Re: The LUGNA sponsor event needs to be rethought

by GTP_Legend-One

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The LUGNA sponsor event needs to be rethought

★★ Apprentice

Today, I completed all three sponsor objectives for LUGNA (Classic Car-Nage DLC), which then unlocked me a sponsor event.

For whatever reason, the game wants me to finish in top three AND wreck FIVE cars on top of that.

How is anyone supposed to achieve this? The cars can sustain a LOT of damage. This would MAYBE work in Havana, where you can cause huge pile-ups thanks to the track layout. But this event takes place at Yokohama and not only that, it takes place on the contrainer track where only ONE crossing is present.

Thankfully, the Will you sponsor me? achievement unlocked anyway. Still, this event won't count for career progress because it's simply impossible to achieve. The other two sponsors have sensible requirements in their events. Except for the fact that one of them wants 30 car wrecks as part of the three objectives, which is almost the exact same problem – it would take forever. But here, you can at least try to achieve it by doing multiple events until you achieve that number.

I'd like to know if anyone tested this, because I have no idea how it can be done. Honestly, on paper, it just sounds crazy. Almost as if no one bothered to try whether it's possible or not before putting it in the game.

Message 1 of 7 (2,531 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Not sure what your setting are,but I changed my Career Race Lenghth to x5 as I had it set on x1..this gave me 35 laps to wreck 5 cars and finish top 3.I was able to wreck 2 cars by lap 12,and after that quite a few cars were showing yellow or red health bars.It was fairly easy to pick them off,time consuming,but far easier than trying to get it done in 7 laps.I also took the time to upgrade the car's health that's used..and had the Indlovu sponsor active as well to help towards the wreck 25 car sponsor requirement.Hope that helps.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (2,462 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
@CrashmasterSOAD whole DLC was poorly designed and poorly executed.
To wreck someone, you just need to land the final blow, I just kept my head down and waited until AI starts piling up on the crossroads, and then hunted badly wounded cars one by one.

Still took me 3 races to complete this objective. Sometimes my final blows did not count, despite wrecking someone...
Message 2 of 7 (2,486 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks for your reply. I am fully aware that I "only" need to finish the cars (I already managed two wrecks in Havana because that was part of story mode), but I simply find this race impossible. There's simply not enough (potential) crashes. Not sure if I ever saw a car below 50% health yet. Since I already won the race, I guess I can focus on the crashes more. But the game still wants me to finish in top three. I tried to cause a pile-up in the container tunnel, but the track is a bit too wide for it.

This event just reeks of grind, assuming it's even achievable in the first place 

Message 3 of 7 (2,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sure what your setting are,but I changed my Career Race Lenghth to x5 as I had it set on x1..this gave me 35 laps to wreck 5 cars and finish top 3.I was able to wreck 2 cars by lap 12,and after that quite a few cars were showing yellow or red health bars.It was fairly easy to pick them off,time consuming,but far easier than trying to get it done in 7 laps.I also took the time to upgrade the car's health that's used..and had the Indlovu sponsor active as well to help towards the wreck 25 car sponsor requirement.Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 7 (2,463 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That's a great idea actually!

I am aware that I can extend the career event length, though never had an actual reason for it yet.

I guess this could make it work. I'll give it a try soon.

However, if THAT is how we're supposed to do it, then that's really * from the devs. How about giving us more laps by default?

While this option is available, it would never cross my mind in relation to this event. THANK YOU!

Message 5 of 7 (2,444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Exactly as you say, @painisawarning, this trash event doesn't even work properly on top of being ridiculous.

I completed it twice in a row, wasted like 40 minutes both times, yet the objective didn't unlock anyway.

I actually wrecked MORE vehicles than necessary (7 the first time and 6 the second time), yet it still didn't unlock. Or am I supposed to wreck EXACTLY five cars for it to unlock?

Congrats Codies, this is the worst event I've ever seen in a game. It goes completely against the actual mechanics of your game.

Edit:

Tried it again, going for five wrecks specifically now. Did it work? OF COURSE IT DIDN'T!

Will ignore this event until a new patch comes in. Maybe then it will finally start working out of nowhere.

But regardless, this is simply the worst dumpster fire of an event I ever had to play.

In the most recent run I had, I could maybe destroy eight cars in total if I wanted. With that said, I had to be on the easiest difficulty (normally on Expert/Legend instead) and with a 5X event length multiplier. All this work for nothing in the end. Thumbs up!

This event is not enjoyable at all even if it was working properly. I'd LOVE to see the person responsible for it and the reasoning behind what led to creating it. Or did they just pull some random stats out of a hat?

Message 6 of 7 (2,357 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having trouble even wrecking 1 car in the 4th Carnage story event, I shudder to think how long it would take to complete these sponsor objectives and this particular event.

Seems like people working at Codies NEVER playtest their own game. I remember in GRID 2019 there are achievements for airtime and getting on 2 wheels, despite the game not having any ramps or trophy trucks. It's virtually impossible to get.

Everything in this game is such a chore to grind through, but at least it involves racing. These demo derby objectives are just pure dumb luck.

Message 7 of 7 (2,156 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help