The Mastif is WAY too strong...

by ItsExpla

Original Post

The Mastif is WAY too strong...

★★★★★ Novice

I had fully purple armor and it took an enemy 2 body shots (not even headshots) to get me killed. The same enemy went on to kill my whole team, only using a Mastif in litteral seconds.  This has happened multiple times on Grand Canyon.

I genuinly hope its gonna be gone in season 8 because its very unbalanced.

Message 1 of 12 (747 Views)

Re: The Mastif is WAY too strong...

@ItsExpla if they remove it, the PK will likely be put back on the ground. the PK is an even stronger gun IMO. I have hit people for 130 with the PK. I can also use it at some fairly crazy range if I have it fully choked. It won't hit for 130 but at 15-20M I can land for 70-88.

While I agree the mastiff does hit hard. It's only good in very close CQC. If you miss a shot with it you're dead. So I simply do not get close enough to enemies for the Mastiff to be effective.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 12 (709 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex Doesn't make a difference when it's 13 damage xD

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 12 (705 Views)

@GH0STEDbyME True, but in the high skill/ranked lobbies people don't miss with the mastiff. if you walk into someone with a mastiff in Plat+ lobbies you are dead. 99 or volt is about your only option and you can't miss a single round with either or you're toast. If you try and run a 301/flatline and against a mastiff in CQC you won't stand a chance.

Nice part about the mastiff over the PK. The mastiff is useless outside of a few meters. You can't snipe people at 15-20m with it.

Message 4 of 12 (699 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex I've point blanked people whilst ADSing and still got 13 because of what? Lag? And I'm talking like the players body fills my scope kind of CQC. I've long ranged people with the Mastiff for 30-50 damage. Makes no sense.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 12 (692 Views)

@GH0STEDbyME Yeah I've had that happen too, it's typically movement. I won't use it, if it does not hit for 80-110 you're as good as dead.

Message 6 of 12 (672 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex Love the mastiff but yeah the PK is more powerful.
Message 7 of 12 (670 Views)

★★★ Expert

Would always rather have a volt or r-99.  But sure I’ll pack a mastiff

some guns are good,some are bad.  In that regard, this game is like any other. I’d rather have them work on character balance 

Message 8 of 12 (665 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ItsExpla It's a shotgun *shrugs* If you know they're packing one stay out of range. There's always a way to get around it.
Message 9 of 12 (628 Views)

★★★ Pro

@ItsExpla wrote:

I had fully purple armor and it took an enemy 2 body shots (not even headshots) to get me killed. The same enemy went on to kill my whole team, only using a Mastif in litteral seconds.  This has happened multiple times on Grand Canyon.

I genuinly hope its gonna be gone in season 8 because its very unbalanced.

No, its not 'way to strong' IMO! 

It's a shotgun, if you are accurate with one of these it should hit for hard damage! You do not always land the money shot but when you do you get the rewards for it. They cannot keep removing weapons when they get into a good place, or just nerf'in the hell out of them because its just a vicious cycle! 

Message 10 of 12 (604 Views)