Re: The Movies, TV and Entertainment thread

by Retro-Pathfinder

Original Post

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing @ivrognard @Retro-Pathfinder @holger1405

I hope you will enjoy this thread - also feel free to tag anyone that you think will be interested in discussing.. :-)

Message 11 of 102 (734 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi everyone!

I was thinking to watch Colossal with Anne Hathaway instead of the Fate of the Furious (because this team isn't complete without Paul Walker). Looks like it's going to be very funny. Giant monster and drunk girl. My last movie was the Girl on the Train. Emily Blunt was also drunk but the whole movie is depressive. 

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 12 of 102 (726 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Retro-Pathfinder

Hey Vanya! :-)

Colossal seems like an interesting movie. The plot seems rather.. strange. But I love that! It sounds like a great movie to go see with my wife.

Would you recommend Girl on the Train? I've thought about checking it out a couple of times but wasn't sure. No spoilers by the way..... Large smile

The movies that I would really love to see is the new Alien, and IT. IT most of all - can't wait!

@Dedudamol

Since you brought it up in the other thread.. what's your favorite Daft Punk album, or even track?

You also brought up the Pet Shop Boys, I would like to mention that I think their song Love Comes Quickly is awesome. I've been guilty of replaying the last few seconds of that song a zillion times because the ending sample / vocal is just absolutely amazing.

Message 13 of 102 (714 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi @Straatford87! Not album, some song. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger, Aerodynamic, Get Lucky. And Pet Shop Boys songs like Suburbia, West and girls. Thank you for listen idea! I will say impressions after listening Standard smile

Who there love anime? Which? Romantic or dynamic, with blood? =)

I like anime, including: Noragami, Suki-tte li na yo (Say "I love you"), Death Parade, Attack of Titans, Maid Sama!, Chi's Sweet Home, Lovely Complex, Sonic X (my first anime ^^). Hm...probably, I wrote all anime =)

Message 14 of 102 (704 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Straatford87 

One of the best places after in front of the PC is at the cinema! In may I am waiting for "King Arthur: Legend of the Sword", "Alien", "Wonder Woman", "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales".
There are plenty of good movies this year!
"Ghost in the shell" in April was also amazing.
Message 15 of 102 (690 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

EA_Tom написано:

Hey Vanya! :-)

Would you recommend Girl on the Train? I've thought about checking it out a couple of times but wasn't sure. No spoilers by the way..... Large smile

@Straatford87

No, I would not. This movie is based on a book, maybe this book is more interesting, I don't know. 

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 16 of 102 (681 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Dedudamol

I agree - those are some great songs!

I don't really watch anime myself, but I know that @ivrognard does. Perhaps he is familiar with the ones you named and is up for a chat.

@A7LAS_X1

Do you mean that you love to crawl back behind your PC after you've come home from the cinema? Or that you love going to the cinema when you're done gaming?

Out of the ones you named, I'm particularly looking forward to Alien! I hope it will scare the hell out of me :D

@Retro-Pathfinder

Cheers, I guess I will skip it for now then.. :-)

@Dedudamol @Retro-Pathfinder @A7LAS_X1

Any game related movies / series / books that you're into?

Message 17 of 102 (669 Views)

Well, a while ago i watched two of the Amazon pilots. One was Oasis (a rather decent sci-fi) and the other had this ridiculous name that i could picture as a comic book title: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. To my surprise, i had infinitely more fun watching the second pilot. I think that i can place it in the dramedy zone. I've laughed more than i laughed at many so-called comedies that i've attempted to watch in the last 10 years.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel has Rachel Brosnahan in the main role (if you watched Manhattan tv series you might know her) and Tony Shalhoub in the role of the father (yes, that would be mr. Monk). Screenplay is made by Amy Sherman-Palladino (Gilmore Girls), so you can expect some rather good dialogues (tremendously fun, too). Yeah, i know, a guy watching this stuff, i can imagine the comments. To be honest, i do not care. If something is good, i do not care the intended demographic. Nothing should stay in the way of your personal entertainmentWink

If i would recommend it?! What was i talking about until now?! Ah, yes, grab the pilot if you have an Amazon Prime subscription. And the good news is that this got a order for two seasons.

To be honest, Oasis would deserve a whole series, too. But 1 out of 2, not so bad.

If you watch those two pilots, let me know your opinions.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 18 of 102 (667 Views)

@Straatford87, I really strange guy, because don't watch films, very rarely read a books. My two favorite things its anime and games. Ha-ha =) 

Message 19 of 102 (656 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Straatford87  Unfortunately this upcoming Alien movie doesnt represent the original series... it is Prometheus second part  and the storyline of Prometheus isnt so good...  

Message 20 of 102 (667 Views)