Re: The Mastif Nerf

by wongcung

Original Post

The Mastif Nerf

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Okay so why the Nerf?

Season 6 No problem

Season 7 Second split, oh now a problem?

Hemlock since Season 1 no problem

Hemlock Season 7 second split, oh * now a problem?

Whats up with gamers complaining about crap? (Should we make all the weapons do 1 damage? happy then?)

Same with the Wingman, no problem, and the oh *, no too many bullets, and take away anvil. What is going on..?

How about the real issues:

1. Server lag/packet loss/ Disgustingly overloaded servers / tick rate (Add more servers)

2. SOUND, why are there still NO SOUND fixes? The audio in this game is horse pooooo.

Now you don't have to nerf anything, cause you can hear the guy with the Mastif, and his buddy with the Hemlock.. and you can hit them because the server counts the shots.

DONE

Message 1 of 24 (654 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@wongcung NERFING IS LIFE
Message 2 of 24 (637 Views)

★★★ Guide
@wongcung Mastiff seems balanced hemlock just needs a little recoil or damage buff
Message 3 of 24 (620 Views)

★ Expert

@wongcung It's not like Hemlock has been the same since S1 lol, it got buffed several times, the only issue with that gun is the headshot damage in burst fire. So a nerf was needed, but devs did the wrong one lol.

As for the Mastiff, it's a must-have weapon to win a game and for now  there is not another gun at the same level(apart from PK but it's a Care Package weapon). Imo it needed a little nerf too but they should also make it more consistent as sometimes you can deal 14 damage with a very close shot and then hit for a 50 almost mid range.

Buffing/nerfing is need to keep the game somewhat balanced. 

As for the issues you mentioned above, just give up on them, they will never fix audio or servers, they proved it at S7 launch when they said they fixed audio and then basically it was the same as ever.

Message 4 of 24 (607 Views)

★★★ Expert

If a gun does any damage, it is OP.

Everyone wants a gun they can shoot and one shot enemies with, but when enemies shoot them, they want to take no damage.

The Mastiff/Peacekeeper/You name the next gun/etc.  It's SO OP, cause IT KILLED ME AND I KNOW I DIDN'T MAKE ANY MISTAKES! I'M PERFECT!

Message 5 of 24 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@KelRieverI used 2 r301s with 3x sites on them tonight in a win. 🤣

Message 6 of 24 (577 Views)

★ Expert
@wongcung If they won't nerf Mastiff then they should just take PK out of the carepackage. When it comes to CQC the guy with the Mastiff wins and rightfully so as it is a shotgun but the problem is there's not much competition when it comes CQC shotguns as the only gun that comes close is PK which is a care package weapon.
Message 7 of 24 (564 Views)

★ Guide

Only the GOOD guy with the Mastif wins. I have escaped many Mastif dudes with movement. This takes practice. 

There is no way, in my 3800 hours in Apex that I in any way see the need to nerf any weapon in this game. It comes down to movement, aim speed etc.

Fix the sound! This is the REAL KILLER, not the Mastif.

Message 8 of 24 (524 Views)

@Nasher355 When they do nothing but buff recoil it makes the weapons prime guns for those who run anti-recoil mods. Balancing the guns out a bit is not that big of a deal.

I run into the people running the recoil mods from the time to time. Typically they have a spite fire or havoc or devo with a 3x on it and 0 recoil. They will be melting people at 50+ meters no issue.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 24 (517 Views)

@wongcung the problem with the mastiff is the it can to 126 damage up close and the peace keeper, which is a care package weapon does like 110 at a short distance without choking. So it is essentially just as good as a care package weapon.
Message 10 of 24 (507 Views)