Re: I believe dead space deserves a movie (or three)! :-)

by ivrognard

Original Post

The Movies, TV and Music thread

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hi all,

By popular demand, I am excited to open this thread where you can discuss the other main forms of entertainment outside of gaming: Movies, TV and Music.

Note: since this topic is considered off-topic for Answers HQ, it will be moderated with a zero tolerance policy. If you've got any questions, then make sure that you familiarize yourself with our rules & guidelines. Additionally, make sure that you use a Spoiler tag when appropriate - we don't want to spoil the fun of others!

With that out of the way... jump in and chat with other players to discuss what keeps you busy when you're not gaming.

Enjoy!

Message 10 of 102 (1,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

[this conversation has been moved and merged from the I believe Dead Space deserves a movie thread).

@DarkBanishing 

I had no idea about that movie - nice! I know what I will (trying to) be seeing this weekend.. :-)

UPDATE:

So I actually just went to see the movie Life together with my wife. I won't spoil anything, but I just want to say that it left me deeply unsettled..

Message 1 of 102 (1,174 Views)

@Straatford87

OK, unsettled is good for a horror survival movie. I'm going to see it too when I have some time.

If you have to rate the movie from 1 to 10, what points would you give it?

PS: Is it as unsettling as Prometheus? If so: Party hat

Message 2 of 102 (1,154 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

I would rate it an 8.

For me this movie was more unsettling than Prometheus. However, I will let you be the judge when you've seen it :-)

Message 3 of 102 (1,148 Views)

@Straatford87 Nothing beats the original Alien when it comes to psychological horror. The way that things are building up until the alien comes into play has a maximum effect. it just makes you to jump from your seat.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 102 (1,136 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ivrognard

I thought it was very well done in this movie as well, so would recommend to check it out if you loved Alien.. Standard smile

Message 5 of 102 (1,130 Views)

@Straatford87 Looks like i know what i am watching this week-endStandard smile

I have a friend that has a rather impressive collection of movies, as he's a real cinephile and he's also a rather big fan of the Alien series, so i have really good chances for him to have Prometheus in his collection and get it for a watch. I personally prefer to see movies at a movie theatre, but lack of time and late work hours don't allow me to go out anymoreFrown

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 6 of 102 (1,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@ivrognard @DarkBanishing

I enjoyed Prometheus and am looking forward to the new Alien movie that will come out soon.

But yeah - try to watch Life in the cinema, if you can. Otherwise just check it out when it's available to watch at home. The only problem there is that it will take a while before I can find out if you were as disturbed by the movie as I was.. :-)

UPDATE:

@ivrognard

I watched Prometheus again last night. Have to prepare for when the new Alien movie comes out.. Large smile

Message 7 of 102 (1,117 Views)

@Straatford87, @ivrognard, @Retro-Pathfinder

I can't wait for the next Alien prequel. Large smile

@Straatford87

Does EA sells storylines of games to the film industry? If not, they should, and I'm not only talking about Dead Space. Mass Effect would do great too on the big screen.

Message 8 of 102 (1,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing @ivrognard @Retro-Pathfinder

Yeah - for me this year I'm really looking forward to both the new Alien movie, and most of all the the IT remake. I re-he-he-heaaaally hope it turns out insanely scary. The original miniseries gave me scares for many years..

As for movie deals - I'm not sure about this at the moment. Personally speaking, I'm really proud of the stories and worlds that we've created, and therefore wouldn't put this outside the realm of possibility.

Message 9 of 102 (1,090 Views)