Re: The Movies, TV and Entertainment thread

by ivrognard

Original Post

EA DICE Team

@Dedudamol

Everyone has their own preferences, which is cool. Anime and games are still entertainment and can surely keep you buys for quite a while.. :-)

@A7LAS_X1

I actually quite enjoyed the story line, as it's the prequel to Alien. After Prometheus we were left with some lot's of interesting questions regarding where humanity came from, and why our creators suddenly tried to get rid of us. 

Message 21 of 102 (689 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I feel that I must give you some positive recommendation, @Straatford87

Try to watch Revenant. Winter is beautiful here. 

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 22 of 102 (685 Views)

Re: I believe dead space deserves a movie (or three)! :-)

@Straatford87 Finally seen Prometheus (workload over the roof ), wasn't a bad movie. It just felt as a remake of the original Alien, but not as tense. Acting was good, no comments there and the landscapes were fabulous. Overall, a good prequel. Still hoping for a true Alien sequel (and Covenant is a Prometheus sequel, sadly). I don't regret the time spent watching Prometheus, so i definitely enjoyed it. I just wish for that tension build-up from the original Alien movieStandard smile

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 23 of 102 (666 Views)

@Dedudamol i am definitely open to discussions, regarding anime. I think there are only two titles from your short list that i did not see yet. As i've seen LoveCom in your list, did you try any of the titles from KyoAni?! Like Air, Clannad, Kanon 2006, K-On, Haruhi Suzumiya?

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 24 of 102 (677 Views)

@ivrognard, hey! =) No... early I not her this animation studio. But thank, someday I'll watch it =)) Now I want to watch Yosuga no Sora^^ I love romantic anime =) and then Spice and Wolf. 

Message 25 of 102 (673 Views)

Spice and Wolf is really good, so i can recommend it with all my heart. Also, Aishiteruze Baby is another nice romantic anime (like i previously mentioned: nothing should stand in the way of good entertainment)

Message 26 of 102 (667 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@ivrognard

I agree with you on the tension part. I watched it with my wife and while I already knew what was coming, she almost lost interest because it took a long time to build up to some action, while not necessarily giving the feeling of being nervous.

Instead, it left me more with wonder and questions about the planet, and the origins of it and our makers.

Message 27 of 102 (666 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@Straatford87 Well, it was different. It was geared towards a more classical form of science-fiction, but lost that survival-horror feeling. Was more about encountering a race so alien that we just could not actually communicate and understand each other (also, kind of hard when you are the foodStandard smile)

Message 28 of 102 (662 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@ivrognard @DarkBanishing

Note: I merged our conversation about movies etc into this thread.

@ivrognard wrote:

@Straatford87 Well, it was different. It was geared towards a more classical form of science-fiction, but lost that survival-horror feeling. Was more about encountering a race so alien that we just could not actually communicate and understand each other (also, kind of hard when you are the foodStandard smile)

What I liked most about Prometheus was the exploration aspect. That sense of discovery..

I've always dreamed that I could go back in time (or forward, in this case) to where I could chart the world and discover new countries. Pretty much the entire earth has since been discovered and charted - imagine what it was like for a group of explorers back in the day to discover a new continent..

Note: my dream jobs when I was a child were either Biologist or Archaeologist.

As for Covenant, haven't read full reviews yet, but I heard that it does go back to the roots of Alien. I'm quite excited for it! If you do happen to see it before me, give me a heads up and let me know your impressions.. :-)

Message 29 of 102 (647 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Straatford87 well, that is one reason why i like more the Star Trek universe than the Star Wars one. It's about discovery and exploration. But even in ST they've managed to lose that partially. All the races became humanoid, while in the original Star Trek series there was so much diversity, so many strange new races. In TNG, already every race they've met, was humanoid.

Doctor Who still has strange races, races where evolution took a different turn. Funny thing, the Doctor Who series are in our days more science-fiction than any science-fiction series out there. Which kind of says a lot about the state of the genre in our days. 

I was never a fan of the biology. As for archaeology, i've seen my share of archaeological digs. As a kid, i went alongside family friends that worked in the field in quite a few archaeological camps. Once i grew up a bit, i've even worked with both the practicing students and the archaeologist. Not as galmorous as it might seem. Sleeping in tents, washing at the river, eating conserved food is not uncommon. Still, the sense of wonder when you get something out from a dig compensates a lot. Would not recommend this profession to anyone that likes comfort. But if you are the outdoor type and like getting soaked wet in rain, endure the heat and dust, all for that tiny moment when you actually discover something...Yeah, definitely miss those timesStandard smile

My dream jobs as a kid: soldier (that was because of my parents being both army officers) or archaeologist (i blame Indy here and myself as i fell in love with history). Ended up doing neither. Frown

Seems that Alien: Covenant will launch in theatres here this week-end. Unfortunately, i am not a big fan of the local theatres. So i will probably have to wait for the Blu-ray. 

Message 30 of 102 (633 Views)