it  psycho terror.

And I indeed got Ringu after I saw The Ring. I would say they are on the same level. (That is btw something that compliments the US sequel, you can't say that for a lot of sequels.) 

I was looking for words to describe it, having read your post I would say that dense covers is perfectly. 

Since there isn't anything on the horizon regarding these types of movies, I do hope that we will someday get a scary movie like this again. Perhaps the IT remake will do the trick?

@DarkBanishing

I'm planning to go see it this weekend! I'm super excited about it. We can jump in here and discuss some more once we've both seen it.. :eahigh_file:

Message 34 of 102 (606 Views)

@Straatford87

@Straatford87 wrote:

Star Trek never really was to my taste. Doctor Who is just one of those shows that I simply haven't gotten around to it yet. Perhaps I will actually love it! Large smile

@Star Trek

Fair enough, it would be pretty boring if we all would have the same taste. Standard smile

@Doctor Who

You should at least take a look at the new Series. It is quite the opposite of Star Trek. Angel

EA_Tom wrote

I was looking for words to describe it, having read your post I would say that dense covers is perfectly. 

Since there isn't anything on the horizon regarding these types of movies, I do hope that we will someday get a scary movie like this again. Perhaps the IT remake will do the trick?

I don't know, "IT" is my favourite Stephen King book, but I am almost always disappointed by literary films.

Maybe "Alien Covenant" can do the trick, at least it is made by the Master himself. It is of course on a slightly different level, but still Horror. 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 35 of 102 (599 Views)

EA DICE Team

@holger1405

Next time I'm looking for something new to watch,  I will give Doctor Who a go. You can laugh at me if my reaction is: why didn't I watch this sooner!? What have I been doing with my life!?

I'm with you on the books made into film though. Most films don't hold true to the book, or disappoint as a book is able to take a much deeper look at the subject matter.

I actually never read IT, so perhaps I should do that to prepare myself before the new movie comes out. I've heard that it's quite a read so it might take me a while.. :D

Message 36 of 102 (594 Views)

[ Edited ]

@holger1405

So, @Straatford87 doesn't like Star Trek? DevilDisappointedRaised eyebrowFrown

I just can't do it captain, I don't have the power!

I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.

I'm going to let a good friend say what I feel about @Straatford87 not loving Star Trek:

Gerelateerde afbeelding

Message 37 of 102 (583 Views)

@Straatford87

@Straatford87 wrote:

Next time I'm looking for something new to watch,  I will give Doctor Who a go. You can laugh at me if my reaction is: why didn't I watch this sooner!? What have I been doing with my life!?

That is about the reaction I'm hoping for. Large smile

EA_Tom wrote:

I'm with you on the books made into film though. Most films don't hold true to the book, or disappoint as a book is able to take a much deeper look at the subject matter.

Very true, plus, nothing can beat your fantasy. (Well, Peter Jackson did that once or twice for me. Wink )

@Straatford87 wrote:

I actually never read IT, so perhaps I should do that to prepare myself before the new movie comes out. I've heard that it's quite a read so it might take me a while.. :D

It is quite a read for sure, but it is more than worth it imho. But maybe you should wait until you see the Film.
So you avoid spoilers and are up for a reading that goes much deeper than any film could go.

@DarkBanishing

Well, we sadly can't convince them all.  Frown

Wink

Message 38 of 102 (569 Views)

Well, we sadly can't convince them all.  Frown

Wink

Well, we could, @holger1405. We only need to become Borg. Party hatLarge smileWink

Message 39 of 102 (563 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

After months of not watching much TV, there are now several shows on that I very much enjoy.

Veep - A sitcom about D.C. politics starring Julia Louis Dreyfus.

Silicon Valley - A sitcom about software developers.

Fargo - A thriller/drama series with a healthy dose of humor. Each season is its own story. Season 3 stars Ewan McGregor in two roles.

Better Call Saul - Courtroom drama and prequel to Breaking Bad.

I don't go to movie theaters much anymore except for the big flashy blockbusters, like Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Wars. I prefer watching drama and comedy films on the couch.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 40 of 102 (560 Views)